News: Cowboys 2020 Draft: What the Falcons moving up in the draft could mean for Dallas

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
To trade back, hopefully there is someone that is still around that can be used as bait, say like a QB. But for that too happen a lot of people would probably be off the board by then.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
they can trade back to around the 22nd pick. Get CB Trevon Diggs, and pick up a 3rd round pick, maybe even a 6th.
Or if a team wants to trade up to get QB Love, maybe they can swing getting a 2nd and 4th round pick instead.

I would not be opposed to that at all.

but the difference between the 17th and and 22nd to the chart I have, which is 4 or 5 years old, is 170 points, which would give is the 84th pick overall. But as I said, if a team wants it bad enough, maybe we can swing a 2nd

I like the way you are thinking on this. I am convincing myself that a trade back is the best way to go for us. I think that there are a lot of CB's that are similar in skillset that we can grab later in round one and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd, we would be much better off.

Proof

Reaction score
I don't get the premise of the article. The Falcons already pick in front of Dallas. If they make that pick at 9 or at 16, they still potentially take a player that Dallas might want. And if they trade with a team in front of them that team still picks in front of Dallas barring another trade down.

It would be more interesting to hear an article talk about the impact of a team behind Dallas moving in front of them. Like....with the Falcons....to draft a player they think Dallas may pick.

Lol. For real, that was my thought as well.