Signed by Cowboys Cowboys agree to terms with Jason Peters

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Guess who wrote this on their board: "I would happily play for the Dallas cowboys if they paid me a couple million dollars. Whether you have 50m$ or you’re broke, a million dollars is still a million dollars."

Spoiler Alert: @Aerolithe_Lion

The hilarious thing over there is them talking about Celek, and how he would never play for another team besides the Eagles.

It's hilarious because the Eagles fans don't even realize their team is still one of the last teams any new player would want to play for. Their inflated sense of self about their team is just flat out hilarious.

My ex in-laws were from Philthy. Crap city, crap people, crap team.

LittleD

Reaction score
Should have been signed in March...stupid dummies in the front office.

He wasn't going to sign in March. He's 40 and wanted no part of TC. He did just what he wanted by waiting till the last moment when his
training would be minimized.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I thought all practice squad players made 12k a week, with veterans making a little more. Can a practice squad player be paid more?
Well I’m shocked he’s here is I figured Jerry would jack it up

now we’ll see if he’s the cure lol

I don't think you have to worry about that with Jerry. Stephen on the other hand...

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
It makes you woder how many Hall of Famers would have been backups here.
Plenty becaue I read a lot of the nfl retirees live in Texas. So guys at the end if the career would love to play close to where there permanently live

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yeah, Hank Williams Jr. was going to make his hit song, "send me to hell or Philly, that be the same to me" lol. then New York sucked a little more and he changed the city to New York City.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Trust me, Stephen's timing here is not a coincidence.......

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/05/cowboys-add-jason-peters-to-practice-squad/
Cowboys add Jason Peters to practice squad
Posted by Mike Florio on September 5, 2022, 9:15 AM EDT
The deal is done. But it’s not a full-blown roster-spot deal.

Todd Archer of ESPN.com reports that the Cowboys have added tackle Jason Peters to the practice squad

“This allows Peters, 40, to ease into work after not going to a training camp,” Archer tweeted.

It also allows the Cowboys to avoid owing Peters his full salary for 2022, under the concept of termination pay. If he were on the Week One active roster and if the team decided things weren’t working out, he would have been entitled to his full salary if he’d been released.

Motorola

Reaction score
Brian Waters showed up in Dallas at age 36 basically off of his couch and immediately was the 2nd best OL on the team behind Tyron in 2015. It's not often but there are guys like Waters, Peters and Whitworth who can play OL at a decent level well into their late 30s.
Don't forget this HOFer who played until 40...
from long ago - Jackie Slater.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think he's stated that he likes the Cowboys, just not as much as the Eagles. I could be misremembering what he said.
He is the most knowledgeable and respectful enemy fan that we have ever had in this forum.
@Aerolithe_Lion is always welcome in this house, he sets the standard for opposing comp entering this hallowed ground.
He is the baseline, all others not meeting that level shall be dismissed quickly.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dallas just admitted Tyler isn't starting material.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's a mistake. I can confidently say that without hearing the details of the deal.