Cowboys 2007 Head Coach will be

sportsman

Reaction score
Maurice Carthon, who is now at Cleveland gaining actual OC experience something he was not getting in Dallas.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
sportsman said:
Maurice Carthon, who is now at Cleveland gaining actual OC experience something he was not getting in Dallas.

and 1 year in cleveland is all anyone would need in order to replace bp!!!

(sarcasm off)

sago1

Reaction score
No way is Jones going to name a virtual unknown to take over the Cowboys after Parcells leaves. Incidentally I believe Parcells will fulfill his 2 year contract with the Cowboys and then retire--but not before then. When Jones signs Parcells successor, it will be a high profile coach who has enjoyed considerable success. Believe Jones has learned his lesson and won't sign any more guys like Campo (Zimmer), etc.

ghst187

Reaction score
Bill Parcells....

Carthon stinks, which is why he isn't still in Dallas..

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Parcells in '07. and then........ Todd Haley in '08. Todd Bowles becomes the DC after Zimmer leaves for a college HC job.

Don't laugh -- if we have serious success both Todds are going to be white hot candidates. So hot that Jerry might even be convinced to not go out and get another Switzer.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
sportsman said:

I think I would have a better chance at the job than Maurice Carthon....LOL...maybe Zimmer or Charlie Weis...will be the next head coach..

AbeBeta

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
No friggin way. Never happen.

Zim is never going to be the HC of this team. He is a very very good coach. But guess what, so was Dave Campo. That doesn't make you HC material. I just don't see Zim as having the personality for it.

You put this guy in some small market with less pressure and he might make it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
When Parcells leaves, and I don't know that it will be after this year, Jerry will go after another high profile Head Coach. You can book that right now. I bet it might be Mike Holmgren.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
When Parcells leaves, and I don't know that it will be after this year, Jerry will go after another high profile Head Coach. You can book that right now. I bet it might be Mike Holmgren.
Absolutely. It will be a name everyone knows. The days of Campo and Gailey are over.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Absolutely. It will be a name everyone knows. The days of Campo and Gailey are over.
Thank the stars and all that is holy.

Hell, I'd thank your shrew sister in law if she were responsible for that change of tune.

Someone mentioned Weis, I'd say that is another name that will get a lot of attention from Dallas.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:

I still think Gailey got a raw deal.

Jerry brought him in because he had an innovative offense mind. Then he proceded to undermine everything he wanted to do.

Chan could have been a great coach in the right situation.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
Thank the stars and all that is holy.

Hell, I'd thank your shrew sister in law if she were responsible for that change of tune.

Someone mentioned Weis, I'd say that is another name that will get a lot of attention from Dallas.
Half the folks in here are already to proclaim Weis our next head coach. I suspect it will be that way for years. Holmgren was in a perfect spot to take over for BP until he signed that huge extension with Seattle. I mean, after Jimmy left, who thought we would hire Barry the Bozo, then Gailey, then Campo, then BP??? I went 0-4 and I'll admit it. After those 4 hires, who can really guess who our next HC will be with any degree of certainity?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Half the folks in here are already to proclaim Weis our next head coach. I suspect it will be that way for years. Holmgren was in a perfect spot to take over for BP until he signed that huge extension with Seattle. I mean, after Jimmy left, who thought we would hire Barry the Bozo, then Gailey, then Campo, then BP??? I went 0-4 and I'll admit it. After those 4 hires, who can really guess who our next HC will be with any degree of certainity?
No one can. What if Jimmy decides to take one more run at it with a good team? We simply do not know who might be there and who won't be available.