Signed by Cowboys Cowboys are elevating DE Carl Lawson and CB CB Amani Oruwariye

erod

Reaction score
People on here were saying we didn't need to resign Gilly.. how's that working out for you now?
Wouldn't have made an ounce of difference. It's the run defense that is the problem.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
You don't sign a back up/hope they don't play CB for 10 mil a year, which is what Gilly would be here and what he got in Minn. My guess is they did offer to bring him back but as a back up CB with back up CB pay and Gilly wanted to start. Yea if we had a crystal ball and knew bland would be out for several weeks, it might have changed the thought process. But you don't sit Bland or Lewis and pay Gilly 10 mil a year.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wouldn't have made an ounce of difference. It's the run defense that is the problem.
Our pass defense hasn't looked good either, but the past two weeks there was no reason to throw much. When they've needed to throw, we've been smoked. See Saints.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Too late trying to sign players...Jerry should have use the free agency but instead he knows it all and now look at the Cowboys
As the Jones boys say, player acquisition is a year long process.

But quality player acquisition is primarily the first few weeks of FA and the draft.

erod

Reaction score
Our pass defense hasn't looked good either, but the past two weeks there was no reason to throw much. When they've needed to throw, we've been smoked. See Saints.
Derek Carr couldn't have eaten a sandwich while throwing. The problem is up front.

They're missing Armstrong and Fowler a ton.

erod

Reaction score
The pass defense is no better, especially 21..
Carson is a good player that shouldn't be starting as a rookie. But that's not the issue. The front 7 is playing like garbage, and Micah is freelancing every play for stats.

Creeper

Reaction score
They should replace Carson with anyone who can tackle because the Giants are going to run on them all night. And if they can't stop the Giants running game they really are in for a world of hurt.

chagus

Reaction score
They should replace Carson with anyone who can tackle because the Giants are going to run on them all night. And if they can't stop the Giants running game they really are in for a world of hurt.
If?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Makes me wonder why Andrew Booth is on the team. He's been a healthy scratch the first three weeks. Carson's injury finally gives him a chance to play, but they call up Oruwariye instead.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I wanted them to resign Gilmore but was told they didn't need him.
True but he got $10 million from Minnesota for just one season. And at the time Bland was healthy so Gilmore probably didn't want to be a backup here.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
True but he got $10 million from Minnesota for just one season. And at the time Bland was healthy so Gilmore probably didn't want to be a backup here.
I wanted him in part because I don't believe you count on a player (Diggs) coming back from a year long lower leg injury. Diggs has been ok but we didn't know how he'd be and being safe is better than not. Carson has been better than expected but now he's hurt too. I am also not a big fan of lewis who seems to be playing ok.