Twitter: Cowboys can begin Dak's contract now

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
I don't see how that can help, to be honest. Dak isn't a great passer. He's just OK. He needs to be able to use his legs and break the pocket to be effective. You take that mobility away from him and he's probably done in the NFL.

Well then I hope he doesn’t have a really, really bad injury to his ankle.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
And when it happened with Dak many said that it was mostly his fault for holding the ball too long. As the sacks that he took where either blamed on him or he was always expected to overcome a poor offensive line performance.
and yet they dog a backup making 3mil vs Dak who made 32 for 4 games and wants elite money, theres your difference

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Take the personal out of it. Look at the game numbers, look at the pressures and our 3rd down situations. That tells you all you need to know about why we lost. Yesterdays game was not about the QB. Almost any QB loses that game yesterday because our OL didn't play well. AYPP was 3.8. That's not going to get it done IMO.

I wish this board had more ABQs.

I gotta stop trying to talk sense to people who will never get it.. The ESPN highlight generation has screwed them up.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I vote draft..

Draft the best QB available who can improvise.. Thats where the league is headed.

Zach Wilson fits that. He’ll probably be the 2nd guy taken though.

No one cares what you think about QB's. You were the guy that thought Beatherd and Kaaya were better than Ma
Lolllll I love it.

My argument all along is about getting better team results and you guys want to pay Dak while also crying about the team around him.

Don’t worry.. Jerry will do it your way.

Good TEAM results require a good TEAM genius. Duh!!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m looking forward to more threads like this. All off season long.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No one cares what you think about QB's. You were the guy that thought Beatherd and Kaaya were better than Ma

Good TEAM results require a good TEAM genius. Duh!!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

No I thought their game translated better to the Pro’s because they played in pro systems..

Pro systems have been thrown out the window in a lot of cases and college football is taking over the NFL..

We got midget QBs having success and guy who can’t scan the field winning league MVP.

Never an easier time to transition from college to the Pros.. Especially if you can run.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I wish this board had more ABQs.

I gotta stop trying to talk sense to people who will never get it.. The ESPN highlight generation has screwed them up.

You want more dumb posters with bad analysis so you feel better? LOL

Is this you admitting that no one ever agrees with you? You are so hung up on the QB position yet your hero Dalton couldnt even beat Jones having a horrible game. And the Giants kept giving the ball away on top of it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
So do tell me.. What did those stats bring in terms of the result for the team?

Not your fantasy football team.. Real football please.
You care about winning right? And playoff success right? Let’s compare. Dalton vs Dak in the playoffs. Go ahead. I’ll wait.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No I thought their game translated better to the Pro’s because they played in pro systems..

Pro systems have been thrown out the window in a lot of cases and college football is taking over the NFL..

We got midget QBs having success and guy who can’t scan the field winning league MVP.

Never an easier time to transition from college to the Pros.. Especially if you can run.

Ok well you were dead wrong. Admit and move on.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You want more dumb posters with bad analysis so you feel better? LOL

Is this you admitting that no one ever agrees with you? You are so hung up on the QB position yet your hero Dalton couldnt even beat Jones having a horrible game. And the Giants kept giving the ball away on top of it.

Im hung up on paying the QB that doesn’t make any difference in games.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I vote draft..

Draft the best QB available who can improvise.. Thats where the league is headed.

Zach Wilson fits that. He’ll probably be the 2nd guy taken though.

I love Wilson but I don't think we will have a shot at him at 10. I might trade down a little bit and see if I can get Darrisaw or maybe Trey Lance. I mean, I've said it a few times, if you like Dak, you should really love Lance. He's bigger, I think faster, better throwing Dak and he's younger with 5 years of cap relief.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
You care about winning right? And playoff success right? Let’s compare. Dalton vs Dak in the playoffs. Go ahead. I’ll wait.

LOL.
Tebow won one single playoff game too.
So that’s where we’re at. One game makes a QB “elite”.
LOL

bandfan

Reaction score
Some might say he proved his worth by his absence. I'm not sure I would disagree...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Dak has 1 playoff win in a wildcard game.

Dalton has none in several appearances.

Not really seeing a 30 million dollar difference either way and I’d rather spend the money elsewhere.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Media n fans will be talking about Dak's contract this time next year too. No news here.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak has 1 playoff win in a wildcard game.

Dalton has none in several appearances.

Not really seeing a 30 million dollar difference either way and I’d rather spend the money elsewhere.
Lets compare the stats. Not the wins.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry gives Dak a massive multi year deal after that injury, he’s the dumbest GM in the history of sports. Dak will play on the franchise tag again. FACT
Booger has placed his faith in medical opinions many times, this won't be any different. If Prescott gets the go, that won't have any bearing on the negotiations and if the Joneses are smart that never gets brought up. What happened is exactly why players don't like the tag and I expect them to fight it next time.

I think this deal gets done pronto pronto and I think they've already agreed in principle to the terms of the contract. They want Prescott to be part of the Dallas Cowboys for a long time.