Cowboys 2018 draft: Pre-draft 30 visits list contains intriguing safety options

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if he was playing injured in that game. Definitely didn't look like a 4.3 guy. He played slow, not to mention he over-pursued the ball carrier several times.
Have you watched him in other games?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Moore thing is corny and reeks of Byron Jones. I haven’t seen him play but nobody talked about him until he became sparq king. I’m glad we met with Kyzir though. I think that’s all kris Richard wanting a more athletic Kam Chancellor

We got Edmunds too. I’d take either one and be happy. I’d be more happy with Edmunds though.
Either player improves the defense in 2018 IMO. Kyzir is probably more ready to be a walk in starter right now, but Edmonds should still be a quaility starter as a rookie. Edmonds has much more upside in coverage though and long term will probably be the better player.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Both White and Edmunds have that Kam Chancellor look to me. Hybrid SS/LB who could be a force in the box against the run and hold up in underneath coverage. I wouldn’t like either at single high, but good be excellent fits playing closer to the line of scrimmage. Figure 81 is where they could land one of the two

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with either player Edmunds or Kyzir. Was busy looking at film of Kyzir and will look at Edmunds.

You can compare stats between the players. I would say Kyzir is better on line of scrimmage based on numbers and only 2 years in comparison to 3 on Edmunds. More force fumbles and tackles for loss in yards. Big difference. Edmunds has better coverage abilities most likely. But need to see some of his film.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kyzir-white-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/terrell-edmunds-1.html

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Wow. Furthers my point about how garbage these paid scouts are. One decent combine showing and he’s a legend. Smh
How do you know the scouts didn't identify him already?

He just appeared on the draftnik radar. That is where you are getting the impression that he just came out of nowhere.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Speed doesn't matter if that S is late to recognize what's happening. Auden Tate shouldn't catch anyone off guard.

Jake0

Reaction score
The first video I looked at of Edmunds he looked completely lost in deep coverage duties.
Good tackler though unlike Moore.

First game I looked at of Derwin James was his game vs Clemson and he looked pretty meh. Looking at 1 game is never a big enough sample size.

These 3rd-6th round guys are all gonna have warts. Just a matter of finding which one has the most correctable warts.

Stephen Jones said in some interview that they are looking for a center fielder as opposed to a box safety. So I think the ones with better coverage potential are the target. Then again, Byron Jones missing tackles and giving up constant first downs is probably why he's not gonna be back there anymore.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
The first video I looked at of Edmunds he looked completely lost in deep coverage duties.
Good tackler though unlike Moore.

Yeah he does seem to not do a good job in deep coverage. Just in this video alone. Want to see more videos but its limited to youtube. I'm sure scouts have access to all games. Wonder if there is a good site that has all college videos.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Ranking DAL pre-draft S list:

1)Edmunds (S) cover, box, tackle, speed. (3rd)
2)Elliott (S) hands, vision, playmaker. (4th)
3)White (SS) box, tackle, size. (4th)
4)Walker (SS) hit stick, wrap-up, hands. (5th)
5)Orr (FS) angles, cover, hands, smart. (7th)
6)Moore (FS) good pro day. (UDFA)
7)Hall (SS) experience, size. (UDFA)