RELEASED Cowboys Are Not Retaining Secondary Coach Kris Richard

jwitten82

Reaction score
Agree...mostly.

First....KRichard was not in charge of the D. He didn't have a staff. Marinelli was the DC.

People were warned about Marinelli for years. KR comes along and stabilizes the secondary and people want to blame him.

I can see why KR hit the escape hatch on Dallas. He's going to USC from what I've read.
Lol Dallas made no attempt to keep Richard. He had no choice, the guy is garbage

Kingofholland

Reaction score
What a difference a year makes. Last year this board was retain Richard at all costs and this year its I see why Seattle didn't want to retain him.

I think Richard is a good motivator, brings energy to the dbs, but his dbs don't seem to play the ball and defensive play calling was inconsistent. He'll land somewhere as a position coach, but needs more work as a defensive play caller.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I swore he would have made some defensive changes after the rams game considering his job was on the line the follwing year. Leaving marinelli and richard in place was a kiss of death. Defense was trash

Lol, that's why during the FA period and draft we would take care of the middle D, but just Hill is not taking care of the disease, if not firing some coaches after that game. Heck that game and the Colts games along should have had heads rolling after that season.

Oneiros

Reaction score
Any news of RB coach? Did I miss something?
I keep refreshing to see if there's been any updates and the latest article was over 2 days ago.

I would have thought we'd hear something one way or the other by now.

Guess not.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I didn’t SEE this coming . But Richard taught me to look the other way, so I never SEE anything.
So how did you end up intercepting this post? Must have been tipped and landed in your lap.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
What a difference a year makes. Last year this board was retain Richard at all costs and this year its I see why Seattle didn't want to retain him.

I think Richard is a good motivator, brings energy to the dbs, but his dbs don't seem to play the ball and defensive play calling was inconsistent. He'll land somewhere as a position coach, but needs more work as a defensive play caller.

yeah.

he clearly doesn’t know how to coach DBs. (Ever hear of the #Legion of Boom)

who wants to be yelled at all them time?

btw, ask PManning how well KR coaches defense.

#LegionOfBoom

we had an elite coach.

now we dont

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I swore he would have made some defensive changes after the rams game considering his job was on the line the follwing year. Leaving marinelli and richard in place was a kiss of death. Defense was trash

You got the Marinelli part right.

he loved BBDB. What did you expect?

#LegionOfBoom don’t play BBDB

fifaguy

Reaction score
Believe they are letting their long time strength coach go as well. Loving the shake up in staff.