Cowboys 1st round strategy leaked (humor)

canters

Reaction score
Don’t give the Jones any ideas,,,,they are tight enough to try it and save cash on a kicker.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Personally I'd absolutely love this pick...it gives us some flexibility with Martin going forward as well. I am also one who thinks we don't need to be paying a guard 14m a year. I absolutely love Martin as a player and understand his importance but we don't need the best guard in football and we don't need to be paying for one neither. There's only certain positions I'd be willing to pay "best" money to and guard isn't one of them. With all of the money we're going to have tied up in the offense unless we can draft absolutely perfectly we'll never field a championship caliber team especially when you add in the coaching deficiencies.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We are the only team dumb enough to do this
. Not select5 him but get caught talking like rhis

Verdict

Reaction score
I could see the value of that but I would say this, as good as any prospect might be evaluated as, there is no guarantee that any of them might translate into another Martin. Martin is not Larry Allen but, he might be Logan Mankin.

I would NOT want to see Martin go anywhere. But that cap hit will leave a mark too. IDK which direction they should go but I would lean toward drafting a guard, franchising him next year and trading him after this year.