Cowboys cap situation

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Crying? No, that is reserved for you and your fellow Dakfanatics when anyone criticizes your poster hero.
Your the one that continues to cry week and and week out because you dont understand football.

#1 scoring offense in the NFL, 2 years playoffs with a playoff win this year is purgatory to you?

Its not winning SB's........but its better than dumb solution to dump a top 10 QB with no plan thinking we can draft mahomes with the 27th pick. LOL

Keep crying buddy. Its about all your good at.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
all this guy does is point out issues he has no insight or critical thought
Making the 2nd round of the playoffs apparently is purgatory. LOL

Yep, the guy offers nothing at all. Probably thinks Mahomes can be drafted every year no problem.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
sorry man, what exactly are you doing here. reality says they have a depleted roster, their fans, most analysts. it’s just an accepted fact. they over achieved like crazy. that’s a tesrsnrhr to then and hard off, but it just is what it is.
Ha ha ok I can see you are just making stuff up. Have a good night.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I don't want to restructure Dak at this point. The Cowboys need to be prepared to potentially move on from him in two years and the money will make it impossible if the Cowboys keep restructuring.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Cut Zeke, and yes you'll create some cap space- but also create $11.86 Million in dead money. That's money that could have been used to bring in some nice free agents, or retain valuable pieces the team has in place already. Either way, you'll be paying the price for that bad contract.

Restructurings are fine, and can also create cap space. Usually though, the team is just kicking the can down the road- not solving a problem, only delaying its impact.

Flamma

Reaction score
#1 scoring offense in the NFL, 2 years playoffs with a playoff win this year is purgatory to you?
If those are your goals then we're doing great. This seems to be our ceiling. This isn't just dumb luck, we're not good enough to get past the divisional round. We don't have a team that has been good enough since 2007. The gap between the Cowboys and the 4 teams that were in the championship games is wide. Restructuring Dak without the willingness by the front office to bridge that gap is indeed purgatory. Because we're never a serious contender.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If those are your goals then we're doing great. This seems to be our ceiling. This isn't just dumb luck, we're not good enough to get past the divisional round. We don't have a team that has been good enough since 2007. The gap between the Cowboys and the 4 teams that were in the championship games is wide. Restructuring Dak without the willingness by the front office to bridge that gap is indeed purgatory. Because we're never a serious contender.
Goals no, facts yes. Purgatory no.

And no the gap isnt that wide. Cowboys are right there. They need a few more players and a better game by a few of their stars.

ABILITY for the front office to build a complete team? Now that is somewhat of a curse. But this season was far from purgatory.

Most of these clowns thought the Cowboys would be under 500 this year in the preseason crying about the lack of offseason moves.

Ken

Reaction score
When they sign Daniel Jones at 35-40 million per and Barkley at 14-15 per that will dry up
They will franchise DJ and let Saquan walk, imo.

They will also cut Golladay freeing up another 7.5 mill.

Ken

Reaction score
Pollard won’t be the same in 2 years. He may not be the same this coming year. I tag him if I keep him. Dak will restructure. He will save us some money along with others. Have a feeling Elliot will still be here. Just a opinion. Don’t hate on me for it. We are on the same team..
I'm letting Pollard walk unless he comes back at a seriously good deal.

Forneymike

Reaction score
Isn’t the plan obvious? Keep spending down and laugh all the way to the bank off of the brand name that is the Dallas Cowboys. The Jones’ are great businessmen, but horrific at building a SB contending team…and they don’t care.

I wish a reporter would ask Jerry/Stephen the direct question of: How are the Dallas Cowboys the most valuable sports franchise in North America, but continuously bottom 1/2 of the league in spending $ on players?

Would love to hear that response
We are bottom half of the league in spending money on players but 7 million over as far as the cap. I’m missing something

Aven8

Reaction score
Schultz will be gone....only hope of keeping Pollard is if they franchise tag him at a cost nearly $10M for 2023.....they will be stuck restructuring the POS QB which means Dallas will be in purgatory for more years.

I will laugh if Schultz goes to the Chargers and has a great season.
Schultz should have a good season. He’s good. But he’s too expensive

Forneymike

Reaction score
Then you remember Dallas brought in Joey Galloway and had Rocket Ismail because Jerry tried to supports the WR corps after Irvin went down. Then Galloway wrecks his knee and later that year Ismail also wrecked his knee. Aikman ended his career in April 2001 before the season began, that left Quincy Carter as the QB. Ismail played three seasons for Dallas. One ending in injury. His production was limited by the QB under center and the fact he was a complimentary WR and not the #1 WR, which he was thrown into when Galloway went down. Circumstance had as much to do with his production than anything else, I believe.

Hardy played one game for Carolina the year before Dallas brought him in. He had chronic knee injuries and fought that for a while with the Panthers. Jerry was trying to put the guy who had 15 sacks two years before on the field, but Hardy was past his prime. He played one year with Dallas and then retired. Or had a domestic abuse issue which retired him.

Glover was a stud. Glover anchored that defensive front.

Henry had 12 picks in four years. His best year was 2007 where he had 6 with a pick six and 81 total yards for returns. He was serviceable, but I would hardly suggest he was a top flight player. Maybe in Jerry's eyes. But then Jerry paid a fortune for Roy Williams of the Lions. So, there's that.

Rivera played two years in Dallas after being in GB for 8. He had 16 penalties in those two years, but did start 30 games during that time. Not certain he was a reach for the star player, but more a reputation of his heyday in GB. Jerry loves those reclamation projects. If they pan out he looks like a "real football guy."

TO produced here. He was a head case, but he delivered.

I understand your point, but in the history of this team under Jones' leadership, I don't see any time when they actually went balls to the wall and got themselves a guy who wasn't on the back end of his career. The miss I hold up as the ultimate tragedy was Julius Peppers. That guy went to his second team and put up even better numbers than his first.

All I can think of is when Jerry goes shopping is that Indiana Jones (no relation) film where the spare guy was picking out the real Holy Grail to drink from. It was not the Grail. The Grail Knight said:

"He chose..............poorly."
Deion Sanders?

nobody

Reaction score
They can create $32 million of space by restructuring Dak and cutting Zeke alone; and that doesn't even factor in all the other moves they can make with the contracts of Tyron Smith, D-Law, Zack Martin, etc..

Every year there is so much hand wringing about cap space and nothing ever changes. Last year Dallas was $27 million under and didn't spend any of it anyway.
No.. no no no.. we need to take our medicine now and dump him as soon as possible. He's never taking us anywhere and we have a decent roster other than a few pieces.... Do we really want to waste that time on him by restructuring a known choker? No.

Flamma

Reaction score
Goals no, facts yes. Purgatory no.

And no the gap isnt that wide. Cowboys are right there. They need a few more players and a better game by a few of their stars.

ABILITY for the front office to build a complete team? Now that is somewhat of a curse. But this season was far from purgatory.

Most of these clowns thought the Cowboys would be under 500 this year in the preseason crying about the lack of offseason moves.
We're never good enough to get past the divisional round. That's what people mean by being stuck in purgatory. We're sometimes good enough to get there, but never a serious contender for the SB. I put 100% of the blame on the front office because it's their job to build on the last season. To decide what's needed to improve. They seem unwilling to do this.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We're never good enough to get past the divisional round. That's what people mean by being stuck in purgatory. We're sometimes good enough to get there, but never a serious contender for the SB. I put 100% of the blame on the front office because it's their job to build on the last season. To decide what's needed to improve. They seem unwilling to do this.
The ONLY team I thought we couldnt beat was the Niners.

Eagles, Vikings, Giants I thought were all beatable for us.

So people are wrong who say that. And we were a good game from Dak or a few easy picks away from beating the niners. Heck if Pollard doesnt go down we have a chance.

Just because some overzealous cry baby morons start saying stupid things doenst mean you have to buy into it.

And no were not stuck in purgatory. But if you want to join the pity part be my guest.

tm1119

Reaction score
We are bottom half of the league in spending money on players but 7 million over as far as the cap. I’m missing something
It’s not difficult to manipulate the cap and spend a lot of $ in the NFL with contract construction and restructures while still getting under the cap. The Cowboys spent the 19th most on their roster this year. And if you break it down further $95M of $166M went to only 6 players- Dak, Dlaw, Tyron, Martin, Gallup and Zeke. 3 of which were non factors to the season

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cash/

And I’m not advocating going all out in the 200M’s and completely mortgaging the future like the Rams model. There is a reasonable middle ground. This team routinely goes into the season with glaring holes when more could have been done. They just choose not to.

Last edited:

starfrombirth

Reaction score
They can create $32 million of space by restructuring Dak and cutting Zeke alone; and that doesn't even factor in all the other moves they can make with the contracts of Tyron Smith, D-Law, Zack Martin, etc..

Every year there is so much hand wringing about cap space and nothing ever changes. Last year Dallas was $27 million under and didn't spend any of it anyway.
Why in the world would they restructure a QB who has shown repeatedly that he can't advance even with loaded rosters?

Wangchung83

Reaction score
nyone know how much the cap goes up this year. We are fine.
Your the one that continues to cry week and and week out because you dont understand football.

Its not winning SB's........but its better than dumb solution to dump a top 10 QB with no plan thinking we can draft mahomes with the 27th pick. LOL

Keep crying buddy. Its about all your good at.
You call him top 10, wow, what fantasy land do you live in? He has weapons, but you say he has the 32nd ranked receiving corps and nothing to back that up with. You say your boy is amazing, except disappear when he plays worse than a JV QB. Accept the facts and move along, get a doctors checkup because you either have something growing upstairs or have lost too much ex vacuo changes. Its not winning period, its not even staying relevant. I think it was also you trying to convince everyone that 49s hadn't won a Super Bowl in 28 years, however, fail to mention that they have been to multiple NFC championships and three superbowls in those 28 years, where we haven't even made it out of divisional round. I rather be bad and below average for a few years and start rebuilding as I'm getting old and this QB isn't going anywhere.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You call him top 10, wow, what fantasy land do you live in? He has weapons, but you say he has the 32nd ranked receiving corps and nothing to back that up with. You say your boy is amazing, except disappear when he plays worse than a JV QB. Accept the facts and move along, get a doctors checkup because you either have something growing upstairs or have lost too much ex vacuo changes. Its not winning period, its not even staying relevant. I think it was also you trying to convince everyone that 49s hadn't won a Super Bowl in 28 years, however, fail to mention that they have been to multiple NFC championships and three superbowls in those 28 years, where we haven't even made it out of divisional round. I rather be bad and below average for a few years and start rebuilding as I'm getting old and this QB isn't going anywhere.
You must have mean this for someone else.