Signed by Cowboys Cowboys are hiring Brian Schottenheimer

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, begs the question on exactly what the HC does.

Isn't involved in the defense.
By own admission, wasn't as involved with the offense as he should have been
Doesn't call the plays
Has OC and "helper" coaches come up with game plans

And it's basically the same thing MM hired his buddy McAdoo to do last year which amounted to nothing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not a bad move actually. I like it. Well done. Especially with Kellen's lack of experience. Why couldn't we do this with Garrett?
it a clear message to Moore, BS could easily be the Interim OC should the FO demote or release KM mid season.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Doesn't call the plays

Acting like you’re competent is a full-time job.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Admittedly, I am not super familiar with Schottenheimer's body of work, but the sentiment on Cowboys Twitter is that he is not the guy you want in a role focused on game planning--and especially--keeping up with league trends

blueblood70

Reaction score

Doesn't call the plays
ALL teams have these and have huge staffs like many corporations has many levels of employees all with specific tasks..

most of the league have walk around coaches no team has NO HC as if the narrative is MM does nothing. Far from the truth,,the ignorant takes on players and coaches continue ie begs to question, it does not even close many walk around HCs do what they do and make the most money , you think owners just have them do nothing and make 6mil..cluiesless fans think the internet is the all-knowing and all telling of information that goes on behind closed doors.

let me know when all NFL teams simply no longer NEED a HC because they do NOTHING as you say..so ignorant.oh please give it up genius only a handful of teams have coaches who also are the play callers not many most of the teams have walk around Hcs, its the norm.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Another Jerry hedge bet....

If the start to the season dictates that Moore needs to be the scapegoat, Brian can call plays.

Zordon

Reaction score
"pretty cool idea"

Did Stephen tell Breer to add that to his tweet? these types of hires have been happening around the league for a few years now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Admittedly, I am not super familiar with Schottenheimer's body of work, but the sentiment on Cowboys Twitter is that he is not the guy you want in a role focused on game planning--and especially--keeping up with league trends
well twitter is the go to lace for valid accurate information and should be taken seriously :lmao2::lmao::popcorn:

quickccc

Reaction score

Doesn't call the plays

That's what i keep asking about this HC, man.
I don't get what he does special that warrants 18 million per year and McCarthy being named HC here with the Cowboys.

i swear it feels so Barry Switzer like all over again.
It's like he is just asked to carry the title of Head Coach, and allow the assistants to really do the dirty work.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
ALL teams have these and have huge staffs like many corporations has many levels of employees all with specific tasks..

most of the league have walk around coaches no team has NO HC as if the narrative is MM does nothing. Far from the truth,,the ignorant takes on players and coaches continue ie begs to question, it does not even close many walk around HCs do what they do and make the most money , you think owners just have them do nothing and make 6mil..cluiesless fans think the internet is the all-knowing and all telling of information that goes on behind closed doors.

let me know when all NFL teams simply no longer NEED a HC because they do NOTHING as you say..so ignorant.oh please give it up genius only a handful of teams have coaches who also are the play callers not many most of the teams have walk around Hcs, its the norm.

As hard as that was to read, I think I get your point. However, McVay, Bellicheck, Payton, Reid--this list goes on. You can see the affect and imprint on a team that these coached have. I'm not sure I see the same with McCarthy and some of the things said about him in Green Bay only add fuel to the fire.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lololol. Sure
could be you know for sure it isnt?? i say the more other coaches are involved the less likely it is for the FO to ride out a coach all season when they have someone that can interim until the end of the season..makes sense to me.