Cowboys are the worst kind of disappointment

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Breaking point? I’m post big3 fan. This is all
I know from them. I should’ve know better after my inaugural season when I saw us lose to Jake Plummer in the wildcard. The break point was when I realize years later that maybe, just maybe, it really wasn’t an upset.

Loso86

Reaction score
Last season was the breaking point for me. Once Denver pummeled the Cowboys into submission, I knew deep down we were not good enough to advance in the playoffs. Just another Jason Garrett type of season.

Actually, there have been mostly two kinds of seasons ever since the last SB win in 1996. We start slow and end somewhere in the middle. Or we start off hot and fizzle out. Talent level doesn't seem to matter. Oh yes, every few years we bottom out and get a top ten pick.

Hate to say it, but I actually root for a 2-3 year stretch of 2 or 3 win seasons just to get the Cowboys Organization to get real about how bad their front office really is.

For a long time I was a hardcore believer in Kellen Moore and the Boise State way. But he has been ruined by Garrett, McCarthy and the Joneses. I can't do it anymore. And I see the same thing happening to Quinn if he stays long enough.

Nothing short of the Joneses selling the Cowboys is going to turn this around, I'm afraid.
You sure they are the worse kind lol......I can think of worse

TheCritic

Reaction score
You sure they are the worse kind lol......I can think of worse
Fair question. But I'm ready to cut the "above average" mold. Could care less about McCarthy getting fired. Let this be the season of the great purge. Cut as much dead weight as possible

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Disappointment is when reality doesn't match expectations. Thus I ask was it Dallas that disappointed you or your own expectations? Did anyone think that Dallas was a legit Super Bowl contender ? Really ? Did anyone think that Dallas was anything more than a playoff team that "Could " win a game in the playoffs if they played above their head ? If you did you weren't being realistic. I'm one of the glass half full view of things. Dallas for me was always a team that needed building. We were soft up the middle in the run game, Our fantastic CB was susceptible to the double move, Our TE couldn't block to save his life, Our kicker was unreliable at best, Our #1 WR disappeared in away games before last year.
Our Best pass rushers Randy and Tank, had trouble staying on the field whether by suspensions or injury. So we loss in they playoffs, our weakness was exploited. It was about what I expected. 12-5 was a pleasant surprise.

So now where am I ? Disappointed ? Nope. I am lookin forward to further improvements. I want to see The OLine get reinforcements via the draft. I'm looking for the line to get better up the middle again via draft. I'm looking for Cee Dee
to step up. Ect ect ect. Reality looking at things realistically means I will almost never be disappointed

shabazz

Reaction score
Last season was the breaking point for me. Once Denver pummeled the Cowboys into submission, I knew deep down we were not good enough to advance in the playoffs. Just another Jason Garrett type of season.

Actually, there have been mostly two kinds of seasons ever since the last SB win in 1996. We start slow and end somewhere in the middle. Or we start off hot and fizzle out. Talent level doesn't seem to matter. Oh yes, every few years we bottom out and get a top ten pick.

Hate to say it, but I actually root for a 2-3 year stretch of 2 or 3 win seasons just to get the Cowboys Organization to get real about how bad their front office really is.

For a long time I was a hardcore believer in Kellen Moore and the Boise State way. But he has been ruined by Garrett, McCarthy and the Joneses. I can't do it anymore. And I see the same thing happening to Quinn if he stays long enough.

Nothing short of the Joneses selling the Cowboys is going to turn this around, I'm afraid.

so what the “best” type of disappointment?…..taking a girl to Taco Bell and she doesn’t put out, but you later find out she’s a tranny?

shabazz

Reaction score
You DO have reading/comprehension issues don't you?

With the losing comes the Joneses and all their BS. Lions fans do not have to deal with that. They lose, their owner hides.

There is no fanbase in any sport that has to deal with what the Cowboys fans have to deal with.

that’s a good point but I think there was one week where Red-skin fans would have switched with us…..

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Denver has not been good to us, remember that stinker at there place several years ago and then the next week the darn gnats goes to the same building and beat them with Eli.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
After 26 years he's noticing a trend.
Risen don't cut into his wisdom with the bigger picture.
Stick with the small one.
We were not good enough after the Tamp Bay game.
There is no need to wake up to any reality with the Denver game, X Y and Z games later.....

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe Jerry saw what we all saw last year, he saw Quinn take a hands on approach with the players and it motivated them to play their ***** off.
Quinn, as a good coach does, learned from his past failures. I think he learned he needs to keep a connection with the players. I think he's ready for another shot at the big chair. Anybody including Jerry saw who was responsible for the success we had last year. I believe Jerry will fire MM early and we might be in good shape. There are many issues we need fixed, including maybe KM, but one step at a time.
I believe Jerry sees his days on this earth flying by and realizes he needs a different tact. FINALLY.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Jerry hosts enough huge events in the offseason, got his sponsorship, has all you could want except for a winning football team, which somewhere along the way became an afterthought to him. But that's still more invested than I can say Stephen (the future) is. Dark times, for sure.

plasticman

Reaction score

I agree it's a miserable feeling. This is especially true if we got to grow up watching the 70's Cowboys or the 90's Cowboys.

If you were able to experience actual Ciwboys championship seasons it gives you a point of reference. In other words, it illuminates the differences between now and then.

Those differences are stark, blunt, revealing and unmistakable proof just how inept, incompetent, and lost the Jones's are. The grim comedy is, they don't realize it, even after a quarter century of abject failure.

morat1959

Reaction score
I agree it's a miserable feeling. This is especially true if we got to grow up watching the 70's Cowboys or the 90's Cowboys.

If you were able to experience actual Ciwboys championship seasons it gives you a point of reference. In other words, it illuminates the differences between now and then.

Those differences are stark, blunt, revealing and unmistakable proof just how inept, incompetent, and lost the Jones's are. The grim comedy is, they don't realize it, even after a quarter century of abject failure.
Nailed it!

rambo2

Reaction score

For me last season was one of the most exciting seasons in years. Parsons, Diggs, Kearse, and Quinn completely turned the team around and made them an exciting 12 and 5 team. I'm excited about the draft and I think they can have a double digit win season again which puts them in the mix again.

75boyz

Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me of the ONE game I attended last year. :mad::(

Will try and remain respectful but just wow...to have witnessed just ONE in person and it was THAT ONE...?
Geez bro, sorry you had to endure that and as the OP so accurately described, to have witnessed IN PERSON the TRUE REALITY of last year's team.

Again, condolences and all.

Ugh