Twitter: Cowboys' 21 Unrestricted Free Agents

ksadler1

Reaction score
I use to dread the end of year UFA list. After the past 26 years lve adopted the attitude of, let them walk. We can lose with totally different players too...

Xavier187

Reaction score
Anger, Turner, Sprinkle, Armstrong and Kearse.

Try and see if you can fix any other issue I the draft and possibly a FA or two.

Creeper

Reaction score
We are so screwed next year. We stand at somewhere around $22 million over the CAP for 2022. So before we do anything we need to clear $22 million in CAP space. They gets us under the CAP with not a penny to sign anyone, not even the punter. To accomplish anything we will need to clear another $25 to $30 million. That would allow us to sign maybe a couple of the better players on this list. This is where the overpayments to Zeke, Cooper, Lawrence and Dak are really going to hurt. And it won't get a lot better in 2023 either as Daks contract balloons and the years left to benefit from a restructure lessen.

J_Allen

Reaction score
After another first round exit they can all walk.

Except for Anger

Xavier187

Reaction score
We are so screwed next year. We stand at somewhere around $22 million over the CAP for 2022. So before we do anything we need to clear $22 million in CAP space. They gets us under the CAP with not a penny to sign anyone, not even the punter. To accomplish anything we will need to clear another $25 to $30 million. That would allow us to sign maybe a couple of the better players on this list. This is where the overpayments to Zeke, Cooper, Lawrence and Dak are really going to hurt. And it won't get a lot better in 2023 either as Daks contract balloons and the years left to benefit from a restructure lessen.

Currently 12 million over

AyeAtey

Reaction score
You seem to know this stuff, thanks for the picture and putting things in perspective..

Xavier187

Reaction score
Currently 12 million over

Sorry 2022 13,592,462 over the cap

2023 19,620297 under the cap

2024 113,081,017 under the cap.

And that's not counting cap going up in 23 or 24

So freaking out on cap I wouldn't

Plus in one mov you can get back under the cap on a restructure

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Going to get very interesting.

Those mega contracts sure rearing it's ugly head. Ouch!

TheHerd

Reaction score
Where do you get 22 over? I see 13.5 over, and cutting Cooper, DLaw, and Jarwin could free up 44M. If you don't believe in Collins, cutting him frees up another 10. Those cuts do create dead cap in 2023, but we're still 68M under the cap that year. This isn't going to be a cap problem, it's going to be a spending the cap correctly problem.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Where do you get 22 over? I see 13.5 over, and cutting Cooper, DLaw, and Jarwin could free up 44M. If you don't believe in Collins, cutting him frees up another 10. Those cuts do create dead cap in 2023, but we're still 68M under the cap that year. This isn't going to be a cap problem, it's going to be a spending the cap correctly problem.

Collins has some tradevalue no point in cutting.

Restructuring is the way to go on Cooper and Lawerance.

Cut Jarwin

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score

I think that was the part of the problem with Romo's career....Romo cap numbers ate to much of the cap and they couldnt build out the team... Looks like Jerry and Stephen are using the same model for DAK.. let the contract ballon and shop for cheap FA's to fill out the roster....2022 is gonna hurt..

Xavier187

Reaction score
I think that was the part of the problem with Romo's career....Romo cap numbers ate to much of the cap and they couldnt build out the team... Looks like Jerry and Stephen are using the same model for DAK.. let the contract ballon and shop for cheap FA's to fill out the roster....2022 is gonna hurt..
If we could add Pat Peterson and OJ Howard or David Njoku or Engram for TE I'd be happy with just two guys in FA and some ifs.

Diggs and Joseph need a pro mentor.

Creeper

Reaction score

And when Romo retired the Cowboys had to eat a huge amount of dead money which prevented them from retaining players the next season. .

Creeper

Reaction score

Sportrac and Over-the-Cap both estimate the CAP number after 51 players are signed. Over-the-cap includes a number for just the current signed players, which is -$13.5. But this does not include the rookie pool which could be between $4 million and $6 million. However, it is true using the $22 million number does double count in a way.

Sure, they can cut Cooper, DLaw and Jarwin, just like that, but that's the point. Not having them on the field hurts the team, which was the point of my post. Of course they can get under the CAP by cutting players but then you have to assume they will be replaced by lesser players making less money.