Cowboys are ‘way far off as a team,’ Jason Garrett says

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Speaks volumes doesn’t it? How long has he been the coach? How many successful drafts in a row now? How many players voted in the top 100? Yet, they are still way off as a team. Who’s fault is that? It pains me to think what a real coach could have done with this team over the past 6-7 years and where he would have us sitting right now compared to Garrett and his never ending erosion of responsibilities. I guess you never have to fire someone if you simply take away their responsibilities one by one until others are doing their job and their contract runs out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's a win-win scenario for fans that are sick of Garrett. Either the team is a winner this season or the fans are treated to a change in the HC. Nothing would be a bigger insult to these great fans than to experience the disappointment of yet another season of the Cowboys falling short of their goals and see Garrett return as our HC in 2020. Hell no, that can not happen.

Praxit

Reaction score
...it makes perfect sense to say that, its pre-season. So many wrinkles to iron out. So many players to figure out. Throw in the Zeke situation and its downright complicated.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The difference between Jimmy and Jason is that Jimmy wouldn't talk about it. Jimmy would kick some *** until the team was ready to play. I hope Jason doesn't drop the first couple of games again this season.

I'm pretty sure Jimmy kicked some before the 1993 season, but Dallas started 0-2 without Emmitt anyway. Yelling and screaming is okay, I guess, but you need your key players.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coach speak. A quote churned right out of the NFL Coaches Handbook.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Of course, when Jason talks in a more positive way, which is what he usually does, that's also said to be coach speak. I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I do like hearing something different from Jason than just his stock "we did a lot of good things, and there things we need to work on". It may mean nothing, but it at least gives some hope that his attitude could be changing.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Source: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...jason-garrett-says/1ht5nf1w5tvyh1x4n1ilc1ac4s

I'm not the biggest Garrett fan, but I try to be fair.

I can't even express how much I love this. With everyone talking Superbowl, NFL Top 100, All NFC teams, etc. this is exactly what a coach should be doing, especially this time of year.

Not exactly breaking new ground, but good to hear the coaches are bringing the team back down to earth, the hype has been out of control and from what I've been hearing from camp, there's plenty to improve on.

I'm just happy to not hear the usual, "I think we did some good things. We're just trying to stack good days." from Garrett.
Garrett channeling his inner Johnson and Parcells here.

Silly

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Jimmy kicked some before the 1993 season, but Dallas started 0-2 without Emmitt anyway. Yelling and screaming is okay, I guess, but you need your key players.

I don't know... I don't think that excuse floats anymore. Dallas has too many talented players. It is time coaching help the team win.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Jason should really look for a real head coach , if he isn't pleased with his current garbage coaching .

Jason should just pay the new HC hush hush money and let the new HC game plan (etc...) , and everything should carry on as normal at the press conferences .

khiladi

Reaction score
The difference between Jimmy and Jason is that Jimmy wouldn't talk about it. Jimmy would kick some *** until the team was ready to play. I hope Jason doesn't drop the first couple of games again this season.

The CBA rules don’t allow it now. But you are right, Jimmy was a whole different breed. Training camp was intense, but it was for the season. I remember them having awful training camp records when he was here, but he’d be running drills to prepare them for a specific opponent when regular season cane around.

This article came out the beginning of the season they won their first super bowl. When you had a focused Jimmy, it was over. Even Bellichek went down to learn from him on how he evaluated talent I believe, which started their friendship.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/the-hungriest-coach/

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Source: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...jason-garrett-says/1ht5nf1w5tvyh1x4n1ilc1ac4s

I'm not the biggest Garrett fan, but I try to be fair.

I can't even express how much I love this. With everyone talking Superbowl, NFL Top 100, All NFC teams, etc. this is exactly what a coach should be doing, especially this time of year.

Not exactly breaking new ground, but good to hear the coaches are bringing the team back down to earth, the hype has been out of control and from what I've been hearing from camp, there's plenty to improve on.

I'm just happy to not hear the usual, "I think we did some good things. We're just trying to stack good days." from Garrett.
This shouldn’t be news as EVERY tea is “way far off” at this point in the season.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
If Garrett thinks he's gone after this season, it would be great to see him start raging on the sidelines. Go over and slap Mickey, push a couple podiums over...he won't have won us a Super Bowl, but at least he could steal Jerry's camera time on his way out.