News: Cowboys 2020 Draft: What the Falcons moving up in the draft could mean for Dallas

Batman1980

Reaction score
I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him if they can't work out a deal to trade back and get that stud C.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him if they can't work out a deal to trade back and get that stud C.
I'm struggling to get behind another first round OL pick.
We have too many holes on this team and I see it as a luxury that doesnt make a top 5 OL considerably better imho.
CB
S
EDGE
WR3

I would prioritize before C. They spent a second and a third round pick in two recent drafts for interior OL and we have Looney who more than adequately filled in for Frederick.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We have too many holes on this team and I see it as a luxury that doesnt make a top 5 OL considerably better imho.
CB
S
EDGE
WR3

I would prioritize before C. They spent a second and a third round pick in two recent drafts for interior OL and we have Looney who more than adequately filled in for Frederick.

Long term value. In general, the top drafted C is gold. A competent 100% snap starter from game 1. And when you resign him, he's at a mistakenly undervalued position and you'll get good value then too.

I consider C as the 4th most important position, and one relatively underalued. If you can get a stud there, take him.

There's also the idea that it's better to make your team dominant somewhere than less meh where you're weak. A dominant oline changes everything.

I'll cheap out on CB. WR3 isn't even in the discussion for me. I'd think probably take a stud DE or a true over the top S like Earl Thomas with ~4.40 speed. But C is a prime position.

Don't know if there are prime C's out there this year, but then again, Frederick wasn't considered prime either. I don't see us taking a C at 17 this year. Maybe someone else wants to trade up and give us value.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My fear is what the Cowboys will do if Henderson and Chaisson are both gone by 17.

giphy.gif

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully they can find a tradeback partner if that happens.

they can trade back to around the 22nd pick. Get CB Trevon Diggs, and pick up a 3rd round pick, maybe even a 6th.
Or if a team wants to trade up to get QB Love, maybe they can swing getting a 2nd and 4th round pick instead.

I would not be opposed to that at all.

but the difference between the 17th and and 22nd to the chart I have, which is 4 or 5 years old, is 170 points, which would give is the 84th pick overall. But as I said, if a team wants it bad enough, maybe we can swing a 2nd

GenoT

Reaction score
Long term value. In general, the top drafted C is gold. A competent 100% snap starter from game 1. And when you resign him, he's at a mistakenly undervalued position and you'll get good value then too.

I consider C as the 4th most important position, and one relatively underalued. If you can get a stud there, take him.

There's also the idea that it's better to make your team dominant somewhere than less meh where you're weak. A dominant oline changes everything.

I'll cheap out on CB. WR3 isn't even in the discussion for me. I'd think probably take a stud DE or a true over the top S like Earl Thomas with ~4.40 speed. But C is a prime position.

Don't know if there are prime C's out there this year, but then again, Frederick wasn't considered prime either. I don't see us taking a C at 17 this year. Maybe someone else wants to trade up and give us value.

“Long term value.”

You mean, like another 24 seasons of no Super Bowl??!?

lkelly

Reaction score
I don't get the premise of the article. The Falcons already pick in front of Dallas. If they make that pick at 9 or at 16, they still potentially take a player that Dallas might want. And if they trade with a team in front of them that team still picks in front of Dallas barring another trade down.

It would be more interesting to hear an article talk about the impact of a team behind Dallas moving in front of them. Like....with the Falcons....to draft a player they think Dallas may pick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
CB
S
EDGE
WR3

Yeah I’m not with it. No more investing first rounders on that offensive line.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't get the premise of the article. The Falcons already pick in front of Dallas. If they make that pick at 9 or at 16, they still potentially take a player that Dallas might want. And if they trade with a team in front of them that team still picks in front of Dallas barring another trade down.

It would be more interesting to hear an article talk about the impact of a team behind Dallas moving in front of them. Like....with the Falcons....to draft a player they think Dallas may pick.
It depends who they trade up for. If they trade up for a guy it could effect how the teams behind them draft.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
:popcorn:

Word on the street is the Falcons love Isaiah Simmons OLB Clemson......Question is....do they go all in on him like they did w/ Julio Jones.....because that is what it's gonna take to move up that far.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Unless the Falcons are planning on drafting someone with a long term injury or a history of substance abuse or violent tendencies towards their loved ones then it won't effect what Dallas does at all. ;)

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
My fear is what the Cowboys will do if Henderson and Chaisson are both gone by 17.
They will scrap their draft..

and trade back for a #1 in 2021 plus another pick in this draft..probably a 2 or 3rd rd pick in 2020.

Depending on how the Dak contract works..they may have to draft a QB to replace Dak.

They need to remain flexible so McCarthy can decide what to do.

I think Cooper Rush could be the starter and Dak could sit by the end of the season if he stumbles under the pressure.

Watch out, folks.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
They will scrap their draft..

and trade back for a #1 in 2021 plus another pick in this draft..probably a 2 or 3rd rd pick in 2020.

Depending on how the Dak contract works..they may have to draft a QB to replace Dak.

They need to remain flexible so McCarthy can decide what to do.

I think Cooper Rush could be the starter and Dak could sit by the end of the season if he stumbles under the pressure.

Watch out, folks.
Cooper Rush will never be the starter for the Dallas Cowboys. The only way it could happen is if Dak dropped something heavy on his foot 5 minutes before kick off.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
There are so many guys I like at the end of the 1st round that if Henderson, Chaisson and Kinlaw are all gone, we should trade back.

Murray, Mims, Fulton, Diggs, Delpit, McKinney, Ruiz... if the Cowboys can trade down and pick up one of those guys plus an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder, that’s a big win.