RELEASED Cowboys Are Not Retaining Secondary Coach Kris Richard

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The Legion of Boom was not a Richard creation. That's not to say he wasn't part of developing it, but the talent was accumulated before Richard was the DC, and really peaked with the Super Bowl win, which also was before Richard was DC. He did have a strong defense for a year or two as DC, but that was built on the players he inherited.

As a DB coach in Seattle, Richard was blessed with elite DBs to coach with Earl Thomas, Cam Chancellor and Richard Sherman, a couple of who could potentially end up in the HOF. I'm not saying he is a bad coach, just that it's pretty easy to look good when you have that kind of talent to work with.

Stop rewriting history.

Ask Manning about Richard.

#LegionOfBoom

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Last year this guy was the chosen one. Now he's in the unemployment line. Shows you what fans know about coaches.

What makes you think Richard wanted to coach with MM and run the DBs again?

He wants a DC or HC job.

Word is he's headed to USC.

cern

Reaction score
He was a superior db coach with Sherman, chancellor, browner and Thomas. Not so much with our average d-backs.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
MM went scorched Earth and cleaned out the rubbish that was the old staff, with only a couple exceptions...more to come as well. Who will coach the tightends??

All the better to help change the country club atmosphere of the Dallas Cowboys to a work environment! McCarthy's getting off to a good start.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop rewriting history.

Ask Manning about Richard.

#LegionOfBoom
Can you actually cite what I wrote that was contrary to history? Wasn't much of the talent accumulated before he was DC? Did he not have elite DBs to work with as DB coach?

Lutonio

Reaction score
He was a superior db coach with Sherman, chancellor, browner and Thomas. Not so much with our average d-backs.

I've said in other threads that if he requires three hall of famers and another pro bowler for his secondary to work, then it's probably not him.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I've said in other threads that if he requires three hall of famers and another pro bowler for his secondary to work, then it's probably not him.

Its the opposite.

He's an elite coach.

Now he's gone.