Cowboys 30 visits tracker

stilltheguru

Reaction score
And also @WillieBeamen if you can see I want ELITE athletes at 24. Every guy I want is that. Yall trying to convince me on Burks who isn't an elite athlete. And olave and Williams 2 tiny receivers. Nah. First rounders are supposed to be guys that test elite and you watch them and see the athleticism

cnuball21

Reaction score
And also @WillieBeamen if you can see I want ELITE athletes at 24. Every guy I want is that. Yall trying to convince me on Burks who isn't an elite athlete. And olave and Williams 2 tiny receivers. Nah. First rounders are supposed to be guys that test elite and you watch them and see the athleticism

Size, athleticism, production and plus tape. Eliminate as many risks as possible in round 1.

Reactions: BAT

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I hear you but Fred and Ceedee werent elite athletes …

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nah. I'll take Mafe or Penning too. All I know is if we come out of this draft with Leo Chanal in any round it's a W
What do you think of their interest in Davis? Do you think they are hoping he slide, or that they may try to get aggressive? Broaddus said they were interested even before he blew up the combine.

I dont know if they ever picked up the phone, but I do remember pre draft rumors that they may try to trade up for Vea in 2018

stilltheguru

Reaction score
What do you think of their interest in Davis? Do you think they are hoping he slide, or that they may try to get aggressive? Broaddus said they were interested even before he blew up the combine.

I dont know if they ever picked up the phone, but I do remember pre draft rumors that they may try to trade up for Vea in 2018
I think they hope for a slide. I don't see them trading up for him. They don't have the balls for that

tm1119

Reaction score

So either WR or G in 1st and we can pencil in Anenih and Deaton as 5th round picks. Those 2 are fairly obscure prospects to bring in for official visits. The cowboys are usually completely transparent with who they want.

Edit: Are these official visits or do these include Dallas Day prospects? Would be even stranger to bring in Deaton and Anenih as 2 of their 30 now that I realize they are located in Texas

Cowboyny

Reaction score
So either WR or G in 1st and we can pencil in Anenih and Deaton as 5th round picks. Those 2 are fairly obscure prospects to bring in for official visits. The cowboys are usually completely transparent with who they want.

Edit: Are these official visits or do these include Dallas Day prospects? Would be even stranger to bring in Deaton and Anenih as 2 of their 30 now that I realize they are located in Texas
Just wrote a post, they are less transparent under MM, but I think you are write, might be some of those Dallas Day prospects on that list. It's surprising to me, we haven't seen Linderbaum, Dean, Jones, Chenal or any of those 2nd tier receivers.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
He is that type of player, however, when we got rid of Dez he lost a step and wasn't as explosive.
I would like a more explosive route running WR to add to the team; however, is it a fair comparison for this kid. I didn’t see him play much this year, but the Alabama game he was dominating. Dez was not a polished route runner and his emotions became a problem for the team. I think your right when you say Dak doesn’t toss many 50/50 balls; so the coaches have to draft players that complement our QB strengths. The Alabama WR Williams would be a steal at 24. That kid is explosive baring his recovery from injury.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Anybody got any updates after yesterday's Dallas Days ?
People living in the Dallas area here anything about it yesterday - haven't seen a mention anywhere ....

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Take Florida corner Kaiir Elam for instance. Elam supposedly ran a 4.47 (1st run), 4.54 (2nd run), and yet his official time was a 4.39?
Typically the 40 times are fairly consistent with the second one being a tad slower. You have to remember the 40 is a full exertion exercise, so sometimes players hurt or push themselves on the first one.

The kids all want to run the 40s. We used to do it every spring. It was always fun because one, it a lesson in reality for a lot of these kids ("No way I run a 4.9 coach") and two, it was fun as coaches to see which of our peers were either too generous or too stingy with their trigger fingers. Once the kids figure it out, you would see them all getting in line for the umm, more generous coaches. I took pride in being the consistent guy. One of the greatest compliments I have had a peer says was " Coach Daniels is a bad word but he's never going to lie to a player. If you're slow, he's going to tell you just how slow you are." Anyway, we realized that too many of our players were hurting themselves. We'd come out of spring ball with too many pulled or injured hamstrings, or even worse, achilles injuries. We stopped running the 40 the last several years.

Back to your point, this year's Combine was the first one I can recall where the offical times were faster than the initial, live times.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

I'd love a shot at Davis.

Would give up Tank + 2024 1st to whoever drafts him.