Cowboys are not using the franchise tag

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
why not, get an endorsement from Jerry you'll think he's surely a top 5. Is Dorrance a top 5 DE, NO, but he's about to get paid!
When has Jerry endorsed Tyler B. as a top 5 center, and do you think really think Dorrance is about to get paid like a top 5 DE?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When has Jerry endorsed Tyler B. as a top 5 center, and do you think really think Dorrance is about to get paid like a top 5 DE?
You must don't pay attention too well to free agency over the years, this is the time where players get OVERPAID by teams, teams that have boat loads of cap space

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You must don't pay attention too well to free agency over the years, this is the time where players get OVERPAID by teams, teams that have boat loads of cap space
First, I noticed you didn't actually answer my question.

Second, do you really think every player that gets paid (or overpaid if you prefer) at this time of year gets a contract among the top 5 players at their position? If that's what you think, it's you who isn't paying attention.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
First, I noticed you didn't actually answer my question.

Second, do you really think that every player that gets paid, or even overpaid, at this time of year is getting a contract among the top 5 players at their position?
He hasn't I was just saying he never has anything bad to say about a player. If he were asked right now about Tyler B he would say along the lines of "we like what he's done for this team, he's been great for us, we have him in our plans!"

Now to the next part- When you're in the top of a position in free agency for that period you better believe you may cash in, it's a bidding war!

Examples to me would be Connor Williams, Cedric Wilson, Connor Mcgovern, would the Cowboys have paid them what these team paid them? Especially Cedric he got paid 7 million a year and barely got on the field

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
shouldn't of used it last 4 times.. Dak (2), Shultz and Pollard. Even going back to the Spencer debacles

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
WHAT????????? Make him a top 5 paid center?

Jebus
what I find most aggravating is that they reach this point with underperforming players and they have nobody in the queue to replace them. Horribly mismanaged roster year in and year out. The time to look for the replacement isn't AFTER you let your starter go. Vert da furk!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do they do?
That wasn't what you said - you said now they have to, as if they don't do it other times.

If now you're asking my opinion, sometimes I think they do well, sometimes I think they do poorly.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He hasn't I was just saying he never has anything bad to say about a player. If he were asked right now about Tyler B he would say along the lines of "we like what he's done for this team, he's been great for us, we have him in our plans!"

Now to the next part- When you're in the top of a position in free agency for that period you better believe you may cash in, it's a bidding war!

Examples to me would be Connor Williams, Cedric Wilson, Connor Mcgovern, would the Cowboys have paid them what these team paid them? Especially Cedric he got paid 7 million a year and barely got on the field
What GM or owner publicly issues statements saying their players suck? Why would they?

And yes, when you are a top player as a free agent teams will compete for your services, but you didn't limit your previous comments to that. You suggested Jerry would treat Tyler and Dorrance as if they were top 5 in the NFL at their positions.

Not a single one of those examples you mentioned were treated by Jerry, or any other team, as top 5 at their positions. And, BTW, those players actually disprove what you were saying about Jerry because Jerry wasn't willing to pay inflated prices for their services.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
That wasn't what you said - you said now they have to, as if they don't do it other times.

If now you're asking my opinion, sometimes I think they do well, sometimes I think they do poorly.
Stephen limits negotiations by being overly reliant on the Franchise Tag and draft picks (no negotiations required).

When they do have to deal with unrestricted free agent, they tend to lowball them.

They overpay their own free agents.

Stephen has proven to be dreadful at this.