Twitter: Cowboys are preparing to be without Pollard on Sunday

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yea, I read that also but was not surprised. Their best D players are on the interior DL. I'm guessing Del Rio will try and pressure with blitzes which should create some opportunities for some nice passing plays. I notice Coop was saying this will be the first game of him, Lamb, and Gallup playing together this season. I didn't know that......
Think Cooper is finally fully healthy

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I disagree with your premise. Washington's best 2 players are their DTs. Chase Young hasn't really only looked good against some inferior players.

Heading into the season Young and Sweat were their two top defensive players. No one would argue with that. Neither have played great this season, especially Young but they’re capable of wrecking games. Both were hyped up a lot heading into this season as was Washington’s defense and it disappointed early. Both players still have great potential. Washington’s had players step up in their absence.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If you watched Hard Knocks this year you saw Zeke teaching Hardy to be patient when running the rock so that blocking assignments had time to develop and holes in the line had time to open up. It's just a split-second hesitation but it really works.

Hopefully if Hardy is needed, he's had time to pick up on some things that will help his natural skills. After the preseason, I really wasn't sure if we'd even keep him on the PS.

FaSho

Reaction score
We need to start a fund to get Hardy some lasik.

Cmac

Reaction score
Zeke’s “toughness“ is hurting the team any time he touches the ball in non-short yardage situations.
......don't forget the OL's "toughness" in the short yardage blocking category, and TEs that don't even know what blocking anywhere is.

John813

Reaction score
I assume they couldn't afford Darius Jackson and let him defend earth with the remaining Avengers?

(He's with Houston fwiw)

Last edited:
Reactions: JPM

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One carry makes a bug difference in average...plus Pollard isn't playing and Zeke is, so who are you rooting for?

Ranching---- this from podiatrist site on torn or ruptured plantar fascia----A ruptured plantar fascia can take several months to completely resolve. In a 2004 study involving 18 patients with a torn plantar fascia, all patients returned to activities within 4-26 weeks with an average of 9 weeks....i am sure few of these 18 patients were returning to rigorous NFL running back duties....either Cowboys purposely slow drip drip drip
bad news like Collins last year or reported injury not as severe?.....the reported injury and prognosis makes no sense?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you watched Hard Knocks this year you saw Zeke teaching Hardy to be patient when running the rock so that blocking assignments had time to develop and holes in the line had time to open up. It's just a split-second hesitation but it really works.

Joe---do you remember by any chance 2016 when Zeke played first game against Giants at home...we lost 20-19?....before Zeke learned that split second hesitation waiting for blockers he just blasted to whatever

lane assigned....he spoke on that very thing half way through 2016 season as i remember....it does make all the difference in the world

plasticman

Reaction score
In high school Micah played RB and DE.

As a senior Micah carried the ball 111 times for 1256 yards, an average of 11.3 yards a carry, and 27 TD's. He also had 10.5 sacks and an INT on defense.

...........Just saying..........

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I like Hardy . He probably sucks in pass protection though , that’s the number one reason backs stay on practice squads.

Praxit

Reaction score
...what happened to the RB, who was killing it during pre-season? Think he got hurt, but dude had some wheels. It wasnt Hardy.

CWR

Reaction score
Pollard averaged 2 yards a carry between the tackles....you can't see that?

Whatever, they compliment each other well and he has been the only spark in the run game as of late. It's a big hit not to have him.

khiladi

Reaction score
Will the Commanders even bring another man in the box?

Motorola

Reaction score
Two
Hopefully he can see good enough to find a hole if he has to play. Put some goggles on him and he can do his best Eric Dickerson or Chuck Muncie impression.
Two of best to tote the rock back in the day.