Cowboys are very deep at corner

fivetwos

Reaction score
Joseph played in the first and second quarter on defense, even on third and fourth down on that critical early Falcons drive where we stopped them on 4th down with Jourdan Lewis making PBU after PBU. Take a look. Cowboys were in dime coverage (not big dime) and Joseph was out there at CB4.
Yeah I gotta rewatch. Want to get a better look at how Steele did as well.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Micah Parsons was arguably the best player available in the entire draft, even ahead of Trevor Lawrence.
If there is another Parsons at our pick then I take him. I know what we need but when you have a player like that sitting there then you take it. You could trade him for anything you want just about..

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
If there is another Parsons at our pick then I take him. I know what we need but when you have a player like that sitting there then you take it. You could trade him for anything you want just about..
Imagine Parsons 1, Parsons 2 and Jabril Cox. We have both edge and LB covered for 15 years.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The Cowboys will be fine if they follow one simple rule:

1. Take the best player available in the draft.

Very true, drafting purely for immediate need often means you're reaching. Sure there's some prioritization for certain positions or times a trade down makes the most sense, but bpa is usually the best way to go.

When the Cowboys were on the clock this year, Parsons, Smith, Slater, and Fields were the best players available. DeVonta Smith wouldn't have made a ton of sense which is where the prioritization comes in and trading down is palatable. Then to come back and take the best defensive player even though you probably had a bigger needs at corner and dline is how teams should play the draft.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Is Diggs really a great CB1? Seems like Brown might be the more consistent player. You're right that we have depth, but we might not have any great CBs on the team. I think a deep, solid, but not elite, secondary is sufficient if the front-7 is very good.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Many were upset that they extended brown and lewis. Seems to be working out now.

rambo2

Reaction score
Keep in mind neither Brown nor Lewis are free agents any time soon, they have become very good CB2 and CB3. Diggs is a great CB1 and Joseph played meaningful snaps at CB4 in the dime yesterday, even when the game was close in the first half. In the second half, Joseph played like a boss and shut down his man.... a couple PBUs in a row... it was awesome to see.

Nahshon Wright - CB5 but back to back games with big plays on special teams. Obviously last week it went against us, but good hustle nonetheless. He's a great core special teamer with that freak height and speed. Hopefully we can get Mukuamu active and doing the same thing too soon. I believe Mukuamu is a similar athlete to Wright but also a big hitter and can deliver some punishment on ST and eventually play meaningful snaps at SS.

Cowboys don't need to draft a corner high next year.

What we'll need is another edge rusher, a LG/C to replace Williams or Biadasz, and a nose tackle. Maybe an inside linebacker for depth, but Cox will be back by training camp next year. We're pretty deep across the board if we keep our own best free agents (Gallup, Gregory, Kearse, Schultz, and choose between Hooker or Kazee).
Will the Cowboys still be one and done in the playoffs?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Uhhh them man has 8 INTs he is borderline god tier.

INTs don't tell the whole story. He has also given up a ton of yards. People were expecting QBs to stop throwing his way, but they've actually been throwing at him more. You want a shutdown corner to eliminate a side of the field. Diggs doesn't do that at all.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
I got offensive Tackle as our #1 priority every off-season going forward until we get one or someone emerges.

We’re going to be drafting 32nd so we just need to take the best player available.

Honestly i'm looking at DE, Steele has done great and might be future LT. DLAW might be Cap casualty next June and Gregory is Going to Go get his Money somewhere else. We have Basham on a 2 year deal so we need 1 or 2 DE/EDGE players next year. Safety is next on my list

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Scheme matters. Marinelli and Richard had them with their backs to the QB. Last year Quinn delivered an historic train wreck.
Byron Jones still has stones for hands in Miami. Sometimes it's about the players as well. I don't think Diggsy-poo gets zero INTs in a season no matter who is the head coach. But Marinelli might bench him for giving up a deep ball jumping a route. A golf game with Garrett/Romo/Witten might change him into being a bend-but-don't-break loser corner. Note how all 3 of those names combined for zero championship rings or even Super Bowl appearances. Losers.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Keep in mind neither Brown nor Lewis are free agents any time soon, they have become very good CB2 and CB3. Diggs is a great CB1 and Joseph played meaningful snaps at CB4 in the dime yesterday, even when the game was close in the first half. In the second half, Joseph played like a boss and shut down his man.... a couple PBUs in a row... it was awesome to see.

Nahshon Wright - CB5 but back to back games with big plays on special teams. Obviously last week it went against us, but good hustle nonetheless. He's a great core special teamer with that freak height and speed. Hopefully we can get Mukuamu active and doing the same thing too soon. I believe Mukuamu is a similar athlete to Wright but also a big hitter and can deliver some punishment on ST and eventually play meaningful snaps at SS.

Cowboys don't need to draft a corner high next year.

What we'll need is another edge rusher, a LG/C to replace Williams or Biadasz, and a nose tackle. Maybe an inside linebacker for depth, but Cox will be back by training camp next year. We're pretty deep across the board if we keep our own best free agents (Gallup, Gregory, Kearse, Schultz, and choose between Hooker or Kazee).

we were lucky to draft Biadasz. Rimington trophy winner.

Im afraid this team is going to be picked clean in the off-season.

we have too many UFAs.