Cowboys among betting favorites to sign Bakhtiari

_sturt_

Reaction score
2024-07-11_10-15-30.thumb.png.a260be5c35d3ccee055f276f8378d6d7.png

_sturt_

Reaction score
Don't get the allergy to the idea.

At the right price, perfect addition.

At worst, even if his surgically-repaired knee eventually sidelines him again, he buys you some time for Guyton to figure things out. And he's an All-Pro mentor to your 1st round pick.

At best, he's a 2024 Pro Bowl candidate who you've signed to a 1 year deal and buys you some time for Guyton to figure things out... and plausibly, for 2025, re-signs... while Guyton's progress makes him a candidate to challenge Terrence Steele over at his more familiar RT spot... that is, challenge the guy whose salary cap impact just took a dramatic jump.

The likely scenario is somewhere between the two, of course.

Obviously, some betting lines perceive the match as plausible.

Adreme

Reaction score
I dont know the Bears T situation well enough to know why they are the favorites (presumably chatter) but I get the other 3. Chiefs have major questions at T, in terms of whether they have someone who can play it, Ravens have a LT but he always gets injured, and the Cowboys have options but nothing that stands out so having a veteran insurance policy makes sense.

gtb1943

Reaction score
How much does he have left is the real question
at one time he was a ALL PRO but that was frankly at least five years ago that he looked that good.

RonWashington

Reaction score
77 given recent injury history is better off in New Yawk . I don’t think Dallas lost one free agent that can’t be replaced in 2024. Churn the roster for goodness sakes Bob Ackles

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah, these guys evidently don't know Jerry and Stephen!! :laugh:
Actually, it's happened plenty of times.. I think this is the type of player they would bring in one it's an offensive lineman in a position of need it would probably sign a cheap base contract and then have a bunch of escalators in it to protect them from injury.... I'm not saying they should do it but they could probably use him the way they used Peters but they've done this before and it's usually with an offensive lineman that they're comfortable doing so.. So anybody here that thinks it's not happening just because they don't go after big names typically are not remembering the Jones family are comfortable doing that and they have in the past...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, these guys evidently don't know Jerry and Stephen!! :laugh:
they obviously wouldn't have signed him a few years ago, but signing a player coming off a serious injury at a reduced price doesn't seem that out of character.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dallas was going to sign someone, it was going to be Tyron.

And we saw how that went. Unless Guyton gets injured in camp, and it's long term, I doubt they sign any OT.
This guy might be a lot cheaper than Tyron considering he's coming off an injury that cost him 16 games last year.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two questions...
1. Is his injury completely healed?
2. What makes any fan think he'd be affordable to the Cowboys?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It could happen, but it is too early to panic on Guyton.
I don't know that it would be a sign of panic. If they could get him for 1 year he might just be viewed as insurance or someone to hold down the fort while Guyton gains some experience

Two questions...
1. Is his injury completely healed?
2. What makes any fan think he'd be affordable to the Cowboys?
The fact you have to ask about a serious injury that cost him almost all of last season, plus the fact the Packers cut him are at least a clue he might be affordable, especially if it's something like a 1 year deal