Signed by Cowboys Cowboys are re-signing DT Carlos Watkins

Mobinvans

Reaction score
BOOM!!!!!!

And just like that Stephen comes through baby!!!…the deal we all been waiting for!!!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The Cowboys lack of success last year had a lot to do with coaching and discipline. I think the front office believes keeping most of the band together, getting rid of some underperforming player contracts, adding talented youth in the draft and improved coaching we'll get them to where we want to go.

I don't mind this signing, but we still have a lot of work to do particularly along the oline, LB, and dline. I would also add WR and TE to the list of needs. The good news is where the Cowboys pick there's usually good value there at OG, LB, and DT. If they can add more interior oline help, and LB in free agency it should give them more flexibility entering the draft rather than reaching for an apparent need.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's always amazing to me seeing how content fans are when we bring back the same players that weren't good enough.

In January they want a housecleaning. In March they celebrate re-signings. Every. Damn. Year.

This guy is a bum who fits right in with the other bums along that line.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Over paying on FA only pays off if your 1 or 2 players away from seriously contending for a Super Bowl.

Does anyone think Boys are a few players away from contending this year?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
so our goal for next year is sign every possible rotational player we have had over the last 23 yards? Just thinking out loud that maybe Jerry should look for an every down guy kind of player also?

Plankton

Reaction score

igtcfI.gif

Jarntt

Reaction score
Were they both starters last year? Just asking. But that's why I said they could help. Because they could be no better then years past.
No, not together. Watkins I believe started most of the games including the playoff game. I think Bohanna only started a couple of games where a few guys were out. But, starting on this team isn't all that meaningful or memorable because they rotate their DL so much. Bohanna could of course improve in year 2. Personally I'd like to see him gain back some of that weight that he lost. Watkins is what he is. Good depth on a good team. If he is starting again, unless it's with a real stud next to him, it's not a great sign...

Jarntt

Reaction score
It's always amazing to me seeing how content fans are when we bring back the same players that weren't good enough.

In January they want a housecleaning. In March they celebrate re-signings. Every. Damn. Year.

This guy is a bum who fits right in with the other bums along that line.
On your general comment I totally agree. How this team thinks they can be mediocre every year and then just keep signing the same guys and expect to be more than mediocre is asinine and a recipe for failure

On Watkins specifically, I guess what you have to differentiate, is what his role will be. He was a starter for us last year and he isn't good enough to be starting on a good team. But, as a backup and rotation guy I see no problem and I think/hope that is the plan. So if he goes from our starter to our backup it looks good on paper. I didn't see the numbers yet so I withhold judgment on the signing, but as long as it is a cheap deal again, I'll be glad because I expect it means this is the year that Trystan Hill is finally cut. He is an emergency call up from the practice squad level talent at best. I'm assuming we draft a DT this year and hopefully one of the two from Georgia.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Like the signing. There have been some really good moves this offseason. Problem is there haven't been enough. Still think they Need to sign Wagner and kick Micah down to end as that upgrades two major positions but otherwise, I don't care about splash. I just want to go into the draft with a respectable team assembled.
Micah at end full time is a terrible idea unless you plan on not signing him after his 5th year option. He would be ground into dust by year 5 as a full time DE. On top of that why draft a 4.3 guy if all you are going to do is use him as a DE.