Cowboys allow Washington to talk to assistant DL Coach Sharrif Floyd and assistant Pete Ohnegian

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Big Sharyff was just an assistant assistant/quality control! lol he's gone!

Jumbo075

Reaction score

Sounds like the Cowboys are going to allow Quinn to poach many defensive assistants, and will allow the new DC to bring in mostly his own crew. But they want to keep Harris to work with the Defensive backs. That makes sense to me. Harris is loved by his DB's. And any DC who doesn't value what Harris has done for the Cowboys defensive backfield would be a fool.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Yikes. Guess that shows how they view those assistants.

Normally asistsants are nervous about staying under a lame duck coach in his final year, but no worries here in Dallas. Jerry will just assign the assistants to the next Head Coach.

Carson

Reaction score
Yikes. Guess that shows how they view those assistants.

Normally asistsants are nervous about staying under a lame duck coach in his final year, but no worries here in Dallas. Jerry will just assign the assistants to the next Head Coach.
I mean whoever gets the DC will bring in their guys. At least this lets most of these guys keep a job

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I mean whoever gets the DC will bring in their guys. At least this lets most of these guys keep a job
Part of the big problem in Dallas.

The next HC is not really in charge if he has staff assigned to him.

Jerry has to realize that even if he insists on playing football guy as the GM, the Head Coach has to have the authority to run the on-field product.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Part of the big problem in Dallas.

The next HC is not really in charge if he has staff assigned to him.

Jerry has to realize that even if he insists on playing football guy as the GM, the Head Coach has to have the authority to run the on-field product.
Except the players do not see their head coach having real authority if their general manager is making all the football moves.