News: Cowboys at Steelers Expert Picks: Cowboys Getting Payback For An Offseason Full Of Ridicule

tyke1doe

Reaction score
All I know is Ravens secondary got lit up by Eli, who hasn't looked all that great in any game this year. Then the Ravens just hogtied Ben a week later.

Don't be deceived by divisional games. Teams generally play their division rivals tough regardless of their record. Remember, the year we went 1-15? Who did we beat? The Washington Commanders and that with a backup quarterback.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
It all depends on how healthy Rapistburger is. If he's close to fully healthy, it should be a close game that could go either way. If he's still hobbled, Cowboys win with some (not a lot) comfort.

I just don't buy the Steelers pass rush pressuring Dak. Our OL should give Dak all the time he needs to find his recievers. Everone talks about us missing Claiborne/Church. But we get back DIrving to help our pass rush. We will be at full strength on the DL. That should help our secondary. I still say Dallas 31 Steelers 13 or 21. Around that.

Carson

Reaction score
I love how a majority of the medias picks are, "Dallas is the better team! But Pittsburgh will find a way to win!!"

mahoneybill

Reaction score
No foul, no loss...we are into sharing view...hoooah!:)

Scandrick, at 4.3, is as fast as the Steeler's top - five receiver, and Jones should be able to assist in boxing him in most of the time.

Agree. Having Jones back there is a real difference maker vs prior years.... Let Brown get his yards, just keep him out of the end zone

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
Cowboys @ Steelers Expert Picks: Cowboys Getting Payback For An Offseason Full Of Ridicule
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016...ing-payback-for-an-offseason-full-of-ridicule

...At the time, the Cowboys were projected for nine wins, and that total dropped to eight wins at the start of the season, capping an offseason full of ridicule.

• During free agency, the Cowboys brought in a handful of players most pundits had to look up on Wikipedia - and signed draft megabust Morris Claiborne to an extension.
  • Their two designated pass rushers, Demarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory were both suspended for the first four games. Gregory was subsequently suspended for an extra ten games and now looks to be facing another suspension, this time for a full year.
  • On the first day of the draft, instead of drafting Tony Romo's successor or a much-needed cornerback, the Cowboys drafted Elliott way "too high" and used "faulty logic" in adding Elliott to a running back room already crowded with Darren McFadden and Alfred Morris.
  • Later in the same draft, the Cowboys tried to trade for Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook but were foiled both times and eventually settled for Dak Prescott.
  • During training camp, in what felt like a comedy of errors, the Cowboys tried to get a backup quarterback (Josh McGown, Nick Foles), and eventually had to settle for Mark Sanchez, but only after he was cut by the Broncos during final cuts.
  • One Cowboys-centric blog felt the ESPN NFL power rankings had the Cowboys way overrated at #13 heading into the season and that Dak Prescott was worse than a third string QB.
So much for all of that. An offseason full of ridicule is exactly what many Cowboys fans had to suffer through this year, which makes the Cowboys' performance so far this year so much more satisfying for Cowboys fans...

Thanks @CCBoy i enjoyed this read i hope the Boys continue to play with a chip on there shoulder !