Cowboys add nearly 11 million of cap space on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

conner01

Reaction score
What color is the Kool Aid YOU drink? You know, the one that tells you Jerry is only a total moron that only cares about money, and that we’re guaranteed to fail? Where’s the middle ground?
We haven’t had a low salary expenses for 10 years. I don’t know where that even comes from.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That's not fact or true. But believe in what you want. Then explain to yourself why the Cowboys have had a consistently low player salary expense for +10 years. But Jerry tells you to drink the Kool Aid, that the Cowboys make moves to go to win the Super Bowl every year.
read this
S cap rules
if jerry doesnt spend at least 89% the league will share it with current and past players. Same thing for the 95% threshold.
the extra 5%, not sure about that, but even if they could take it in cash .
It would be 5% of 208 mil 1 which is about 1.4 mil , which is chump change, and not sure if he could even take that.
But knowing him he would if he could lol.

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
What color is the Kool Aid YOU drink? You know, the one that tells you Jerry is only a total moron that only cares about money, and that we’re guaranteed to fail? Where’s the middle ground?
You go look for middle ground of supposedly "America's Team" not having a back to back playoff winning for 15 years and not getting to sniff a NFC championship game and Super Bowl for 26 years. Middle ground is mediocrity and the Arlington Jonesboys have not even achieved mediocrity with Jerry Dumbo GM Jones in charge since 1996.

Facts are facts and time proves the truth.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
read this
S cap rules
if jerry doesnt spend at least 89% the league will share it with current and past players. Same thing for the 95% threshold.
the extra 5%, not sure about that, but even if they could take it in cash .
It would be 5% of 208 mil 1 which is about 1.4 mil , which is chump change, and not sure if he could even take that.
But knowing him he would if he could lol.
I already addressed this and sent the links in the original post. I will just say you are confusing NFL with Dallas Cowboys books and cap management. I am not paid to teach fans about the principles of accounting, taxes, and depreciation. This has been going on for decades. That cap gap is like the gasoline you leave in the hose for the gas station owner...vacation and college tuition money or in Jerry's World Yacht and Bus money.

rambo2

Reaction score
You go look for middle ground of supposedly "America's Team" not having a back to back playoff winning for 15 years and not getting to sniff a NFC championship game and Super Bowl for 26 years. Middle ground is mediocrity and the Arlington Jonesboys have not even achieved mediocrity with Jerry Dumbo GM Jones in charge since 1996.

Will be interesting on what facts will come up in the next couple of years. You might have to come back and give them some credit.

ESisback

Reaction score

Truth is, the Cowboys have the highest overall win percentage, five Super Bowl wins in their 63 years of existence (A higher percentage than most), the largest fanbase, and the most valuable franchise in the world. Freakin’ losers!

rambo2

Reaction score
Truth is, the Cowboys have the highest overall win percentage, five Super Bowl wins in their 63 years of existence (A higher percentage than most), the largest fanbase, and the most valuable franchise in the world. Freakin’ losers!
Facts are facts.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I already addressed this and sent the links in the original post. I will just say you are confusing NFL with Dallas Cowboys books and cap management. I am not paid to teach fans about the principles of accounting, taxes, and depreciation. This has been going on for decades. That cap gap is like the gasoline you leave in the hose for the gas station owner...vacation and college tuition money or in Jerry's World Yacht and Bus money.
The Jones are basically Land Barrens in North Texas now... again when they sit at the table to talk finances its not about Millions......His land development business dwarfs what he makes off the Cowboys.....Just type this into Google "Jerry Jones Land" and see how many "Jerry Jones buys land in ______" come up. the 13.1 billion net is just his building assets its not including all the land he has just sitting and waiting for development..Basically DFW can not grow in any direction without Jerry getting paid.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Tom Landry, Tex Schramm, Gil Brandt, Bob Ackles, John Wooten, Jimmy Johnson, and the teams of the late 60's, 70's, early 80's, and up to 1995 did that (winning).

Hell is large with a high percentage too. But I don't want to be a fan in hell. Ooops that was my point...SINCE 1996 Jonesboys purgatory.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The Jones are basically Land Barrens in North Texas now... again when they sit at the table to talk finances its not about Millions......His land development business dwarfs what he makes off the Cowboys.....Just type this into Google "Jerry Jones Land" and see how many "Jerry Jones buys land in ______" come up. the 13.1 billion net is just his building assets its not including all the land he has just sitting and waiting for development..Basically DFW can not grow in any direction without Jerry getting paid.
That is my point. Winning a Super Bowl has not been a priority since 1994 to prove he could do it without Jimmy Johnson using Jimmy Johnson's team.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Will be interesting on what facts will come up in the next couple of years. You might have to come back and give them some credit.
Sound like those 1970's Saints fans with the bags on their heads..."wait till next year". They had to deal with a oil man that was owner and GM. Same results.

I am a Dallas Cowboys fan so winning 1 Super Bowl with a 26 year gap is not what I would congratulate the Arlington Jonesboys as a Dallas Cowboys achievement.

I wish Arlington Jonesboys fans knew what it was like being a Dallas Cowboys fan from the late 60's to 1995. No one could tell you crap about your football team, Winners, your QB, a Hero, the Owner owned and built a stadium, your Head Coach, Legendary, and your GM, created everything Jerry milks now including the NFL (see Tex and Lamar).

rambo2

Reaction score
Sound like those 1970's Saints fans with the bags on their heads..."wait till next year". They had to deal with a oil man that was owner and GM. Same results.

I am a Dallas Cowboys fan so winning 1 Super Bowl with a 26 year gap is not what I would congratulate the Arlington Jonesboys as a Dallas Cowboys achievement.

I wish Arlington Jonesboys fans knew what it was like being a Dallas Cowboys fan from the late 60's to 1995. No one could tell you crap about your football team, Winners, your QB, a Hero, the Owner owned and built a stadium, your Head Coach, Legendary, and your GM, created everything Jerry milks now including the NFL (see Tex and Lamar).
Lol, I've been a fan since 1965. I love where the team is at today.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Lol, I've been a fan since 1965. I love where the team is at today.
We can be a fan of the Dallas Cowboys but have a different view of the future. But 26 years of the Arlington Jonesboys is not going to have me puffing out my chest or not recognizing what I actually am seeing...

You have another Head Coach that is a lame duck, no healthy 1st team RB, an unsettled OL, no one at K, a Head Coach of Offense and a Head Coach of Defense with Jerry Dumbo GM Jones as owner, GM, and defacto head coach. Seen the outcome in 2010 with Son of a Bum and the Red Head Clapper.

rambo2

Reaction score
We can be a fan of the Dallas Cowboys but have a different view of the future. But 26 years of the Arlington Jonesboys is not going to have me puffing out my chest or not recognizing what I actually am seeing...

You have another Head Coach that is a lame duck, no healthy 1st team RB, an unsettled OL, no one at K, a Head Coach of Offense and a Head Coach of Defense with Jerry Dumbo GM Jones as owner, GM, and defacto head coach. Seen the outcome in 2010 with Son of a Bum and the Red Head Clapper.
You have a team that is improved after winning 25 games over the last 2 years. Not a bad place to be. You actually might see that they have an excellent defensive tackle in Mazi Smith which is something that they haven't had in many years.

You might see that they have an excellent contending team.

ESisback

Reaction score
Tom Landry, Tex Schramm, Gil Brandt, Bob Ackles, John Wooten, Jimmy Johnson, and the teams of the late 60's, 70's, early 80's, and up to 1995 did that (winning).

Hell is large with a high percentage too. But I don't want to be a fan in hell. Ooops that was my point...SINCE 1996 Jonesboys purgatory.
Always sour, always negative. This is all supposed to be fun! You could always find another team that makes you happy..

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Always sour, always negative. This is all supposed to be fun! You could always find another team that makes you happy..
Oh I get it, 26 years of crap (no NFC Championship game/Super Bowl) is my fault. I am just to be happy with what Jerry Dumbo GM Jones gives me called Arlington Jonesboys, when I know what are the Dallas Cowboys?

Not.

Not negative but realistic to reality as past performance is indicative of future success when you have a 26 year track record.

This team lost a playoff game to Mr. Irrelevant. Not a young Joe Montana, but Mr. Irrelevant.

ESisback

Reaction score
Oh I get it, 26 years of crap (no NFC Championship game/Super Bowl) is my fault. I am just to be happy with what Jerry Dumbo GM Jones gives me called Arlington Jonesboys, when I know what are the Dallas Cowboys?

Not.

Not negative but realistic to reality as past performance is indicative of future success when you have a 26 year track record.

This team lost a playoff game to Mr. Irrelevant. Not a young Joe Montana, but Mr. Irrelevant.
My point exactly! So if it makes you so unhappy, why not switch to a team you can brag about at the water cooler? Why torture yourself with losers? No one said it was YOUR fault!

Status
Not open for further replies.