CFZ Cowboys at bye looking good at 5th seed

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Egirls also have to play Jints twice.

I only see Egirls as underdogs in two remaining games at NY possibly and probably at Dallas .

Dallas will definitely be underdogs at Minn and Tenn. it’s going to be close even at GB . Might be slight fav’s even with them down . And pending where the standings are by Xmas Eve could be dogs or pick ‘em against Egirls .

Based on what we’ve seen thus far I can’t see Egirls finishing worse than 6-4 in second half of season. Which would mean Cowboys would need to go 8-1 to avoid tiebreakers . Neither scenario appears to be very likely to me .

IMO, Tennessee is the best team remaining on our schedule, and the clear loss if we do drop one before Dallas round 2. Remember, Tennessee lost week 1 against NYG which turned out not to be the terrible loss everyone thought it was at the time, and they’re now 4-1 since.

The Giants have had a good season, but they’re something like the 8th worst 6-2 team in NFL history based on DVOA (Giants have scored 6 total points more than they’ve given up this season), and I believe Philadelphia is the worst possible matchup for them based on how we play.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Based on remaining schedules and how Phil and Dal have played this far o think a more likely scenario is Egirls winning 14 or 15 games locking up #1 seed. And Boys winning 12 or 13 games locking up 5th seed .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
IMO, Tennessee is the best team remaining on our schedule, and the clear loss if we do drop one before Dallas round 2. Remember, Tennessee lost week 1 against NYG which turned out not to be the terrible loss everyone thought it was at the time, and they’re now 4-1 since.

The Giants have had a good season, but they’re something like the 8th worst 6-2 team in NFL history based on DVOA, and I believe Philadelphia is the worst possible matchup for them based on how we play.
Sounds reasonable .

Based on remaining schedules and how Phil and Dal have played this far I think a more likely scenario is Egirls winning 14 or 15 games locking up #1 seed. And Boys winning 12 or 13 games locking up 5th seed .

Reid1boys

Reaction score
We could beat them at home and still not over take division. Their remaining schedule is easy peasy.

Egirls only non divisional game left against a winning record team is Tenn. And it’s at home.

Even if they lose to us and maybe NY once. I’m seeing 15-2, 14-3 or 13-4 at worse.

That means they’d have to finish 6-4. Just hard to see right now.
IM amazed that someone who has been around as long as you have is ready to just call it a season and hand the Eagles all those wins.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Any time you beat the previous year's Super Bowl Champion and their opponents, you are doing something. Even if they are struggling at the moment, they are still filled with players that know what it takes to achieve.
Besides, it sounds better. Lol
Yea but as the season progresses and if they aren’t playoff teams then it becomes more of a mute talking point. We shall see. But the win at NY is looking much better.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
IM amazed that someone who has been around as long as you have is ready to just call it a season and hand the Eagles all those wins.
You’re totally misconstruing my message here.

I’m making an observation . And what it would take for us to overcome. Playing devils advocate.

While presenting the 5th seed could be a nice consolation.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
They're gonna lose one or two that nobody expects them to lose. Happens to everybody in the SB era except the 1972 Dolphins. Even the 18-0 Patriots got bit in the butt in the SB against a team that on paper was inferior.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
They're gonna lose one or two that nobody expects them to lose. Happens to everybody in the SB era except the 1972 Dolphins. Even the 18-0 Patriots got bit in the butt in the SB against a team that on paper was inferior.
I remember 5 or so years ago we needed a win against the sorry Red..... amd tey were starting a backup QB and we were heavily favored, I think at home and we lost.

Werent we supposed to crush Denver last year? and we lost.

This is the NFL not NCAA . The Eages will probably still end up with 2 or 3 losses before this season is over. Let Hurts go down for four games like we lost Dak and lets see how they do.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why would we be more apt to give the Egirls more losses than wins .

Who thinks the Egirls will finish worse than 6-4 the rest of the season?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I remember 5 or so years ago we needed a win against the sorry Red..... amd tey were starting a backup QB and we were heavily favored, I think at home and we lost.

Werent we supposed to crush Denver last year? and we lost.

This is the NFL not NCAA . The Eages will probably still end up with 2 or 3 losses before this season is over. Let Hurts go down for four games like we lost Dak and lets see how they do.
I think that’s a good prediction. That’s about where I see the Egirls finishing is 15-2 or 14-3 barring anything unforeseen like injury to Hurts.

Cowboys would need to run the table in order to win the division . Who sees that happening based on what we’ve seen thus far?

And I’m here arguing that the 5th seed with other divisional winners being down might not be a bad position to be in.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
@Aerolithe_Lion

So, are Phil fans more excited about Eagles or Phillies?

Im not from Philly nor am a Phillies fan so I can’t say. But weirdly, we play Houston Thursday night in Football and Houston Thursday night in baseball at the same time. There are a lot of people on the Eagles board talking about which game they’ll watch more, but it’s pretty divided. On the one hand it’s a WS game, but the series isn’t tied nor is it a potential clinching game. Eagles may be playing a tomato can, but you’d be watching the best team in the NFL and potentially the most historic run in Eagles history.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Im not from Philly nor am a Phillies fan so I can’t say. But weirdly, we play Houston Thursday night in Football and Houston Thursday night in baseball at the same time. There are a lot of people on the Eagles board talking about which game they’ll watch more, but it’s pretty divided. On the one hand it’s a WS game, but the series isn’t tied nor is it a potential clinching game. Eagles may be playing a tomato can, but you’d be watching the best team in the NFL and potentially in Eagles history.
I’ve never understood with all of todays technology and access why those fans would have to choose. Watch both games at the same time on different TV’s and or devices.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I’ve never understood with all of todays technology and access why those fans would have to choose. Watch both games at the same time on different TV’s and or devices.

Maybe it’s more of a discussion of engagement than literal ability to watch. I’ve Had trouble doing alternate things while an eagles game is going on, even if it was something I was interested in completing

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe it’s more of a discussion of engagement than literal ability to watch. I’ve Had trouble doing alternate things while an eagles game is going on, even if it was something I was interested in completing
Shoot , I have 5 TV’s set up in my cave and when there’s enough games on even use my devices for more.

Haven’t these fans ever been to a sports bar and watched multiple games at the same time? Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yea, I think Egirls could lose 2 or 3 easy.

That means Cowboys would have to go undefeated to close out the season to over take the division. Who sees that happening based on what we’ve seen thus far.

I’d argue if Cowboys win 12 or 13 that we’ll be a very strong 5th seed and could be favored against a weak division winner at 4th seed.