Cowboys add nearly 11 million of cap space on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yes they can.

"NFL teams are allowed to roll over any unused cap space from one season to the next. Clubs must tell the league they plan to roll over cap space by 4 p.m. ET on the day after their regular-season finale.

While the NFL has a salary cap, it also has a salary floor, so teams cannot hold onto money in perpetuity. Teams must spend at least 89% of the cap over a four-year period, while the NFL as a whole must spend at least 95% of the cap."

At minimum 11% of a NFL team's cap is free money. Now, go look up depreciation of assets. Then put 1+2 together. https://www.greenberglawoffice.com/roster-depreciation-allowance/

No you can not depreciate your children. You are not rich and can prove your children are assets.
that law is for any sports team. has nothing to do with cap $

if the cowboys have 5 mil in cap space at end of season , jerry cant just take that and put it in his pocket.
sure he can roll it over to 2024.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I'm not so sure. Fournette is just one season removed from a strong season sharing time with Ronald Jones (a reunion!) and might be a pretty strong change of pace back complimenting Pollard. We certainly don't have a larger RB like Fournette on the roster unless the undrafted FA makes the team.

But regardless if what he would end up showing, the name alone would make a splash. My guess is the fan base would be divided among those that love the move or hate it. Possibly not much in between
:facepalm:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We know you love Zeke. With enough due diligence and sheer luck, we will find someone else who can run one yard and fall forward.

It's going to be alright.
That would be Pollard with his hobbled leg. You will soon tear down your posters and whine about him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not until he gets paid. But once a player gets paid, all bets are off and criticism can be warranted.
Well he is getting $10 million this year for a part time player. Unless they really think he can carry the load.
But yeah he has an incentive for a bigger contract. Then he can take his Cabo trip. But at least he will do it after the contract and not before. :laugh:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
that law is for any sports team. has nothing to do with cap $

if the cowboys have 5 mil in cap space at end of season , jerry cant just take that and put it in his pocket.
sure he can roll it over to 2024.
That's not fact or true. But believe in what you want. Then explain to yourself why the Cowboys have had a consistently low player salary expense for +10 years. But Jerry tells you to drink the Kool Aid, that the Cowboys make moves to go to win the Super Bowl every year.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Stephen will hem and haw about that cap room being reserved for Diggs and Lamb, only to talk about how greedy they are when they won't sign for a discount.

I've seen this movie before.
I know your probably kidding so no offense but this always makes me laugh, "why are Jerry and Stephen so cheap with the cap money, they dont need it" yeah they cant pocket it thats true and for some reason when i see Jerry and Stephen having a real talk about money the figure of 20 mill seems really low to me on their spectrum..lol "Stepehen we are going to have to delay some of your kids school money to pay Diggs" ..more like "Hey Stephen i just bought the rest of the land from Frisco to Ok, the bank account has a few less Billions but I think we will be ok".

ESisback

Reaction score
That's not fact or true. But believe in what you want. Then explain to yourself why the Cowboys have had a consistently low player salary expense for +10 years. But Jerry tells you to drink the Kool Aid, that the Cowboys make moves to go to win the Super Bowl every year.
What color is the Kool Aid YOU drink? You know, the one that tells you Jerry is only a total moron that only cares about money, and that we’re guaranteed to fail? Where’s the middle ground?

conner01

Reaction score

I can only imagine the talent shopping spree on the horizon.

The talent will be guys already on the roster lol
Just extending them
But we always add a couple guys during cut downs and even into the season
Those don’t generally cost much but the big spend will be our guys

Status
Not open for further replies.