Twitter: Cowboys 5th in Super Bowl odds next year

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You say that about 32 teams and be right 31 times.

Not every team generates the fan/media interest and has the expectations the Cowboys do. If Cleveland, Tennessee, Jacksonville and a lot of other teams fail it’s no big deal to everyone but when the Cowboys fail it generates a lot of commentary because they’re not like the rest of the teams, they’re America’s Team. People either love them or hate them so whether they succeed or fail it draws a lot of interest. The Cowboys are soap opera.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Does Vegas have any clue we have 22 FA’s?

That's not how Vegas works.

They know there are plenty of Cowboys fans who think like Jerry, that they were so "close" this year (despite losing at home in the wild card round), that they'll jump on it.

Vegas makes big money on Cowboys fans every year, and they have for a long time.

"WE DEM BOYZ!" :muttley:

Skybox22

Reaction score
In all of your hater faces.

Zero chance. Waaaay too soft, mentally and physically. Teams will still run against them, Tyrone will get hurt, OL will struggle again, Ceedee will have the same production (meh) Zeke will be the same, won't use Pollard enough, will not draft a fatty on Dl, will draft a tight end who's marginal. You know the drill.
They won't even make the playoffs. Hope I'm terribly wrong but I don't see it. The only saving grace is the East has very average Qb's and the draft class sucks.
No way do they make the SB.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I mean there are part of it I get in terms of trying to find an NFC team to pick. Basically you have the Rams who have a LOT of questions as to who is coming back and who is not but if they return enough people they are the favorite but after that you have nothing but questions. The Packers could very easily lose Rodgers and even without that they are looking at a rebuilt no matter what they claim and neither the Bears nor Lions are worth anything and the Vikings are average at best. The NFC South is a complete mess with no one really being worth talking about. The Eagles and Giants have picks but the Giants have cap issues to resolve and the Eagles are probably a year away from being a contender. That basically leaves you with whatever the Cardinals are, and they have QB drama right now, and whatever the 49ers are and they are starting a QB who nobody knows what he is.
if Rodgers stays, Packers are not doing a rebuild no matter how matter how other teams fans wish it to be so.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
i see the Bengals got a ton of respect for what they accomplished last year.

Hardline

Reaction score
The Cowboys have zero chance of winning the Super Bowl next season.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Basically you have the Rams who have a LOT of questions as to who is coming back and who is not but if they return enough people they are the favorite but after that you have nothing but questions

But remember, the Bucs returned basically their entire SB winning team and didn't even get to the NFC title game. So even if they get back nearly everybody, no guarantee of even a return trip TO the SB.

The NFL these days is rife with "what ifs", heck the Bengals were 4-11-1 just two years ago and were in the SB this year. In recent history you had the Saints, for decades the laughingstock of the NFL, they pick up Brees, damaged goods at the time, and 3 years later won the SB. We all remember the 3-13 and 1-15 Cowboys, get a top rookie quarterback, top running back, then a lot of players off the Walker trade and proceed to win 3 SBs in 4 years.

At this point I'd not be all that surprised if the Lions make the NFC championship game next year!

Crazy times...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vegas has known for years that a ton of people love to bet on the ‘Boys. It’s not necessarily an indication of likelihood of occurrence.

Adreme

Reaction score
But remember, the Bucs returned basically their entire SB winning team and didn't even get to the NFC title game. So even if they get back nearly everybody, no guarantee of even a return trip TO the SB.

The NFL these days is rife with "what ifs", heck the Bengals were 4-11-1 just two years ago and were in the SB this year. In recent history you had the Saints, for decades the laughingstock of the NFL, they pick up Brees, damaged goods at the time, and 3 years later won the SB. We all remember the 3-13 and 1-15 Cowboys, get a top rookie quarterback, top running back, then a lot of players off the Walker trade and proceed to win 3 SBs in 4 years.

At this point I'd not be all that surprised if the Lions make the NFC championship game next year!

Crazy times...

To be fair that is because the Buccs were not exactly a dominant Super Bowl team and other teams, well the Rams, got better. This year that is not happening as the NFC is slated to get far worse while the AFC gets far better.

Adreme

Reaction score
if Rodgers stays, Packers are not doing a rebuild no matter how matter how other teams fans wish it to be so.

It doesnt matter whether they want to or not. They are currently 51 million over the cap BEFORE talking about Adams contract. Rodgers is in the last year of his contract but if they add 4 void years they could hypothetically shave off around 15m. Just to get under the cap they are going to have to make BIG cuts and there probably is not a way to keep both Rodgers and Adams. The open money simply does not exist.

raven55

Reaction score
they maybe 5th but there not gonna be in it as sure as i"M typing this

quickccc

Reaction score
Popularity contest ..

. all the flash, hype will get them the Vegas odds ... the lack of substance will only unfortunately make it a pipe dream .... :(