Cowboys 2019 Draft first pick 58

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
DT is deep this year...maybe we get lucky and Wilkins slips.

2 Quinnen Williams Alabama Soph DT 1 6-4 289
4 Ed Oliver Houston Jr DT 2 6-3 292
9 Jeffery Simmons Miss. State Jr DT 3 6-4 300
11 Rashan Gary Michigan Jr DT 4 6-5 283
13 Dexter Lawrence Clemson Jr DT 5 6-4 350
14 Dre'Mont Jones Ohio St. Jr DT 6 6-3 286
17 Christian Wilkins Clemson Sr DT 7 6-4 315
20 Jerry Tillery Notre Dame Sr DT 8 6-7 305
43 Gerald Willis III Miami (Fla.) Sr DT 9 6-4 285
62 Isaiah Buggs Alabama Sr DT 10 6-5 286
94 Terry Beckner, Jr. Missouri Sr DT 11 6-4 295
I like the 350 fat guy. We need bulk there, not some skinny tackles.

Hardline

Reaction score
I got a feeling that the Cowboys will jump into the free agent market more aggressively this off season..I think the direction of the draft will be dictated by that.

Aven8

Reaction score
Great trade. Awesome. This dude can run a route.

Next stop.......new OC.

leicafan

Reaction score
I got a feeling that the Cowboys will jump into the free agent market more aggressively this off season..I think the direction of the draft will be dictated by that.
That is very possible. They may get Earl Thomas if he is not too expensive. So if we get Earl, then Safety is not a big need. A recovered Earl Thomas is still way better than Heath. Then may be a running stuffing DT from free agents.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
With Jarwin showing promise I’d focus on the trenches with our second and third rounders. We need interior line help on both sides of the ball. Offensive tackle may be a pressing need as well depending on whether or not we resign Fleming. Day 3 should be pass catchers and secondary intensive.

I think we’ll sign a safety in FA as well as a more established backup QB. If Lee and Wilson are gone, we’ll sign a LB or two as well.

DanA

Reaction score
But that player would have been under control for 4 years. Not one.

That’s true but at the same time If we put Cooper on the trade table today what do you think we’d get?

At the time I thought it was a top 15 pick. 27 is much more palatable, maybe even a bargain.

DStar22

Reaction score
i'd go DT and Safety second and third round

Jarwin will be good at TE

wileedog

Reaction score
That’s true but at the same time If we put Cooper on the trade table today what do you think we’d get?
Not that much, he's a one year rental at this point who will probably opt for free agency, especially after his resurgence with us.

That said yes, I do agree the trade was a lot more palatable than when I thought it would be a top 15 pick.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Not that much, he's a one year rental at this point who will probably opt for free agency, especially after his resurgence with us.

When has Jerry ever let an inhouse FA he wanted walk away?

And Cooper makes 14 Million next year while the highest paid WR in the NFL made 18 Million this year. If we match that salary, its only 4 Million over his current number.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Let me add to the WR numbers, in 2019 Antonio Brown will make 22MM, so matching the highest number next year will be 8 Million higher (though I doubt we would have to).

OBJ will make 21, Mike Evans 20 and Sammy Watkins will make 19. Looking at that number it was a good thing Watkins stiffed us to sign in KC. He only had 10 games and 40 catches this year.

RS12

Reaction score
Wait till they draft Bryce Love or whoever else tears up a knee between now and the draft.

Jipper

Reaction score
But that player would have been under control for 5 years. Not one.

It's a risk...and it isn't so much the under control part as much as it is the rookie salary part...

But how many times do you see 1st round picks, esp late ones, Just? Give me the bird in hand every time

visionary

Reaction score
Going to be a fun off-season. This team doesn't have near the critical needs they had coming out of the 2017 season.

Not sure how you can say that

Starting 1T DT
Starting FS
Starting TE
OL depth
PR/KR

All critical needs IMO

Add in back up RB worth a darn and players likely to be cut/released and suddenly there are a lot of needs

And QB (which I think is most critical) but not touching that one

nobody

Reaction score

Also Frederick's health will play a factor....but I think you're right. They pretty much have to be more aggressive in the free agent market this off season.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You could go DT, DE, LB, S, OL or TE.

Should be able to get a good player at one of those positions.

With that said,,,off to the draft zone.

blueblood70

Reaction score
yay us...

the FN negativity over every move every win every loss gets old, you realized we draft very well the last 5 yrs,

lets revisit briefly the Amari Trade, out main goal this draft would have been a WR, Amari proved he was worth a 1st round pick, no college player ie rookie WR would have done close to Amari and Amaris young , hes our first round pick which is a successful one already before april starts., having a crack at 2-7 they can trade up and around and still gate value and players..SMH

get over yourselves in here, you arent the owners, the FO, the players and for sure not experts but can we wait until after draft day to criticize the draft ..my god!! last year LVE was bust before he suited up, howd that work out JS was mistake, yada yada yada..

can we get dislike button in here that deducts points :)

blueblood70

Reaction score
im fine with it. Amari Cooper ended up not being the checked-out Amari of the last 2 years in Oakland.

I just hope we can get a TE at 58 because man, do we need one.
yes TE and or Safety whomever the best of the 2 positions is on the draft board..