Cowboys are now the only NFL team that has yet to sign a single player from another team in FA

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Maybe when he said all in he meant doing nothing at all. People make mistakes.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Waiting on the signing of Markus Bailey, LB , 1 year 1.1m on April 13th as our marquee guy.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Exactly! If we are tanking then just cut Dak, eat the money now but at least we have a terrible season and a high draft pick. Right now, we are literally going to be 9-8 +/- a few wins, for what????
I wonder if the cap hits effect when the Cowboys would cut or trade Dak if they want to go that route?

Sydla

Reaction score
The strategy yet again seems to be let the other 31 teams spend money early, snap up all the high end and many of the mid-tier FAs that could help us, and then we jump in with our low ball offers as teams have already used up much of their cap space.

We don't target FAs that we think can help fix a hole and go out and get them. We let the FAs come to us and hopefully one or two will actually fill a need.

It's worked like a charm for years. LOL.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am waiting for the usual suspects to say we are over reacting and that the Jones boys are a lot smarter than you are and that WE are the only ones that really count.
They are too busy laughing at all the other usual suspects having melt downs. :lmao:

John813

Reaction score
The strategy yet again seems to be let the other 31 teams spend money early, snap up all the high end and many of the mid-tier FAs that could help us, and then we jump in with our low ball offers as teams have already used up much of their cap space.

We don't target FAs that we think can help fix a hole and go out and get them. We let the FAs come to us and hopefully one or two will actually fill a need.

You remember the story of the tortoise and the Hare?

Check mate.

Slow and steady wins the race. Always.
12-5 x3 world champs.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Why am I suddenly terrified this is some Jerry Jones master plan to tank in 2024, spend our high draft pick on Shedeur Sanders, and bring in Deion to be head coach… just so he can ride the “Prime Time” media wave…?
lol i mean after 28 years that wouldnt suprise me much

jgboys1

Reaction score
I thought we signed a long snapper?

Didn't he come from another team?

deerhunter11

Reaction score

Same thing they do every year in the beginning of free agency, nothing .BUT we can hope that Jimmy Johnson can bring some positve ideas to this team.All we can do as fans is hope .

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I hear, “There's no capSpace”, I want to scream. They could have freed up at least $20 mil of cap space before this week by extending Diggs, Steele, and DLaw plus designating LVE as a June 1 cut…regardless of what they do with Dak. And there’s others too they could have done.

Let that sink in…they could have done several things without the Dak thing being extended. Un…believably lazy.