CFZ Cowboys at bye looking good at 5th seed

Motorola

Reaction score
Cowboys moved up to 5th seed Sunday after NY lost to Seattle . We of course currently own tiebreaker due to head to head win.

1st seed Phil 7-0
2nd seed Min 6-1
3rd Seed Sea 5-3
4th seed Atl 4-4
5th seed Dal 6-2
6th seed NY 6-2
7th seed SF 4-4( better conf record than Wash)

As 5th seed we’d travel to Atlanta. I think Tampa only 1 game back can still take division which if that’s the case we start in Tampa. I see the West finishing with 3rd seed.

I see SF eventually over taking 3rd seed and West. There will be a battle for 6th and 7th seed with NY, LA, Sea, Wash and maybe Atl or GB.

Cowboys at 5th seed is not a bad place to be as it appears against the odds to over take Phil with their much easier second half schedule . In either case we will have the better record in most scenarios and possibly favored or very slight underdogs on the road against a possible lesser divisional winner. Good situation for a W/C.

And if a Tampa, LA or GB slide in as a 7th seed they could potentially upset the #2 seed . Which means we’d have an easier Divisional round game not having to face #1 seed until Champ game .

A lot can change of course between now and the playoffs. But that’s how I see it now.
The best thing could happen in the 3-team NFC South and the 4-team NFC West race is that the division rivals win a game against one, while losing to another, plus get tripped up in an intraconference game. Two games this Sunday fall in those categories - Seahawks @ Cardinals and Rams @ Buccaneers. The losers of those games not only lose ground in their division standings, but also fall further behind the Cowboys and Giants in getting the 5th and 6th seed spots.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Oops...I don't watch highlights, sports related TV shows, or other NFL games. Had no idea Jimmy G was still starting for them.

Trey Lance was injured in September, an injury very similar to Dak's in 2020, and is out for the season.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Cowboys moved up to 5th seed Sunday after NY lost to Seattle . We of course currently own tiebreaker due to head to head win.

1st seed Phil 7-0
2nd seed Min 6-1
3rd Seed Sea 5-3
4th seed Atl 4-4
5th seed Dal 6-2
6th seed NY 6-2
7th seed SF 4-4( better conf record than Wash)

As 5th seed we’d travel to Atlanta. I think Tampa only 1 game back can still take division which if that’s the case we start in Tampa. I see the West finishing with 3rd seed.

I see SF eventually over taking 3rd seed and West. There will be a battle for 6th and 7th seed with NY, LA, Sea, Wash and maybe Atl or GB.

Cowboys at 5th seed is not a bad place to be as it appears against the odds to over take Phil with their much easier second half schedule . In either case we will have the better record in most scenarios and possibly favored or very slight underdogs on the road against a possible lesser divisional winner. Good situation for a W/C.

And if a Tampa, LA or GB slide in as a 7th seed they could potentially upset the #2 seed . Which means we’d have an easier Divisional round game not having to face #1 seed until Champ game .

A lot can change of course between now and the playoffs. But that’s how I see it now.

Good info. Knowing that the Bengals made it all the way through to the Superbowl as a WC team we have a good chance as any team to win it all this year.

Dakota

Reaction score
There is no way we don't win the division and end up with all home games and a first round bye. With Dak back this team is unstoppable. There is not a team in the NFL that can stop us now. Clear another spot in the trophy case.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There is no way we don't win the division and end up with all home games and a first round bye. With Dak back this team is unstoppable. There is not a team in the NFL that can stop us now. Clear another spot in the trophy case.
Even if we win out which would include splitting games with Egirls we will still need help as they will need to lose possibly 2 additional games besides against us pending tiebreakers.

So, basically in order for Cowboys to win division we will need to go undefeated or run the table finishing 15-2 while hoping the Egirls lose at least 3 games finishing 14-3 or worse .

That seems like a tall order to predict based on what we’ve seen thus far .

fivetwos

Reaction score
Even if we win out which would include splitting games with Egirls we will still need help as they will need to lose possibly 2 additional games besides against us pending tiebreakers.

So, basically in order for Cowboys to win division we will need to go undefeated or run the table finishing 15-2 while hoping the Egirls lose at least 3 games finishing 14-3 or worse .

That seems like a tall order to predict based on what we’ve seen thus far .
It’s is, but realistically each team is going to lose a couple of games that you wouldn’t have thought they would. That’s not even close to uncommon in the NFL.

The Giants would like a word with each of us as well. Long way to go. Lots to happen.

Halloween feels like halfway for us old folks, but not really the case anymore.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s is, but realistically each team is going to lose a couple of games that you wouldn’t have thought they would. That’s not even close to uncommon in the NFL.

The Giants would like a word with each of us as well. Long way to go. Lots to happen.

Halloween feels like halfway for us old folks, but not really the case anymore.
I agree. Much can change .

But my bigger point countering a post which was predicting we’d win the division. Which isn’t totally in our control. We are going to need some help.

Not sure how we can predict at this point ?

And if we lose a couple more games Egirls will need to lose 4, maybe 5. That’s a tall order based on what we’ve seen thus far and schedules .

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
5th Seed my ***. We play them again. We need to keep up and beat them at home. This defense is Godzilla. No losing! Good Lord I can't wait until we play Green Bay.

Why is *** censored? It's not censored anywhere else. Not in the media at any level.
I am sure you meant donkey

leeblair

Reaction score
Absolutely!
If weak armed Cooper Rush can take the Cowboys to 4-1 against some of the top teams in the league, they should easily win out now that Dak is back in there. The Cowboys seriously should get home field throughout the playoffs and coast to a Super Bowl win.

dckid

Reaction score
Falcons 34
Cowboys 16
This run defense vs ATL would be tough. I would hope the coaching staff would take a deep breath and realize Atlanta cannot pass to beat Dallas.
Offense would need to put up 28 and just play their game. Good tune up game to play SF or Philly.
Cowboy teams of past would lose to ATL

fivetwos

Reaction score
I agree. Much can change .

But my bigger point countering a post which was predicting we’d win the division. Which isn’t totally in our control. We are going to need some help.

Not sure how we can predict at this point ?

And if we lose a couple more games Egirls will need to lose 4, maybe 5. That’s a tall order based on what we’ve seen thus far and schedules .
Yep, we will get the help. Just a matter of taking care of our own business IMO.

I don’t see how people look at Phillys schedule and see no potential losses, and they will have at least one if not more losses that don’t seem that way on paper as of now.

I usually error on the side of pessimism. A quarter century of this crap will do that to a person…..but I just feel like we are better overall than Philly. If we don’t beat them on 12/24, I agree we have no shot at the division, but if we do they won’t be running the table otherwise. It’s seven games, there’s 10 left.

Things change on a dime. Remember when our season was over after game one?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
We play basically the same schedule as the Eagles rest of the way, but yet the eagles schedule is easy and ours is not?

I am sure after Eagles slaughter the Texans though on Thursday, all the Eagles lovers in here will be slobbering.
Maybe the Texans pull an upset.

Crazy stat on the Texans: in their last 17 games outside the division, they’re 1-16. Can’t play Jacksonville and the Colts every week. This is one of those alltime bad teams.

Cowboys schedule is easy too, but there are a few circumstantial things. Tennessee travels to Philadelphia, while Dallas has to go to Tennessee. Green Bay travels to Philadelphia, while Dallas has to go to Green Bay. Philly gets to play Dallas one more time, while Dallas has to play Philadelphia again :thumbup:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Absolutely!
If weak armed Cooper Rush can take the Cowboys to 4-1 against some of the top teams in the league, they should easily win out now that Dak is back in there. The Cowboys seriously should get home field throughout the playoffs and coast to a Super Bowl win.
I’m not sure we can argue Tampa, LA and Cincy are top teams this year. None have winning records and two are below .500.

We’ll see how they finish out but all of those wins may turn out to be against non playoff teams . NY looks like best win.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Crazy stat on the Texans: in their last 17 games outside the division, they’re 1-16. Can’t play Jacksonville and the Colts every week. This is one of those alltime bad teams.

Cowboys schedule is easy too, but there are a few circumstantial things. Tennessee travels to Philadelphia, while Dallas has to go to Tennessee. Green Bay travels to Philadelphia, while Dallas has to go to Green Bay. Philly gets to play Dallas one more time, while Dallas has to play Philadelphia again :thumbup:
Egirls also have to play Jints twice.

I only see Egirls as underdogs in two remaining games at NY possibly and probably at Dallas .

Dallas will definitely be underdogs at Minn and Tenn. it’s going to be close even at GB . Might be slight fav’s even with them down . And pending where the standings are by Xmas Eve could be dogs or pick ‘em against Egirls .

Based on what we’ve seen thus far I can’t see Egirls finishing worse than 6-4 in second half of season. Which would mean Cowboys would need to go 8-1 to avoid tiebreakers . Neither scenario appears to be very likely to me .

leeblair

Reaction score
I’m not sure we can argue Tampa, LA and Cincy are top teams this year. None have winning records and two are below .500.

We’ll see how they finish out but all of those wins may turn out to be against non playoff teams . NY looks like best win.
Any time you beat the previous year's Super Bowl Champion and their opponents, you are doing something. Even if they are struggling at the moment, they are still filled with players that know what it takes to achieve.
Besides, it sounds better. Lol