Cowboys can make big moves if they want

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Here's one of the lesser known front office assistants already getting a jump start on the off season moves.

iu

HotDog37

Reaction score
Biggest move would be Jones to hire a dam good proven HC and allow that coach much more leeway than was given to JG. Also hire a CO-GM. I have a feeling there is a backstory that we don't know yet with the whole JG saga.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Letting Cooper walk after using a first round pic for him 14 months ago is brutal.
That is and I’m not willing to do it. Now the money part is going to be difficult to try and agree on but I can’t get rid of him. He had a solid season but just like most it was all over the place week to week. As a whole it was solid.

Zordon

Reaction score
With Cooper & Dak unsigned this team can pivot in tune with new HC. Cowboys have a ton of compensatory picks coming their way in 2021 (which now can be traded). You franchise Dak and give new HC 16 games to evaluate him. You let Cooper walk and live with Galloway. If things don't work out this team will have resources to move up in 2021 draft for QB. The worst thing Jones could do is throw more massive money at players who do everything but get into playoffs and win.
I agree with you but you realize you're basically asking a 77 yr old man to take a step back and possibly rebuild....I don't think he has the energy for that. Jerry was just talking Super Bowls and fairytales last week. He's an eternal optimist who probably thinks this team is a hop, skip, and a jump away from making a run.

Zordon

Reaction score
That is and I’m not willing to do it. Now the money part is going to be difficult to try and agree on but I can’t get rid of him. He had a solid season but just like most it was all over the place week to week. As a whole it was solid.
Cut bait. Giving him big money is just doubling down on a bad mistake. The guy has skills all day but he lacks fire like my boy Dez had. There was some truth to the rumors about him in Oakland.

Carter

Reaction score
Yep. And so was drafting taco over watt. Two first rounders down the drain.
And to make matters worse, those picks were followed by awuzie and t hill.

And LVE with his Bad probably career ending Neck lol

the playmaker

Reaction score
With Cooper & Dak unsigned this team can pivot in tune with new HC. Cowboys have a ton of compensatory picks coming their way in 2021 (which now can be traded). You franchise Dak and give new HC 16 games to evaluate him. You let Cooper walk and live with Galloway. If things don't work out this team will have resources to move up in 2021 draft for QB. The worst thing Jones could do is throw more massive money at players who do everything but get into playoffs and win.
.....and a comp. pick to send JJ and the whole Jones family to MARS

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cut bait. Giving him big money is just doubling down on a bad mistake. The guy has skills all day but he lacks fire like my boy Dez had. There was some truth to the rumors about him in Oakland.
So you think him playing hurt lacks fire? He needs to yell at guys on the sideline?

csirl

Reaction score
We need a culture change. That means turning over most of the roster. All the JAGs should be let go. Every starter should be evaluated on an individual basis and older, over paid and bad attitude players traded or released.

Dont see the point in keeping any of the QBs on the roster. Easier to build a better culture with new faces.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Cooper isn't going anywhere......they begged him to sign a top 5 contract but he wanted to wait, thinking he could prove worthy of top 3-2. Obviously that's not going to happen now. My guess, Stephen will give him a choice, sign the same contract offer ( maybe a little less g'teed money ) or expect the transitional tag, giving us a chance to match any offer he receives.

I have no problem bringing him back.....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Who’s the QB next year?

Tagging Dak is the only smart decision. There is no long term financial commitment. You get to see him for one year under a new coach and system and if is the same old Dak, you walk with no pain at all.

It also doesn’t prevent you from taking a QB this year in draft of you want.

Agreed. I think we need to franchise Dak, and take a QB in round 2. We can always trade that QB for picks if Dak ends up being the franchise QB we need.

mperfection

Reaction score
Lol, well maybe not punch him in the head but yes, force himself into the game. If not that, at least look interested in what's happening. I don't know if you've ever watched the Super Bowl season documentary things they do. I can't remember what they're called right now. But my favorite Irvin story is the 92 NFCCG at San Fran. It was the play Harper took it 70+ yards. The game and season was on the line and the play that was called was for Harper to get the ball. Irvin told Harper to switch with him coming out of the huddle cuz he wanted to be the one to have the game in his hands. Aikman saw the switch, the niners adjusted and Ailman threw it to Harper and the rest is history. Point is, Irvin switched the play cuz he wanted the pressure on him. If Irvin can switch a play with the game and season on the line with a coach like Jimmy Johnson. Then Cooper can stay in the game with a coach like Garrett.
I remember both the game and the “America’s Game: 1992 Dallas Cowboys” documentary. Great points and very incisive!

dallas72

Reaction score
Wow didnt know Joey Galloway was back playing w us