Cowboys book reveals Jerry Jones is 'averse to starting over with a new coach'

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Again, you go ahead and consider yourself powerless and worthless. That's exactly what people currently in positions of power want you to feel.

Just don't expect me or anyone else to give up our voice and power to choose along with you.

The fact is that the fans make this whole industry go. And Jerry Jones and every rich owner are indebted to those fans.

Yes it's the fans that ultimately pay for everything however there are only a extremely tiny percent of fans that actually think anyone connected with a team or league actually listens or cares about them or what they have to say but none do. As I've said before the number of those chest thumpers who think the team or league listens to them as so tiny that they don't show up as a blimp on anyone's radar. You can continue to whine about this or that but you're only fooling yourself if you think any team or the league is listening or cares.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I'm controlling what I can control. My money. Jerry's not getting any of it. Not buying merchandise, not going to his games. Not supporting a disappointing product and a failed head coach. You and anyone else have the right to support mediocrity any way you see fit. Or you can continue to think that you don't matter. Your choice. Just don't preach that apathy to me.

And do you think Jones is say gee wiz stasheroo isn't buying merchandise or watching games and he's not a fan anymore ( but he still hangs out on a sight geared towards the Cowboys) so I must do something and I must change or is it more like he has no idea you exist and could care less. You're only fooling yourself if you think you're wielding any power. It's only power if wielding it causes some kind of reaction and there has been none nor will there be any from you not going to games or buying merchandise or stop being a fan of the Cowboys. That power you think you're using is only in your mind. I think you're confusing having the ability to choose things and having power.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes it's the fans that ultimately pay for everything however there are only a extremely tiny percent of fans that actually think anyone connected with a team or league actually listens or cares about them or what they have to say but none do. As I've said before the number of those chest thumpers who think the team or league listens to them as so tiny that they don't show up as a blimp on anyone's radar. You can continue to whine about this or that but you're only fooling yourself if you think any team or the league is listening or cares.
Don’t discount the power in numbers. We saw a great example last year when millions spoke out. We the people can always move the needle.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s basically 2 types of teams in NFL.

One looking for a great QB and the other building around one. With few exceptions.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Who said I thought they were listening to me? Tilting at windmills here.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And do you think Jones is say gee wiz stasheroo isn't buying merchandise or watching games and he's not a fan anymore ( but he still hangs out on a sight geared towards the Cowboys) so I must do something and I must change or is it more like he has no idea you exist and could care less. You're only fooling yourself if you think you're wielding any power. It's only power if wielding it causes some kind of reaction and there has been none nor will there be any from you not going to games or buying merchandise or stop being a fan of the Cowboys. That power you think you're using is only in your mind. I think you're confusing having the ability to choose things and having power.

Again, you go ahead and be powerless. Be a sheep, a lemming. Follow along and gladly take whatever you get willingly. Hand over your money and decision-making ability. They love people like you. It's your choice to do so. And it's my choice not to.

dont-be-a-sheeple-think-for-yourself.png

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Don’t discount the power in numbers. We saw a great example last year when millions spoke out. We the people can always move the needle.

Yes but the number of chest thumpers that think they're being heard compared to the total number of football fans is minuscule in comparison and only the chest thumpers think they're being heard but in reality they're not. There are a few fans here that are upset with the cowboys for whatever reason and have thumped their chest saying they don't care anymore or have stopped watching games or going to games or buying merchandise and compared to the total number of Cowboys fans world wide Jones isn't hearing or feeling any of their whining and doesn't even know they even exist.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Again, you go ahead and be powerless. Be a sheep, a lemming. Follow along and gladly take whatever you get willingly. Hand over your money and decision-making ability. They love people like you. It's your choice to do so. And it's my choice not to.

Again you've confused the ability decide to do or not to do something with having some kind of power. Everyone has that ability, it's not some kind of power, it's personal decisions, choice - not power! The use of power generates some kind of response to that use of power. If you CHOOSE not to watch any more games or not buy any more merchandise there will be response from the Cowboys or the NFL because all you're doing is making a personal decision and not wielding any power. Lastly, because someone doesn't agree with the reasons you used to made your personal decision not to watch games or buy merchandise does not make those people sheep. If it did then that would mean that you're the ultimate say so on anything Cowboys and then if everyone did as you said they really would be sheep following your directives.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes but the number of chest thumpers that think they're being heard compared to the total number of football fans is minuscule in comparison and only the chest thumpers think they're being heard but in reality they're not. There are a few fans here that are upset with the cowboys for whatever reason and have thumped their chest saying they don't care anymore or have stopped watching games or going to games or buying merchandise and compared to the total number of Cowboys fans world wide Jones isn't hearing or feeling any of their whining and doesn't even know they even exist.
Because the numbers haven’t been great enough. Back in the late 80’s it was. Attendance at games were around 40-50,000, many were blackout locally and the Cowboys were losing about a million dollars a month. Owner Bum Bright faced with personal bankruptcy was forced to sell the team.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Because the numbers haven’t been great enough. Back in the late 80’s it was. Attendance at games were around 40-50,000, many were blackout locally and the Cowboys were losing about a million dollars a month. Owner Bum Bright faced with personal bankruptcy was forced to sell the team.

First Bum Bright was going bankrupt because of the other 2 businesses he owned and the only way he was going to be able to file bankruptcy was to sell the Cowboys. He did and filed chapter 11. Second I don't remember the exact years but the Cowboys went on a streak of consecutive sold out games that at the time was the longest such streak in the NFL. I want to say it started in the mid 80's.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
No. He's told everyone numerous times that he's a risk taker and that it benefits the team so he must be a risk taker, right?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again you've confused the ability decide to do or not to do something with having some kind of power. Everyone has that ability, it's not some kind of power, it's personal decisions, choice - not power! The use of power generates some kind of response to that use of power. If you CHOOSE not to watch any more games or not buy any more merchandise there will be response from the Cowboys or the NFL because all you're doing is making a personal decision and not wielding any power. Lastly, because someone doesn't agree with the reasons you used to made your personal decision not to watch games or buy merchandise does not make those people sheep. If it did then that would mean that you're the ultimate say so on anything Cowboys and then if everyone did as you said they really would be sheep following your directives.

Yawn-gif-office.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
First Bum Bright was going bankrupt because of the other 2 businesses he owned and the only way he was going to be able to file bankruptcy was to sell the Cowboys. He did and filed chapter 11. Second I don't remember the exact years but the Cowboys went on a streak of consecutive sold out games that at the time was the longest such streak in the NFL. I want to say it started in the mid 80's.
Actually the streak begun in Dec 1990. And continues to this day with consecutive sellouts despite currently the worst era in Cowboys history since late 80’s and early expansion years.

Critics have suggested without the early success with Jimmy he wouldn’t have survived and probably been ran out of town and or had to sell out.

Since , fans have given him a pass for life whether directly or indirectly with continued financial support despite mediocre results by Cowboy standards and what many have described as embarrassing football operations.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Actually the streak begun in Dec 1990. And continues to this day with consecutive sellouts despite currently the worst era in Cowboys history since late 80’s and early expansion years.

Critics have suggested without the early success with Jimmy he wouldn’t have survived and probably been ran out of town and or had to sell out.

Since , fans have given him a pass for life whether directly or indirectly with continued financial support despite mediocre results by Cowboy standards and what many have described as embarrassing football operations.

I'll defer to your 90's for the start of the record because I honestly couldn't for sure remember when it started but your way way way way out in left field proclamation Jones with his billions of dollars would have been run out of town and have to sell - BY WHO? The league, not a chance. Don't say the tiny percentage of whiny fans that think they have some big power that in reality they don't. That's just a Jones hater talking and hoping it could be done but never would in real life.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'll defer to your 90's for the start of the record because I honestly couldn't for sure remember when it started but your way way way way out in left field proclamation Jones with his billions of dollars would have been run out of town and have to sell - BY WHO? The league, not a chance. Don't say the tiny percentage of whiny fans that think they have some big power that in reality they don't. That's just a Jones hater talking and hoping it could be done but never would in real life.
I’m talking about his early years when he was only worth a couple hundred million before he was a billionaire and the team was losing money when he took over.

I was arguing without the early success with Jimmy if the team had continued losing money without a good team it might have forced Jerry out.

Not now. Once the stadium was built . Game over. And why I turned in my tickets But those early years would have been the best opportunity to rid ourselves of him.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I’m talking about his early years when he was only worth a couple hundred million before he was a billionaire and the team was losing money when he took over.

I was arguing without the early success with Jimmy if the team had continued losing money without a good team it might have forced Jerry out.

Not now. Once the stadium was built . Game over. And why I turned in my tickets But those early years would have been the best opportunity to rid ourselves of him.

Jones was already a billionaire BEFORE he bought the Cowboys. He owned an oil company. If you check the headlines back then they said things like billionaire oilman Jerry Jones buys Cowboys. .Jones only paid 300 million for the Cowboys but that was not even close to what he was worth back then. Again who would have been the ones "forcing" Jones to sell? The league, AGAIN, not a chance, those tiny numbered chest thumping whiny fans, not a chance, so who was going to force Jones to sell? Just because you don't like Jones does by no means mean everybody dislikes Jones. Lastly, why is it that with the exception of a couple players who were problems in the locker room over the last 28 years why haven't there been just scores of players complaining about Jones as a bad owner?