Twitter: Cowboys can begin Dak's contract now

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Better than your dumb suggestion that we sign Dalton.

I don't want Dalton.

I want to draft.

To me.. Dalton was just a fun experiment that proved to me that what many considered a horrible QB could come here and win at the same rate as Dak.. Not only did he do that.. He did it under horrible circumstances.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I don't want Dalton.

I want to draft.

To me.. Dalton was just a fun experiment that proved to me that what many considered a horrible QB could come here and win at the same rate as Dak.. Not only did he do that.. He did it under horrible circumstances.
Yeah that performance against the mediocre Giants defense was just amazing. Amazing, I tell you.

tm1119

Reaction score
It’s really not a difficult negotiation at this point. The Deshaun Watson contract is the outline, figure out the fine print and structure, but 4/156 is pretty much the deal like it or not

jwitten82

Reaction score
Do y'all think Dak will want a contract with 3 years? Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't the hold up between him and FO is because he wanted 4 years instead of the 5 Dallas offered, because the CBA expires in 4 years and he is able to renegotiate again?

Swagger

Reaction score
Don't forget who is negotiating.

They have not gave themselves any leverage at all.

The Zeke deal is how they operate.

Jimmy Johnson said that the Dallas Cowboys are a country club and Dak is very much apart of that country club so they will eventually cave to his country club price tag.
If they sign Prescott to a long term deal then that's what 3-4 years written off our chances so just put people out of their misery sooner rather than later. It's the hope that kills you really. Drafting a QB like a Justin Herbert or even Hurts in the second round last year would have been nice. Hungry guys on peanuts making plays giving you a 5 year window to build a team around them.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah that performance against the mediocre Giants defense was just amazing. Amazing, I tell you.

You're focusing on the effect and not the cause.

We adjusted in the 2nd half to what they were doing.

The man coverage with 2 high safeties with an OL that couldn't block was tough.

Why?

Because WR's weren't open.

Also...

He was under serious pressure.

So typical fan see's this and blames the QB.

Kellen adjusted in the 2nd half and started having WR's run hooks and come backs along with a heavy dose of Schultz because the Giants defenses dictated what we could do.

They were daring us to run it and every handoff to Zeke was a W for them.

Not to mention the defense just putting us down 7 right out of the gate.

With all of that we had a chance to win and Kellen Moore screws the game up 1st and goal along with a CeeDee Lamb drop in a clutch situation.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If they sign Prescott to a long term deal then that's what 3-4 years written off our chances so just put people out of their misery sooner rather than later. It's the hope that kills you really. Drafting a QB like a Justin Herbert or even Hurts in the second round last year would have been nice. Hungry guys on peanuts making plays giving you a 5 year window to build a team around them.

That's why I like Tua. I'd like to see if the Dolphins would be interested in dealing him for Dak in a sign in trade.

I find it funny that people are higher on Hurts right now than Tua.. That is hilarious to me.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Do y'all think Dak will want a contract with 3 years? Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't the hold up between him and FO is because he wanted 4 years instead of the 5 Dallas offered, because the CBA expires in 4 years and he is able to renegotiate again?

After snapping his ankle and the pandemic he would be a moron to not get a deal done.

Talk of the cap shrinking as well...

Losing the Cowboys would be worse for Dak than it would be for Dallas to lose Dak.

mardwin

Reaction score
Dak is likely going to get a one-year franchise. If he wants a long-term deal, he's going to get shafted on the amount.

And that's to be expected - he's coming off a season-ending injury. Throwing crazy money at him would be crazy.

I have no problem paying him $40M a year if he's a $40M a year player, but prove it on the field and deliver us a deep playoff run.

At what point in his career has Dak played as an MVP? $35M that's Russell Wilson Money, $40M+ Aaron Rodgers/Pat Mahomes. In 5 years he has 1 playoff win and no superbowl appearance.

mardwin

Reaction score
After snapping his ankle and the pandemic he would be a moron to not get a deal done.

Talk of the cap shrinking as well...

Losing the Cowboys would be worse for Dak than it would be for Dallas to lose Dak.

His marketability is tied to the star on his helmet. Brady won 6 rings and wasn't on every TV as frequent as Dak.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Let's get it done. C'mon Jerry, deliver the vault to Dak 40 - 45 million a year, just get it over with so that we can celebrate years of mediocrity.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
offer has been on the table for over a year. Dak just needs to sign it IMO.

Actually, you would think if they start where they left off last year ( Dak said he would have agreed but ran out of time ) it shouldn't be that hard now to get it done.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You're focusing on the effect and not the cause.

We adjusted in the 2nd half to what they were doing.

The man coverage with 2 high safeties with an OL that couldn't block was tough.

Why?

Because WR's weren't open.

Also...

He was under serious pressure.

So typical fan see's this and blames the QB.

Kellen adjusted in the 2nd half and started having WR's run hooks and come backs along with a heavy dose of Schultz because the Giants defenses dictated what we could do.

They were daring us to run it and every handoff to Zeke was a W for them.

Not to mention the defense just putting us down 7 right out of the gate.

With all of that we had a chance to win and Kellen Moore screws the game up 1st and goal along with a CeeDee Lamb drop in a clutch situation.
Ummm. Dalton was airmailing passes all over the place while he had time. Stop making excuses. The guy crapped his pants in a big game like he has his entire career.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Actually, you would think if they start where they left off last year ( Dak said he would have agreed but ran out of time ) it shouldn't be that hard now to get it done.

If he was telling the truth and if his injury is not a concern. But I have my doubts on both of those issues so I guess we'll see.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ummm. Dalton was airmailing passes all over the place while he had time. Stop making excuses. The guy crapped his pants in a big game like he has his entire career.

He threw a few bad passes yes.

He did not crap his pants at all. He had a gutsy performance and was surrounded by chaos..

He was battling in the 2nd half. Running for first downs and moving the ball.

If anyone crapped their pants yesterday it was our defense to open the game and CeeDee LAmb in the clutch.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak is likely going to get a one-year franchise. If he wants a long-term deal, he's going to get shafted on the amount.

And that's to be expected - he's coming off a season-ending injury. Throwing crazy money at him would be crazy.

I have no problem paying him $40M a year if he's a $40M a year player, but prove it on the field and deliver us a deep playoff run.
Proving you are a 40 million dollar a year player isn't about playoff run.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Lol!!! With this defense, even Dan Marino can't win a SB.....oh, wait......

phildadon86

Reaction score

He did not crap his pants at all. He had a gutsy performance and was surrounded by chaos..

If anyone crapped their pants yesterday it was our defense to open the game and CeeDee LAmb in the clutch.
LOL. Wow. I can literally post video evidence of how wrong you are. There was one throw to the sideline that ended up in the broadcast booth. Get off your high horse and admit he sucked. He wasnt surrounded by chaos. The line gave him time. You are making excuses that if I made for Dak youd be calling me out for. Be objective.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Take Dalton, roll him up and stick him somewhere!!!