Signed by Cowboys Cowboys agree with Terrence Williams

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
They had a first round grade on Terrance Williams? First I've heard of it.
It's probably true... in fact a lot of teams probably did at some point or another. Williams was actually pretty dominant in 2012 for Baylor, I think leading the entire nation in receiving. I believe an underwhelming performance in the underwear olympics hurt his stock.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
WR Terrance Williams re-signs with Dallas Cowboys

Actual
: Four years, $17 million

PFF play-earned contract: Four years, $21.7 million, $5.8 million guaranteed

Grade: A

Dallas does a nice job in locking up a solid receiving option for extremely modest money. Williams may be capped in terms of his role in Dallas, but he has been a big-play threat for the team with receptions for at least 42 yards in each of his four seasons, and catches of longer than 75 yards in two of them.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pr...ocial&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Was never really a TW fans and wasn't worried about losing him. In fact, I was happy that he was likely to get a big deal and we'd get a nice comp pick. I just saw that he tweeted "loyalty" after he resigned. That instantly makes him one of my favorites and I hope he takes his game to another level. Any player that takes less to stay deserves mad respect. He may not have found the money he expected but I'm sure he could have got much more than that somewhere else.

plasticman

Reaction score
What about when Dez wasn't playing?

Thats impressive, although Irvin was limited by qb play early on. Thats not to say he didnt have his own rookie struggles but come year 4 it all fell into place and he was in for 1200-1500 yds per season.

I highly doubt we see that with Twill, as he came in with a seasoned QB chunking the ball all over the field. Although his QB was probably hurt half of that time.

I think Twill is a good but not great WR and we got him at good value. Id love to upgrade at the position but the truth is there are only so many resources to go around.

I would never suggest that he is a star WR on the same level as Irvin. My point is, as the 2nd receiver, he has more than held his own. He has certainly surpassed other "2nd" WR's for the Cowboys, guys like Alvin Harper and Antonio Bryant.

Consider also, his touches are limited by the peesense of a Hall of Fame TE as well as a dominant running game for two seasons. Furthermore, in his 4 seasons, his quarterback has missed a significant amount of playing time.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Was never really a TW fans and wasn't worried about losing him. In fact, I was happy that he was likely to get a big deal and we'd get a nice comp pick. I just saw that he tweeted "loyalty" after he resigned. That instantly makes him one of my favorites and I hope he takes his game to another level. Any player that takes less to stay deserves mad respect. He may not have found the money he expected but I'm sure he could have got much more than that somewhere else.

I think in some waya he was taking a shot at his former teammates..

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
So everyone's jumping to snatch a bunch of "no-name" players from our "bad" defense (in the opinion of some), but then we manage to retain this prolific offenses' #2 WR for (relatively) peanuts?

Cool-630x472.jpg

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
And he still is a body catcher.
Sure, but there are plenty of "hands catchers" out there, making more, with half the talent.
We want every player to be the perfect athlete, not happening, he has intangibles that are deserving of this contract.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Sure, but there are plenty of "hands catchers" out there, making more, with half the talent.
We want every player to be the perfect athlete, not happening, he has intangibles that are deserving of this contract.

Except for right tackle...status quo with potential to add. That works for me, if Green stands up and plays a season. Might even be better.