Cowboys are ‘way far off as a team,’ Jason Garrett says

Asklesko

Reaction score
We have Mr. Negativity for a coach. No wonder we never win a playoff game.

Big_D

Reaction score
Perhaps a little smart rubbed off when he had dinner with Bellichick. This is usually the time where he says "they did some good things, it's a process, Finish the fight, there's no i in team" etc etc Maybe he got a new motivational poster?

davidariust24

Reaction score
He's getting this team dialed in. That sounds good. I really feel this team has a big chance this season

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This cracks me up. It was what I was thinking before I read this post. The one great thing about Tom Landry, and Jimmy Johnson to some extent, (too small of a sample size) was he had the Cowboys ready and in top form in week1. The team you saw in week one was the team you saw in week 6, 9, 13, etc......

Back then there wasn't free agency so it's understandable that we see teams today take multiple weeks to get up to speed. But it wasn't that uncommon back then either. Dallas would always get out to great starts only to see other teams finally get it together as the season went on. But he had a big advantage for the first several weeks of the season.
Landry always made a big deal about winning in week 1, he felt it set the tone for the season.
To JG and his teams, it is just another game.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Source: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...jason-garrett-says/1ht5nf1w5tvyh1x4n1ilc1ac4s

I'm not the biggest Garrett fan, but I try to be fair.

I can't even express how much I love this. With everyone talking Superbowl, NFL Top 100, All NFC teams, etc. this is exactly what a coach should be doing, especially this time of year.

Not exactly breaking new ground, but good to hear the coaches are bringing the team back down to earth, the hype has been out of control and from what I've been hearing from camp, there's plenty to improve on.

I'm just happy to not hear the usual, "I think we did some good things. We're just trying to stack good days." from Garrett.
Yeah better than usual, but to me the way they practice, I dont think you he or anyone can SEE anything relevant .
games 2.3.4 in the PS you can maybe see some things.

ghst187

Reaction score
Source: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...jason-garrett-says/1ht5nf1w5tvyh1x4n1ilc1ac4s

I'm not the biggest Garrett fan, but I try to be fair.

I can't even express how much I love this. With everyone talking Superbowl, NFL Top 100, All NFC teams, etc. this is exactly what a coach should be doing, especially this time of year.

Not exactly breaking new ground, but good to hear the coaches are bringing the team back down to earth, the hype has been out of control and from what I've been hearing from camp, there's plenty to improve on.

I'm just happy to not hear the usual, "I think we did some good things. We're just trying to stack good days." from Garrett.

So basically JG is saying it’s a process and he needs another 8 years....

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Any coach who claps and butt slaps 99% of the time but is demanding just 1% of the time is a coach who rewards the underachiever! :thumbdown:

Last edited:

EST_1986

Reaction score
All those that are bashing Garrett are the same ones that told me training camp/practice doesnt matter
Who in their right mind said training camp and practice done matter? Garrett is an awful coach but the time practicing still matters