Cowboys are starting to show their hand

Cowboyny

Reaction score
With 30 day visits leaks starting to come out and attendance at pro days around the country, the Cowboys are making it know which positions that they would like to address via the draft:

WR-Burks, Olave-both are 1st rd receivers. (30 day)
TE-Otton, Woods, Wydermyer (30 day) Moore at Iowa State (Kolar), Krull was being workout out.
G-Green (30 day)
DL-Leal (30 day) Quinn worked out Sam Williams, Ebiketie. Our DL Coach went to Uconn to work out Travis Jones.

VACowboy

Reaction score
WR-Burks, Olave-both are 1st rd receivers. (30 day)
TE-Otton, Woods, Wydermyer (30 day) Moore at Iowa State (Kolar), Krull was being workout out.
G-Green (30 day)
DL-Leal (30 day) Quinn worked out Sam Williams, Ebiketie. Our DL Coach went to Uconn to work out Travis Jones.
Woods, Green, Williams, Jones. I'm happy.

MrPhil

Reaction score
Based on Dane Brugler's most recent rankings, there are several OL, DL and WR that would be worth pick #24 (ish). Only one DB listed in that area of the 1st round and since the QBs will likely go higher than their rankings, a LB or two could be in play as well.

All in all, I think need and BPA could be shaping up nicely for Dallas.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think we’re definitely telegraphing that we’ll be going OG or DE/Edge at #24.

We simply don’t have numbers at LG outside of McGovern which I don’t think the team is confident in. I can’t name a feasible backup on the roster in the interior of the line. The team has not attempted to address it through FA either. The tea leaves are clear as day right now.

We could squeeze our eyes and say “we’re ok” at DE, but I think the Cowboys will be looking to add some juice at that spot if the right player is available.

We need help at WR too, but I think the draft is deepest at that position so we’re more likely to sit back and address it in the 2nd/3rd round. At least that’s what I’d do.

As an aside, I see shades of Justin Jefferson with Olave.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Same…I’ll be incredibly disappointed.

OL/DE all the way for me unless a stud falls at another position. Also think it’s a great year to trade down if we can and add a 3rd.
I like Burks as you know, but want a trenches pick at 24. The good thing is both the Chiefs and the Packers now have huge needs at the WR position.

J-man

Reaction score
Same…I’ll be incredibly disappointed.

OL/DE all the way for me unless a stud falls at another position. Also think it’s a great year to trade down if we can and add a 3rd.

I'd consider moving a spot or two but I think I'm staying at 24 and taking the best O-lineman available.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We might have a fight on our hands between Quinn and Philbon. I think a pass rusher has moved up to the top of the list along with left guard and receiver. The reason I have receiver this high is I just can’t imagine the Jones passing on Burks if he there at 24.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We might have a fight on our hands between Quinn and Philbon. I think a pass rusher has moved up to the top of the list along with left guard and receiver. The reason I have receiver this high is I just can’t imagine the Jones passing on Burks if he there at 24.

Not unless someone really falls down the board at 24.

If a top LB, DE, WR or DT falls down the board to us that nobody expected would fall and that would also include someone like Stingley at DB OR they get wiped out at Oline picks....They are going to go Oline.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Not unless someone really falls down the board at 24.

If a top LB, DE, WR or DT falls down the board to us that nobody expected would fall and that would also include someone like Stingley at DB OR they get wiped out at Oline picks....They are going to go Oline.
I wish the Cowboys didn’t telegraph everything for once. The first round pick appears to be a left guard. Unless…..