Twitter: Cowboys can begin Dak's contract now

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Dak has 1 playoff win in a wildcard game.

Dalton has none in several appearances.

Not really seeing a 30 million dollar difference either way and I’d rather spend the money elsewhere.

Jake Plummer beat DAL in the playoffs once, and then moved on and won numerous games for DEN.
I don’t recall him getting “mega” deals and huge money either.

phildadon86

Reaction score
LOL.
Tebow won one single playoff game too.
So that’s where we’re at. One game makes a QB “elite”.
LOL
No. Putting up incredible numbers and your teammates loving to play for you makes you Elite. Look at Wentz. His team hates him lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree with that, but...

Dak does all of this as well and seems to get every excuse in the book, which to me is just mind boggling. There were games early this season where Dak got lucky with multiple dropped ints, but everyone just seems to wave that off. He also takes bad sacks when he held the ball too long, he sails passes over receivers, throws in the dirt at the their feet, or throws behind them. But for some reason, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread around here.

Right..........so Dak does some things like all other QB's do. But at the end of the game he has 450 yards and 3 TD's and no picks and is leading the #1 offense in the NFL.

Doesnt take a genius to see how good the guy is. Are you blaming Dak because the defense cant hold people under 30 points per game? Because that would be silly wouldnt it?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jake Plummer beat DAL in the playoffs once, and then moved on and won numerous games for DEN.

Are you saying that plummer is better than Dak? If not then there is your answer.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Yes. Let’s compare contracts from 20 years ago to use as a comparison. And let’s do it for a QB who wasn’t nearly as good as Dak is.

Praxit

Reaction score
..they might wait and see how he recovers. Nonetheless, its a complicated situation.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Im hung up on paying the QB that doesn’t make any difference in games.

So when the Cowboys went 13-3 with an average defense is that making a difference? Because its not. Dak is much better now than he was his rookie year yet the team is worse.

I know thats too much for you to understand, but I thought I would give it a shot anyway.

phildadon86

Reaction score
So we are comparing QB contracts to guys from 20 years ago?

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
No. Putting up incredible numbers and your teammates loving to play for you makes you Elite. Look at Wentz. His team hates him lol

“Incredible numbers” and “dat boys” makes you “elite”
DeficientMarriedAndeancondor-size_restricted.gif

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So when the Cowboys went 13-3 with an average defense is that making a difference? Because its not. Dak is much better now than he was his rookie year yet the team is worse.

I know thats too much for you to understand, but I thought I would give it a shot anyway.

We were good because of Zeke and the OL..

The more we ask Dak to do the more average the results get.

He’s not a difference maker.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah we are. When you could actually hit a QB.
Go get “dat boys” if you need to feels “elite”
LOL.
Lets compare house prices from 20 years ago to prices now. Youre screen name of Shane Falco is ironic considering he won 1 major game in his life too.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
No I thought their game translated better to the Pro’s because they played in pro systems..

Pro systems have been thrown out the window in a lot of cases and college football is taking over the NFL..

We got midget QBs having success and guy who can’t scan the field winning league MVP.

Never an easier time to transition from college to the Pros.. Especially if you can run.

Good point....actually the high schools started the RPO offenses which then bled into the top collegiate level teams and now it is becoming popular at the pro level. You need a QB that can run away from those big uglies and make plays. The rule changes in the NFL have accepted these offenses, so you have to take advantage of them. Big plays are needed in today's NFL, can't keep relying on 12 play 75 yard drives.

phildadon86

Reaction score

The same guy that outplayed Russell Wilson in the playoffs isnt a difference maker. But Russell Wilson is? Weird how that logic works.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Yet Dak won rookie of the year over Zeke.

The team has gotten worse as Dak has gotten better. Lets use Zeke as an example as a player that has gotten worse. And that vaunted Oline you spoke of, is that better or worse?

Defense, better or worse?

You claim to be a "team around the QB guy" but you suck at team analysis as much as you do at QB analysis.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Lets compare house prices from 20 years ago to prices now. Youre screen name of Shane Falco is ironic considering he won 1 major game in his life too.

Exactly! That’s how I know “Stats” is not “elite”.
I wasn’t. I’m just being honest. Yes, “stats“ could win the strike season JAG defense.