News: Cowboys at Steelers Expert Picks: Cowboys Getting Payback For An Offseason Full Of Ridicule

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cowboys @ Steelers Expert Picks: Cowboys Getting Payback For An Offseason Full Of Ridicule
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...ing-payback-for-an-offseason-full-of-ridicule

...At the time, the Cowboys were projected for nine wins, and that total dropped to eight wins at the start of the season, capping an offseason full of ridicule.

• During free agency, the Cowboys brought in a handful of players most pundits had to look up on Wikipedia - and signed draft megabust Morris Claiborne to an extension.
  • Their two designated pass rushers, Demarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory were both suspended for the first four games. Gregory was subsequently suspended for an extra ten games and now looks to be facing another suspension, this time for a full year.
  • On the first day of the draft, instead of drafting Tony Romo's successor or a much-needed cornerback, the Cowboys drafted Elliott way "too high" and used "faulty logic" in adding Elliott to a running back room already crowded with Darren McFadden and Alfred Morris.
  • Later in the same draft, the Cowboys tried to trade for Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook but were foiled both times and eventually settled for Dak Prescott.
  • During training camp, in what felt like a comedy of errors, the Cowboys tried to get a backup quarterback (Josh McGown, Nick Foles), and eventually had to settle for Mark Sanchez, but only after he was cut by the Broncos during final cuts.
  • One Cowboys-centric blog felt the ESPN NFL power rankings had the Cowboys way overrated at #13 heading into the season and that Dak Prescott was worse than a third string QB.
So much for all of that. An offseason full of ridicule is exactly what many Cowboys fans had to suffer through this year, which makes the Cowboys' performance so far this year so much more satisfying for Cowboys fans...

Thomas82

Reaction score
Yes, this season has definitely been fun to watch, and the team has exceeded my expectations in the first half of the season.

Frozen700

Reaction score
I thought Prescott would show promise and talent in a few games.

Did not expect this from him, even though I was a fan.

CCBoy

Reaction score
There’s no reason to give Slim-Roethlisberger more than three seconds in the pocket due to the fact that we may not have a cornerback that can handle Antonio Brown for four quarters. I’m not sure if Scandrick has gotten his stamina up but he better be ready for a full dose of Brown because this guy is a top five wide receiver that runs precise routes and isn’t scared to go over the middle. Darius Hayward-Bey and Markus Wheaton will miss the game Sunday which should relieve some pressure from the Cowboys secondary.

http://cowboyszone.com/2016/11/cowboys-vs-steelers.html

This game well could penge upon mistakes and how well the Cowboys' defensive front and linebackers play.

CCBoy

Reaction score
That's what I get for skimming it over......
No foul, no loss...we are into sharing view...hoooah!:)

Scandrick, at 4.3, is as fast as the Steeler's top - five receiver, and Jones should be able to assist in boxing him in most of the time.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
The experts who picked the Steelers are reduced to admitting Dallas is the better team, but they 'have a feeling' that the Cowboys are due for a 'let down' and the 'Steelers will be tough at home'.

I still think this is a laugher with Dallas pulling away. Maybe a garbage time score or two for Pitt.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It all depends on how healthy Rapistburger is. If he's close to fully healthy, it should be a close game that could go either way. If he's still hobbled, Cowboys win with some (not a lot) comfort.

CCBoy

Reaction score
...(Marrinelli) He knows his now-nicknamed “Mighty Orphans” will have their hands full come Sunday

...But just maybe the Steelers will have their hands full, too. After all, this is the NFL’s 10th ranked defense (total yards) – and yes, that is not a typo – going up against the league’s 12th-ranked offense. This is the league’s sixth-ranked run defense against the 25th-ranked rush offense.

Somehow, with Lee and a bunch of guys trying to make names for themselves, the Cowboys are giving up just 17.5 points per game, tied for fourth best in the NFL. One week it’s David Irving. The next week it’s Maliek Collins. One week it’s Crawford. The next week it’s Barry Church. One week it’s Terrell McClain. The next it’s Justin Duran. Every week it’s Lee. Just can go on and on … Claiborne, Brandon Carr, Byron Jones, Jack Crawford, Anthony Hitchens, Justin Durant, J.J. Wilcox...

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...enjoy-these-happy-days-cowboys-defending-star

visionary

Reaction score
Garrett has so far done a good job keeping everyone level headed

The Cowboys have been a 'surprise' so far but are now the favorites

In the past Garrett teams have had difficulty "not eating the cheese"

Let's see how this team handles it

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
It all depends on how healthy Rapistburger is. If he's close to fully healthy, it should be a close game that could go either way. If he's still hobbled, Cowboys win with some (not a lot) comfort.

I have bad memories of a Gimpy RG3 and Rodgers having all day to throw against us. So far this year has broken recent trends. Hopefully that continues.

dfense

Reaction score
There’s no reason to give Slim-Roethlisberger more than three seconds in the pocket due to the fact that we may not have a cornerback that can handle Antonio Brown for four quarters. I’m not sure if Scandrick has gotten his stamina up but he better be ready for a full dose of Brown because this guy is a top five wide receiver that runs precise routes and isn’t scared to go over the middle. Darius Hayward-Bey and Markus Wheaton will miss the game Sunday which should relieve some pressure from the Cowboys secondary.

http://cowboyszone.com/2016/11/cowboys-vs-steelers.html

This game well could penge upon mistakes and how well the Cowboys' defensive front and linebackers play.
All I know is Ravens secondary got lit up by Eli, who hasn't looked all that great in any game this year. Then the Ravens just hogtied Ben a week later.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
They have Bleeding Green Nation as a Cowboys centric blog. Hard to argue as much as they're obsessed with Dallas.

CCBoy

Reaction score
All I know is Ravens secondary got lit up by Eli, who hasn't looked all that great in any game this year. Then the Ravens just hogtied Ben a week later.

Give Ben more than 3-5 seconds and their top receiver gets really tough. I think there is pressure for this game, by Dallas front.

JDSmith

Reaction score

True, but don't forget that the Ravens and Steelers are division rivals. And we all know that division rival games often break the mold.

Techsass

Reaction score
I was hearing Pouncey was injured, but he's listed as full participation in practice. So much for that gift. Would've helped making Ben hurry his throws. Losing 2 receivers has got to bite, though.

I still think we'll out score them. 8-1 has such a nice ring to it.