Twitter: Cowboys are on QB Russell Wilson's list

Rayman70

Reaction score
and letting Dak walk...

I wasn't kidding when I said it'd be the worst trade in NFL history lol.
we agree. Makes no dang sense in any level..to allow Dak to walk, thus getting zippo in return. Piss poor business model by JJ if he does that. He should be forced to live at a place for Mom or the villages. lol

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Straight swap. Those other teams can’t offer a young top 8 QB in the league for Wilson. With Dak, they can keep on competing. Every other team on the list, they’re starting over. Dak is more valuable than any picks those teams would give them.

Wilson is better. But he’s also older and unhappy. He has a no trade clause. The Saints, Raiders nor Bears can offer anything as good as Dak.

Trouble is that we're no closer to contending than Seattle is. If Dallas were to make a move like this for an older QB instead of keeping their younger one, then it would need to go all in on fixing its problems to contend now. Otherwise, Wilson just becomes another top-notch player who retires before the Cowboys make any playoff noise.

Wilson is playing at a high level, but he's also going into his 10th season. He might pull a Tom Brady and play for 20 years, but his skills might go south way before then.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Doubt it..

Winston lead the league in yards last year. It took an elite QB for them to actually make the post season and hold up a Lombardi.

Our 7,000 yard QB was a watermelon kick from 0-4 and has 1 whole wildcard win in 5 years.

Turns out the amount of yards you throw for means nothing.
An elite QB, an elite Offensive lineman, Antonio brown, rob gronkowski, a healthy vita vea, suh etc.. but yes you’re right. It was all Brady. You’re ridiculous

Rayman70

Reaction score
if Dalton and Dak walk, we are lookin at a Garrett Gilbert led team. lol...IF that happens, Jerry and company need to be excommunicated to the ARTIC. No excuse to allow that to happen.

Aven8

Reaction score
Curious we’re on his list because he knows he can make a ton of money off the field here, or he knows we have a ton of weapons and Moore will air it out? Maybe he’s enamored with Mike?

Carson

Reaction score
if Dalton and Dak walk, we are lookin at a Garrett Gilbert led team. lol...IF that happens, Jerry and company need to be excommunicated to the ARTIC. No excuse to allow that to happen.

0% that happens.

100% Dak is franchised at worst. He’s going no where and these trades are all media speculation. They need clicks two weeks before free agency begins.

Simply put, Dak for Russ is even keel. Russ may be a better overall player, but he would not have a Brady effect on this team immediately with no help. But when you start tossing in players and picks, it’s a major setback. We trade for an older again QB only to lose the resources needed to replenish our defense

Rayman70

Reaction score
0% that happens.

100% Dak is franchised at worst. He’s going no where and these trades are all media speculation. They need clicks two weeks before free agency begins.

Simply put, Dak for Russ is even keel. Russ may be a better overall player, but he would not have a Brady effect on this team immediately with no help. But when you start tossing in players and picks, it’s a major setback. We trade for an older again QB only to lose the resources needed to replenish our defense
agree especially with your last sentence. That is what I too, been telling people here. Russ doesn't play defense.

conner01

Reaction score
0% that happens.

I wouldn’t say zero chance but more like the odds of winning the lottery
Dak for Wilson won’t work to me. The fact Dak is not under contract makes it a hard trade to work out
They would won’t picks to boot which means it’s tough to build the defense
I’m all for signing Dak today myself
But I’d take Wilson over Dak in a straight up deal just because of the money. I agree Wilson/Dak either give you about the same team but Wilson keeps you relatively cheap for 3 years and you still have the ammo to fix defense
That deal won’t happen though because Dak isn’t under contract

Carson

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say zero chance but more like the odds of winning the lottery
Dak for Wilson won’t work to me. The fact Dak is not under contract makes it a hard trade to work out
They would won’t picks to boot which means it’s tough to build the defense
I’m all for signing Dak today myself
But I’d take Wilson over Dak in a straight up deal just because of the money. I agree Wilson/Dak either give you about the same team but Wilson keeps you relatively cheap for 3 years and you still have the ammo to fix defense

I’m with you in that.

When I look at Russell’s resume it’s hard to not want to get him for your team. He’s notorious for making average players better. We likely run away with the division last season with Russ ... no knock on Dak at all.

It’s just hard for me to back what the projected ammo it takes to get him and not believe it sets us back

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Russ's 100% talent vs the Rams really helped. Wilson 11/27, 174 yards, 2 td's, 1 int.

pick a side please. either it's a team game and even an elite QB sometimes can't overcome the team around him or the W\L record is the QB's alone.

are you saying that Russ isn't the superior QB?

McKDaddy

Reaction score

i would argue that the dead money hit & hoops Seattle would have to maneuver is the real reason it is unlikely.

besides, on the surface it appears to be a public communication between player and team. most likely option is that Seattle acknowledges they have failed to put an adequate Oline on the field and takes steps to appease their QB and help themselves win.

only way this goes further is if someone takes things real personal & this turns into a war of wills.