Twitter: Cowboys and T. Basham

cowboyec

Reaction score
i liked him in college.
havent kept up with him.
still scratchin' the surface it looks.
7.5 sacks in his career...just 26yrs old.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The tweet mentions they want to add multiple defensive starters. Basham is an average starter. Is that their plan? Throw their money around and get a bunch of average starters?

Don't think he'd be considered a starter, but would rotate at end with Lawrence and Gregory. Essentially, Aldon Smith's replacement.

I like that kind of pick-up. I don't like relying on players like this to start or washed-up/injured players, which is what our teams generally does, especially on defense.

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
Don't think he'd be considered a starter, but would rotate at end with Lawrence and Gregory. Essentially, Aldon Smith's replacement.

I like that kind of pick-up. I don't like relying on players like this to start or washed-up/injured players, which is what our teams generally does, especially on defense.
Yes, a good young rotation piece. Sort of like the Kerry Hyder signing a few years ago. Would be a younger replacement for A.Smith.

Mr_437

Reaction score
What do they need Basham for anyway when they have Dorance Armstrong (Jerry's guy), haha.

Message to reporters: let us know when they sign somebody, otherwise you bullshyting.

conner01

Reaction score
I know. But any fan knows what the plan is. They've been doing it for years. It hasn't worked - that's the story.
Every team has the media to deal with but they can only assume many things and any real news they report is done because the team wanted it

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
We have a huge need at DT, CB, LB and S. What do we look for? A swing OT that isn't really that much better than our guys we have. A LS to replace the best LS in the history of the NFL. Bringing back marginal players like Noah Brown, Antwaun Woods. Resigning a ST guy. Yep, this is how you build a Super Bowl contender.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I think this stuff comes from agents more than it does the cowboys front office. After all who wants to be interrupted when your on a 200+ million dollar yatch on vacation.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Not sure why they do this. They'll sign 4 scrubs and they know they're all scrubs and 2 won't make the 53 or 55 whatever it is now and the other 2 will get released midseason or injured. Then we have zero to show for 4 players and 10-12 million dollars. Why not just sign a very good player to solidify a need?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Let’s hope not. I’d rather go younger with basham or anae. Smith was lethargic weeks 4-17
Anae. Agree. That poor kid never even got a chance last year. Wasted his rookie year because Mike Nolan was a damned idiot.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Anae has a chance to develop into a TJ Watt type. I can see it with him on tape.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think that with the current decrease in the salary cap that some players are going to have a rude awakening. The Cowboys might get several very cheap when the available cap dollars dry up. I'm a bit surprised that NE is spending as freely as they are, even with the cap room that they have.

Verdict

Reaction score
We have a huge need at DT, CB, LB and S. What do we look for? A swing OT that isn't really that much better than our guys we have. A LS to replace the best LS in the history of the NFL. Bringing back marginal players like Noah Brown, Antwaun Woods. Resigning a ST guy. Yep, this is how you build a Super Bowl contender.

None of the moves we have made so far improve the team. On the other hand, none of them prevent us from upgrading the position they play either. All of the guys we have kept on board can be good backup depth. I don't want to see Noah Brown or Woods start. But I doubt having them start is part of the plan.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This happens every year. The Cowboys are intentionally inactive the first week on FA period. Fans complain about the team's inactivity in FA. Once the first week of FA settles down, the Cowboys get more active.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
The tweet mentions they want to add multiple defensive starters. Basham is an average starter. Is that their plan? Throw their money around and get a bunch of average starters?
Well.... yeah.

davey999

Reaction score
This happens every year. The Cowboys are intentionally inactive the first week on FA period. Fans complain about the team's inactivity in FA. Once the first week of FA settles down, the Cowboys get more active.
Right. When do we get to see the results of their plan? Presumably, your plan is to eventually win, correct?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Very strange wording from Mike here..not sure exactly how to title this post..but it sounds like something could be brewing here..not trying to mislead anyone w a false title..but that's the best I could come up with

Thoughts on this guy?

Basham would be a good signing if we get him.