Signed by Cowboys Cowboys agree to terms with Jason Peters

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Bro, this is a bad look for you.

You said Micah Parsons was a mistake too.
I just wanted Micah to earn his star during training camp. I didn't say one bad word about Micah once the season got started. That's completely different than this situation. I trust our #1 draft pick to be a solid LT. If we get Peters, which apparently we did, he can be our LG.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

jerry-jones-and-stephen-jones-.webp

Look Daddy...I rolled my sleeves up...

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Who was better in their prime? Tyron or Peters? I'm gonna go with Tyron.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyler Smith Embracing Advice From Jason Peters
By Rob Phillips | DallasCowboys.com
September 5, 2022

tr9oh6au7r9steg8z7tb.jpg

FRISCO, Texas – Not long after officially signing his contract with the Cowboys, Jason Peters was on the practice field Monday, already chatting with first-round draft pick Tyler Smith.

"Today he was giving me some tips and tricks he's learned throughout the years that could really help me in my development," Smith said. "He's a great addition to the team."

Smith, 21, was three years old when Peters – a nine-time Pro Bowl offensive tackle with the Buffalo Bills and Philadelphia Eagles – entered the league as an undrafted rookie out of Arkansas in 2004.

Peters has built a Hall of Fame resume in the past 18 years. He says one of his goals now, at age 40, is "trying to set the bar for the up-and-coming youth."

Read more

Jipper

Reaction score
Tyler Smith Embracing Advice From Jason Peters
By Rob Phillips | DallasCowboys.com
September 5, 2022

tr9oh6au7r9steg8z7tb.jpg

FRISCO, Texas – Not long after officially signing his contract with the Cowboys, Jason Peters was on the practice field Monday, already chatting with first-round draft pick Tyler Smith.

"Today he was giving me some tips and tricks he's learned throughout the years that could really help me in my development," Smith said. "He's a great addition to the team."

Smith, 21, was three years old when Peters – a nine-time Pro Bowl offensive tackle with the Buffalo Bills and Philadelphia Eagles – entered the league as an undrafted rookie out of Arkansas in 2004.

Peters has built a Hall of Fame resume in the past 18 years. He says one of his goals now, at age 40, is "trying to set the bar for the up-and-coming youth."

Read more

Cool to see, could help a lot with development

shabazz

Reaction score
I doubt this picture was actually taken at the Star, or wherever he signed. This was probably taken when he was with the Eagles, and probably not even his vehicle.

damn, your right, I don’t do social media other than this site so I got duped on this one. Oh, shame of it all.

Tussinman

Reaction score
The one with the ring that wasn't giving up sacks in playoff games
To be fair Peters didn't even really play the year they won the superbowl (missed 9 games + the entire playoffs).

Weird to knock Tyron for that single playoff game against the 49ers but then praise Peters who didn't even play a single snap in the playoffs the year they went deep

Who was better in their prime? Tyron or Peters? I'm gonna go with Tyron.
Prime vs prime Tyron would have the slight edge but career wise Peters has him beat by a decent margin (longer career and more accolades).

shabazz

Reaction score
Meh, I like 'ole AC. He's just a passionate fan. No harm in that.

Stalin was passionate too…….just kidding. I dislike nobody here but a lot of people get over emotional and won’t even welcome respectful fans of other teams…..I can’t get behind that. That’s what I thought separated our fan base from the others.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Great news. Hope he can really hype Tyler Smith develop into someone we can rely on to consistently protect Dak.