Cowboys caught a break with the refs

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I'm the first one to complain about the refs when we lose.....I want to be fair and do it in wins too.

Refs did us a solid changing that Gallup call. It proved to be the right call but they had they never changed the call....we can't challenge because we had no timeouts left to challenge. Would've screwed us big.

ON a minor note.....anyone saw that miss of a false start by the Falcons right tackle?
He was down. There was a clear angle of his butt hitting in bounds before his elbow

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He was down. There was a clear angle of his butt hitting in bounds before his elbow
I didn't question if he caught it or not. I said I thought it was the right call. But I'm speaking on the refs. They called it one way and then shockingly changed it. That was a break. A Much deserving break but break nonetheless.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right, that's what I meant when I said "changed it to a catch before review" but I get your point that if they said it was not a catch Dallas couldn't challenge and then this board would be in an uproar about how officials KNEW Dallas couldn't challenge and CHOSE to "screw us" when we'd gotten so close.
Yeah? And?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I didn't question if he caught it or not. I said I thought it was the right call. But I'm speaking on the refs. They called it one way and then shockingly changed it. That was a break. A Much deserving break but break nonetheless.
The right call for sure.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is what refs are SUPPOSED to do....even without official video review.

And I believe they often try....I see many refs over rule each other at the spot of the call. They look at each other for confirmation. Just might be hard to catch it on TV.

I'm really hoping this is no(t) an actual "break"...but SOP.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is what refs are SUPPOSED to do....even without official video review.

And I believe they often try....I see many refs over rule each other at the spot of the call. They look at each other for confirmation. Just might be hard to catch it on TV.

I'm really hoping this is no an actual "break"...but SOP.
I mean yeah they are suppose to do it but they don't. They surely didn't do it last week on the Gallup play.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The gallup catch was actually a catch though so I thank the refs for actually calling it correct. That's all fans want is to have correct calls. I felt the big call was the 12 men in a huddle that actually wasn't. They were going to go for it on 4th and 2. And most likely would have converted with this bum defense.

Kaiser

Reaction score
There were at least 3 passes the Boys had a very good opportunity to intercept that they dropped That‘s just how the game goes. At the end of every game there are some missed calls and missed opportunities that both teams have to overcome to have a chance to win.

Totally agree, there was also a sideline route where Gallup beat the DB and the guy grabbed Gallup's arm to knock him off balance. It was PI under the rule, but he did it in a way that shielded his arm from the Ref's view so it wasn't called. That kind of stuff happens all the time also.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I agree but we are talking about his hands here.....it wasn't like he wasn't wide open hough. He looked hobbled but on that play he had the corner beat.
I know but I think Julio of 3 years ago would have been in better position to catch it.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The gallup catch was actually a catch though so I thank the refs for actually calling it correct. That's all fans want is to have correct calls. I felt the big call was the 12 men in a huddle that actually wasn't. They were going to go for it on 4th and 2. And most likely would have converted with this bum defense.

Yeah, that one I'd love to see an explanation for. The broadcasters gave some detail but never showed any video to back it up. According to Blandino's explanation, there needed to be a snap, which I believe to be true because the penalty they ultimately cited came from the same group of rules as that Butler penalty in 2016 (which doesn't exist now) which also necessitated a snap for it to be called. Here, there was no snap and they threw the flag as if it were a 12-men in the huddle penalty which is a pre-snap foul and the only one of those rules in that grouping that is a pre-snap foul.

Proof

Reaction score
What was the final explanation of the too many men in the huddle call?

They didn't really explain it. Just said that it wasn't 12 men in the huddle. I don't get the controversy though, it was 12 men on the field regardless. Was just explained incorrectly

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There was a time or two that the gave the Falcons extra yards spotting the ball.

aria

Reaction score
The refs gift wrapped a win for us this week and tried last week by ignoring the face mask INT but I thought that was impossible since Goodell hates us as do all officials :huh:

InTheZone

Reaction score
We caught so many breaks we'll probably never be this lucky again. Need everyone to be sharper going forward.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
This is from Dan Quinn about the 12-man penalty. Would love to know if the NFL comments further.

On the explanation he was given from the officials for the too-many-men foul on fourth down in the third quarter: “I’m just going to say it was one we discussed. Hopefully one that won’t happen again because it wasn’t anything that the team had fouled up.”

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-...he-loss-to-dallas/5NF6M4X6NFBLNMHEA6TJQFPXFM/