Cowboys 30 visits tracker

817Gill

Reaction score
He’s one of the least productive DEs in this class.
Numbers aren’t there but when you watch him play he’s constantly in the backfield. He’s got a lot to work on technique wise but as a standup OLB/Pass Rusher (Quinn’s DPR role) he has the chance to be a disruptive player.

I’d take him in round 3 and look to have him as a part of the pass rush rotation.

My3Sons

Reaction score
I was at the Cowboys Club in the star last Wed and saw Stephen Jones meeting with draft prospects. I did notice a big white guy with a CMU polo on.

RS12

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys
  • Jalen Wydermyer, TE
    Texas A&M
  • Treylon Burks, WR
    Arkansas
  • Cade Otton, TE
    Washington
  • Quay Walker, LB
    Georgia
  • Myjai Sanders, DE
    Cincinnati
  • Cameron Jurgens, C
    Nebraska
  • Perrion Winfrey, DT
    Oklahoma
  • DeMarvin Leal, DE
    Texas A&M
  • Jeremy Ruckert, TE
    Ohio State
  • Joshua Ezeudu, OT
    North Carolina
  • Markquese Bell, S
    Florida A&M
  • Devin Harper, LB
    Oklahoma State
  • James Houston, LB
    Jackson State
  • DaRon Bland, CB
    Fresno State
  • Luiji Vilain, DE
    Wake Forest
  • David Anenih, DE
    Houston
  • Dawson Deaton, C
    Texas Tech
  • Chris Olave, WR
    Ohio State
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-draft-prospects-visit-tracker/

Carson

Reaction score
That is a crazy stat line, guess he was facing a lot of chemistry majors in that conference
He’s another one who has been coached well.

Played for Pat Surtain in high school. Went to Florida and transferred out. He’s smaller like Sanders but reportedly bulked up to 244. “The Problem” was a 3 star recruit. I followed him as I follow Florida football and have season tickets.

Kid will be a terror in a 3-4

RS12

Reaction score
Tariq Carpenter, S | Georgia Tech
Tariq Carpenter is all over draft boards at several positions since draft meetings ended last week. He’s also an interesting study. The former safety from Georgia Tech came to the Senior Bowl and played outside linebacker. Carpenter was not invited to the Combine but turned in outstanding numbers during pro day workouts. At 6’3″ and 230 pounds, Carpenter timed 4.47 seconds in the 40, touched 41 inches in the vertical jump, and reached 11’4″ in the broad jump.

He’s had official top-30 visits with the Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals, and Green Bay Packers. Some teams have Carpenter on their safety board. Meanwhile, others have him listed as a linebacker, including the New York Jets.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...r-joshua-williams-tariq-carpenter-and-others/

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Tariq Carpenter, S | Georgia Tech
Tariq Carpenter is all over draft boards at several positions since draft meetings ended last week. He’s also an interesting study. The former safety from Georgia Tech came to the Senior Bowl and played outside linebacker. Carpenter was not invited to the Combine but turned in outstanding numbers during pro day workouts. At 6’3″ and 230 pounds, Carpenter timed 4.47 seconds in the 40, touched 41 inches in the vertical jump, and reached 11’4″ in the broad jump.

He’s had official top-30 visits with the Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals, and Green Bay Packers. Some teams have Carpenter on their safety board. Meanwhile, others have him listed as a linebacker, including the New York Jets.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...r-joshua-williams-tariq-carpenter-and-others/

Another Javon Kearse.

Just faster.

I love idea of converting Carpenter to OLB.

John813

Reaction score
Tariq was a bight spot for a poor GT team last year. Like the idea of day 3/PFA of acquiring him and let him develop(potentially) into another Kearse style hybrid.