Cowboys can make big moves if they want

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is and I’m not willing to do it. Now the money part is going to be difficult to try and agree on but I can’t get rid of him. He had a solid season but just like most it was all over the place week to week. As a whole it was solid.

He also disappears vs tough opponents. Drops alot of passes for a #1 guy. Doesn't have a killer attitude. Things to really think about before he makes 20 a year.

JMPearson

Reaction score
The biggest and best move would be to trade Zeke to Dolphins or Bengals for picks. That is a terrible contract and you can replace him in the draft with a 4th round RB, they rookie Zeke is gone and he is not coming back.

Trade to Miami for their second and Pittsburgh first.

Let Cooper walk,

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Franchise Cooper so you get him for one year and see what he does. If more of the same, then let him go.

I agree with this "Franchise Cooper ".
The guy has definitely being injured most of the season. His quickness, angle breaking ability just hasn't been there.
Give him that extra year, then pay him if it pans out. We have a 1st rounder tied up in him.

Now....
We change direction.
Daks had every opportunity with an array of weapons at his disposal. He is not our Franchise Player.
Put a 2nd round tender on Dak because I don't think Dak's play will have entice any other team to give us a 1st.
Dak was a late 4th flipped to a 2nd....OK....draft ammo.

Sign a free agent QB, we still have Rush and let our NEW head coach make the moves in the draft for his/our new Franchise QB.

We still have our offense it tact (WR's, O-line, RB's and no Dak) just waiting for a new leader to be added.

In the draft, find our QB and go defense.

Can we possibly trade Mr. Australian (walk-about) J. Smith ?

DaveRowe

Reaction score
If Urban Meyer is the new coach, keep Zeke. Zeke played for him so he knows how to handle him. If Meyer isn't the next coach, trade Zeke! We need a QB and they don't grow on trees, although other teams won with backup QB's. Under no conditions pay Dak what his agent wants. It should be clear to everyone that Dallas is not going to win with Dak at QB. Don't pay Cooper. Let him walk! I know we used a first-rounder on him but his head is not in the game. Trade J. Smith!

Gaede

Reaction score
LOL. What? So what is Cooper supppsed to do? Punch Garrett in the head and force himself back into the field?

Cobb was out too. That shows it was more the stupidity of the staff than anything else.

Inability to adjust to things as they happen in-game has been Garrett's #1 weakness since he started coaching.