Twitter: Cowboys' 21 Unrestricted Free Agents

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
If Kearse or Gregory get a big offer, they’re gone.

I think Shultz will be re-signed. Don’t see him getting tons of interest on the market and Dak covets him. But he’s a one dimensional TE and hurts the run game.

The real mystery is what our WR corps will look like. Wilson will get some moderate interest and I think he’s gone if we restructure Cooper. If we release Coop look for us to prioritize keeping Ced.

I think Gallup stays on a one year deal because his injury destroyed his marketability. But I can also see the Giants or Eagles offering him one of those sneaky deals we can’t match.

LVE probably gets a one year deal to stay. Don’t see another team offering him anything significant. Dudes like Kazee, Watkins, Williams, Nsekhe and Neal need to be recycled out with (hopefully) better players.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Collins has some tradevalue no point in cutting.

Restructuring is the way to go on Cooper and Lawerance.

Cut Jarwin
Don't disagree with any of what you're saying. Point is that we can easily create a lot of cap room.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Sportrac and Over-the-Cap both estimate the CAP number after 51 players are signed. Over-the-cap includes a number for just the current signed players, which is -$13.5. But this does not include the rookie pool which could be between $4 million and $6 million. However, it is true using the $22 million number does double count in a way.

Sure, they can cut Cooper, DLaw and Jarwin, just like that, but that's the point. Not having them on the field hurts the team, which was the point of my post. Of course they can get under the CAP by cutting players but then you have to assume they will be replaced by lesser players making less money.
My point is we need to redefine lesser. We think our players are a lot better than they are. And what we have ain't working. I actually think the right move is restructures for the players we think are going to get us to playoff wins, and take the pain for the others.

Carson

Reaction score
If Kearse or Gregory get a big offer, they’re gone.

I think Shultz will be re-signed. Don’t see him getting tons of interest on the market and Dak covets him. But he’s a one dimensional TE and hurts the run game.

The real mystery is what our WR corps will look like. Wilson will get some moderate interest and I think he’s gone if we restructure Cooper. If we release Coop look for us to prioritize keeping Ced.

I think Gallup stays on a one year deal because his injury destroyed his marketability. But I can also see the Giants or Eagles offering him one of those sneaky deals we can’t match.

LVE probably gets a one year deal to stay. Don’t see another team offering him anything significant. Dudes like Kazee, Watkins, Williams, Nsekhe and Neal need to be recycled out with (hopefully) better players.
I don't see Kearse getting a big deal. He's 28, been in the league since 2016 and has had ONE solid year. He has solid value with his special teams ability and flexibility. But I just don't see teams making him highly paid and out of our range.

Schultz should be re-signed and Jarwin should immediately be released. People complain about Schultz lack of blocking, but not many top tier TE's are concerned about blocking.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I don't see Kearse getting a big deal. He's 28, been in the league since 2016 and has had ONE solid year. He has solid value with his special teams ability and flexibility. But I just don't see teams making him highly paid and out of our range.

Schultz should be re-signed and Jarwin should immediately be released. People complain about Schultz lack of blocking, but not many top tier TE's are concerned about blocking.

If the team is going to prioritize the running game, they need quality blocking at TE. If we’re gonna run the WC offense, Shultz is great. But Dak will fail in the WC offense.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gonna be a difficult offseason. My plan would be:

1. Restructure Dak and Zak
2. Sign Kearse, Hooker, Anger, Armstrong and McQuaide
3. See if LVE will take a cheaper 1 yr deal, with option. If not, time to move on.
4. Think long and hard about what to do with Tank - thinking they keep him 1 more year due to hole it would create on Dline.
5. Figure out the cost to sign one of Wilson or Gallup - if you can get them reasonable, sign one and release Cooper and use draft for WR.

If Cooper is released, you would likely be able to sign a couple FA's - LB/DE/LG would be priority.

Draft is Oline,DE,RB,WR and LB. Weak QB draft, if not - I'd look mid round to make that pick

TheHerd

Reaction score

3. See if LVE will take a cheaper 1 yr deal, with option. If not, time to move on.
4. Think long and hard about what to do with Tank - thinking they keep him 1 more year due to hole it would create on Dline.
5. Figure out the cost to sign one of Wilson or Gallup - if you can get them reasonable, sign one and release Cooper and use draft for WR.

If Cooper is released, you would likely be able to sign a couple FA's - LB/DE/LG would be priority.

Draft is Oline,DE,RB,WR and LB. Weak QB draft, if not - I'd look mid round to make that pick

I don't want LVE if he's free.Cut or restructure Tank. Draft OL, OL, OL. Get fatty DT in free agency or draft.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score

1. Zeke - can't keep a declining player beyond his usefulness
2. Ok with keeping Kearse Hooker etc.
3. LVE will have options (just like Smith got options). not sure Cowboys will step up to the plate and pay him, they need to.
4. Tank is a big NO-GO, dude counts 27mil towards the CAP is on the downside of his career (JAG as this point)
5. Wilson and Gallup will be in demand....all good WRs get paid by some needy team. Jerry can't afford them next year

DLAW, 27mil, COOP, 22mil, Zeke 18mil and a few others are in jeopardy of being a CAP casualty...gonna be interesting to see how Jerry's handles the offseason....

b0xZZ

Reaction score
gallup(or wilson)
gregory
kearse
vander esch

those 4 i'd like to keep...but im not looking to set records paying any of them.
because of the injury...i think it might be easier to keep gallup.
id like to keep schultz but i think he's gone.

LVE is horrible I cant believe anyone would want to keep that waste of uniform

Xavier187

Reaction score
Don't disagree with any of what you're saying. Point is that we can easily create a lot of cap room.
I m trying to add some draft capital. I need more picks we gotta lot of holes as we speak. They need to be filled cheaply