Twitter: Cowboys and T. Basham

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Right. When do we get to see the results of their plan? Presumably, your plan is to eventually win, correct?
Jerry spoke of "the plan" during the Dak Prescott press conference. He is clearly intent on winning Super Bowls, this is the goal. So the plan is obviously to turn things around and win.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Many fans here were screaming from the mountain tops for Poe and Griffin last year. I have seen many players that were over paid this year, either banking on past exploits or hoping on them hitting the sweet spot of the development curve. Also most of the FA signings are getting a notch below perennial pro bowl level. The deals that hurt are the trades, at least two trades I would have gladly of done brockers and brown.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Basham at $3-5m is a way better signing than Hendrickson at triple that.

davey999

Reaction score
Jerry spoke of "the plan" during the Dak Prescott press conference. He is clearly intent on winning Super Bowls, this is the goal. So the plan is obviously to turn things around and win.
This plan has been in place for a few years now. So when does the turn around start?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Can't say I know much about him, but if the Jets, who have cap room to burn, don't want him....that can't be a good sign.

He must want more than they think he is worth and I dont see how thats a match for Dallas.

This is why we needed to see more of Anae, but we were chasing that Super Bowl until the end last year.

Use the draft only to improve then don't play the mid round guys.

Solid strategy.

Creeper

Reaction score

Very strange wording from Mike here..not sure exactly how to title this post..but it sounds like something could be brewing here..not trying to mislead anyone w a false title..but that's the best I could come up with

Thoughts on this guy?

It means the Cowboys are interested and have a price in mind but they are waiting to see if anyone else offers Basham more. If he gets a better offer, Dallas will move on down the list to the next K-Mart special. Even if they sign him he is an upgrade over Armstrong, but not much more.

Rayman70

Reaction score
tenor.gif
we the fans been punked for 25 years running.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think he means no one is throwing money at basham so he'll wait cause he has to untill he's cheap enough for teams like the cowboys to offer minimum 1 year deals.

RamziD

Reaction score
I would imagine this is to replace Aldon. While not a stat sheet stuffer,
It means the Cowboys are interested and have a price in mind but they are waiting to see if anyone else offers Basham more. If he gets a better offer, Dallas will move on down the list to the next K-Mart special. Even if they sign him he is an upgrade over Armstrong, but not much more.
If they sign him I would expect they’d be moving on from Aldon and not Armstrong

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Very strange wording from Mike here..not sure exactly how to title this post..but it sounds like something could be brewing here..not trying to mislead anyone w a false title..but that's the best I could come up with

Thoughts on this guy?

Ya, the players agent is his source to get his name going on twitter with teams like the Cowboys.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

Thoughts on this guy?

His name is Basham.

Meets Jeds criteria.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Thoughts on this guy?

Why are we fussing "at edge" with Gregory and Lawrence on board?
I don't see us signing a "defensive starter" at DE unless it's to *extend* Gregory.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Why are we fussing "at edge" with Gregory and Lawrence on board?
I don't see us signing a "defensive starter" at DE unless it's to *extend* Gregory.

Because both Lawrence and Gregory have histories of missing games and you only have Armstrong and Anae behind them.