Cowboys Bringing back kicker Hajrullahu for competition

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
1) Let's run through last season. What games did we definitively rely on the kick game?

2) Its a team sport, every game is different but in some games you need a dependable kicker. Ours was awful. I mean bad. I didn't say "every kick."

3) More TDs? We scored more TDs than every team in the NFL.

Not interested in a marathon debate over this. We relied on the kick game in the opener against Tampa. Zuerlein attempted five kicks and missed two. He was 2-2 against San Diego in week 2 which resulted in a three-point win. We relied on kicks in that game to win. Zuerlein attempted 4 kicks against New England. We won that game in OT. That was another game we relied on the kick game. In the 27-20 win over Washington Zuerlein was 4-4. We struggled scoring TDs against them. I’m certainly not going to go through every game the entire season. Regardless that we scored the most TDs in the NFL we were in position to score a lot more than we did but we settled for kicks. Amari Cooper talked about his frustrations with the Cowboys redzone offense last season having to settle for FGs. In the Cowboys last 18 redzone trips they only scored six TDs. The lack of TDs in the red zone was the problem.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/amari-cooper-frustrated-cowboys-offensive-struggles-hopes-more-targets

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not interested in a marathon debate over this. We relied on the kick game in the opener against Tampa. Zuerlein attempted five kicks and missed two. He was 2-2 against San Diego in week 2 which resulted in a three-point win. We relied on kicks in that game to win. Zuerlein attempted 4 kicks against New England. We won that game in OT. That was another game we relied on the kick game. In the 27-20 win over Washington Zuerlein was 4-4. We struggled scoring TDs against them. I’m certainly not going to go through every game the entire season. Regardless that we scored the most TDs in the NFL we were in position to score a lot more than we did but we settled for kicks. Amari Cooper talked about his frustrations with the Cowboys redzone offense last season having to settle for FGs. In the Cowboys last 18 redzone trips they only scored six TDs. The lack of TDs in the red zone was the problem.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/amari-cooper-frustrated-cowboys-offensive-struggles-hopes-more-targets
Our Oline's inability to consistently win at the line of scrimmage was the problem. Fix the Oline, everything else falls into place, including scoring more TDs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Our Oline's inability to consistently win at the line of scrimmage was the problem. Fix the Oline, everything else falls into place, including scoring more TDs.

Lack of execution and penalties.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why is that?

ANSWER: our Oline

We moved the ball fine until we get to the red zone. Like I said we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties and we didn’t target our best receiver enough.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
As long as he keeps his same number form lI'm good, my screen printer retired after I bought the jersey last year

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Aww, does the guy's southern accent bother you that much? Sheesh

And, no, bringing in Hajrullahu isn't because the Cowboys aren't sure about Garibay. Instead, it's to provide Garibay some veteran assistance/teaching advice while giving Garibay a break from having to kick every kick during training camp and preseason. Also, practice competition makes for a better overall experience and environment.

Like ****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE*** says, "Iron sharpens Iron. Steel sharpens steel." The Cowboys are doing the right thing.

But what sharpens lead?

Answer: A pencil sharpener

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aww, does the guy's southern accent bother you that much? Sheesh

And, no, bringing in Hajrullahu isn't because the Cowboys aren't sure about Garibay. Instead, it's to provide Garibay some veteran assistance/teaching advice while giving Garibay a break from having to kick every kick during training camp and preseason. Also, practice competition makes for a better overall experience and environment.

Like ****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE*** says, "Iron sharpens Iron. Steel sharpens steel." The Cowboys are doing the right thing.
All camps frequently have two or more PKs.