Cowboys blueprint to beat the Eagles

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yeah, let's throw more and then blame Moore because we throw it 50 times. "Moore sucks, not the fans"

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
One thing to note is that Washington played that way because they are just limited offensively and as you said, got a few key turnovers. We don't have to, nor shouldn't, play conservative against them. That doesn't mean ignore the run or have Dak throw 58 times, but we can be more aggressive against a defense that has shown at times can be scored upon.

Totally agree. I think Washington played them perfectly for an under matched team but we don't have to be that conservative at all. But... I'd love to see that strategy on the opening drive. It would be great to start the game with an 8 minute drive and wearing out that older D quickly and then open things up.

GMO415

Reaction score
The blueprint is pretty simple.

Run the ball on offense and take what the defense gives you in the passing game.

Stop Hurts from running the ball on defense and contain their run game.
9 teams haven't done that yet.

fansince68

Reaction score
The blueprint is pretty simple.

Run the ball on offense and take what the defense gives you in the passing game.

Stop Hurts from running the ball on defense and contain their run game.
I love your plan but the RPO is tough for our defense. We must submit assets to stop the run, then Hurts "hurts" us with his arm. It becomes a guessing game against Hurts. Ball control by our offense gives us the opportunity to limit Hurts chances and we can then take advantage when we put him in a must throw situation.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Blueprint....lol. So tired of hearing that garbage.

Here, Ill give you the blueprint to beat the chiefs. Get all sorts of pressure on Mahomes, dont turn the ball over, and score 40 points.

simple enough, no?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think one needs to be more specific with the comment "stopping the run". If Sanders goes out there and has 20 carries for 100 yards, that's not necessarily a deal killer or an impediment to winning for the Cowboys.

But if you are letting Hurts run all over you with designed runs and scrambles, especially in critical spots like third and long, that's gonna cost you.

Make Hurts beat you throwing for 300 and 3 TDs. Don't let him run and scramble like crazy. I know Quinn wants to just bring the heat and pressure the QB, but that Eagles game might be one where you show a bit more restraint. Keep him in the pocket, don't roar off the edges just letting him move outside and scramble.

The defense was good enough to win but Cooper Rush threw 3 INTs...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think our best bet to beat Philly is to "accidently" hit Hurts squarely in the balls, thereby impeding his ability to run so fast . . .:huh:

Please and Thank You for considering this . . . ;)

Last edited:

Dakota

Reaction score
Every time I hear Hurts talk he says they have yet to play a complete game and/or haven't played up to their potential. We have once. Good teams still win when they don't play great games. Philthy lost 1 game they should have won and in some regard they made avoidable mistakes which cost them the game. I believe we can beat them, but I am certainly not over confident. We have lost games we should have won. Their schedule and ours are very similar. I do not fear them and I don't believe they fear us. The rematch will be won by the team that makes the fewest avoidable mistakes. You can make mistakes and beat a bad team. Both teams are too good beat if you make mistakes. Looking forward to the rematch.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Who watched the entire Washington-Philly game?

Eagles 2022

Only have 2 games with a negative turnover differential.
32 - 21 loss to Commanders (-2 turnover diff)
17 - 16 win over Colts (-1 turnover diff)

+2 or greater TO diff: All greater than 7 point wins.

Wins by 7 points or less: +1 or less TO diff
right flip switch and find way to WILL turnovers LOL are we going to ask them nicely to turn it over??

Heres a blueprint slow the run game to normal level, force them to pass more and run run run on offense and give them taste of their own medicine and shorten the game.. Kelln Moore needs to put up a postit note to RUN RN RUN and use that for few big plays down field off PA..but RUN the fracking ball!!! Washington is doig this and got themselves back in the race..

soem game sure do what you want against certain opponents but those that can expose your weakeness in defensive run game, you go after them the same way, we have 3 RBS/3 TES that can share a 45 hand off game.

Sydla

Reaction score
The defense was good enough to win but Cooper Rush threw 3 INTs...

You are proving my point. They largely contained Hurts, who only had like 30 yards rushing in that game. But if the Cowboys somehow find themselves chasing Hurts all over the field and he's racking up rushing yardage, it's going to be hard to beat them unless our offense is just on fire.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Eagles 2022

In English this tells me no way to beat them

fansince68

Reaction score
We need to use our own RPO to keep drives going and control the clock. 3 TE sets. You will not make a living running up the middle on these guys.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Hurts only had 27 rushing yards vs the Cowboys.

The Cowboys held the Eagles to their lowest passing yards this season.

The Cowboys lost because of the turnover differential.

Turnovers are always a key but if I remember correctly we just couldn't stop them from doing anything. We've got to be able to get off the field and at least make them question themselves.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Hurts keeps running the ball and taking some good licks. Colts stuck him pretty good a few times. Once in the ribs....guaranteed that left a mark.
Point is.....he keeps running like he does and somebody gonna get that one good lick on him. It’s inevitable at some point.
A nice extra cold day in January would be perfect time for that. Smash him every time , wether he hands it off or keeps it. Then do what Belichek did to the Bills in the Super Bowl and punish the receivers every time the ball is thrown to them.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As stated before, unlike many teams they have faced, our D has the personnel to match up well with their offense. We can get pressure with our front 4, our LBers are good, not great but good and we have a legit top 5 CB in Diggs. In other words, no defense is going shut down all their weapons but we have a D that matches up well with most. For example, Diggs can likely handle one of their top 5 WR but what about the other one? We can likely contain their top 10 TE and we have the speed limit Hurts impact rushing. I like our chances if we minimize the turnovers and mistakes.

leeblair

Reaction score

Eagles 2022

Crash the line of scrimmage and take away Hurts' space to make plays.
3/4 flex with multiple spies.
BE PHYSICAL!
Contain the pocket and delay blitz from the blind side.
Dare him to come to/over the line of scrimmage.
Single coverage on receivers concentrated to within 15 yards of scrimmage.

That's what I would do, anyway.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Turnovers are always a key but if I remember correctly we just couldn't stop them from doing anything. We've got to be able to get off the field and at least make them question themselves.
Rush didn't stay patient which was his key to winning previous games.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A nice extra cold day in January would be perfect time for that. Smash him every time , wether he hands it off or keeps it. Then do what Belichek did to the Bills in the Super Bowl and punish the receivers every time the ball is thrown to them.
If we do that, you know the refs are going to throw the flags for unnecessary roughness!!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You are proving my point. They largely contained Hurts, who only had like 30 yards rushing in that game. But if the Cowboys somehow find themselves chasing Hurts all over the field and he's racking up rushing yardage, it's going to be hard to beat them unless our offense is just on fire.

and is that different for any team? If Pollard and Zeke are rushing for 200 and Dak throws 350 plus 5 tds we will win.