Cowboys caught a break with the refs

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I wasn't. The break came with us actually getting the right call. The refs could've easily screwed that up and we wouldn't be able to challenge it.

Exactly. They could easily have decided to stick with the original call, and we would have been screwed, but the refs functioned as they should have.

For that matter, even if they had the ability to challenge, if the refs had stuck with the incomplete call it's at least possible they could have decided it was too close to reverse the call.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sure, we caught breaks all game. But we also shot ourselves in the foot so many times with the turnovers and fake punts. Julio Jones catches that pass from Gage and the game is iced. That one looms large.
if ifs and buts were candies and nuts ... you know the rest..

no ifs we won..

last week we cam IF to death the OPI call and not going for the easy fg in 3 point loss on the road..we can IF to death that we could be 0-2 or 2-0 fine line between winning and losing in todays NFL..

speedkilz88

Reaction score
This is from Dan Quinn about the 12-man penalty. Would love to know if the NFL comments further.

On the explanation he was given from the officials for the too-many-men foul on fourth down in the third quarter: “I’m just going to say it was one we discussed. Hopefully one that won’t happen again because it wasn’t anything that the team had fouled up.”

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-...he-loss-to-dallas/5NF6M4X6NFBLNMHEA6TJQFPXFM/
Julio was on the Cowboys sideline though. They just called the wrong penalty, still a penalty.

jrumann59

Reaction score
How do you get in any better position than that?
I think he if he had another 1/2 step he would have hauled it in. I personally think he misjudged it it almost like he wanted to layout but thought not to at the last second.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Julio was on the Cowboys sideline though. They just called the wrong penalty, still a penalty.

We never see that. The only shot there is of Julio after laying out in the end zone a while is him on his own sideline on the ground being stretched out right after the officials call a penalty on Altanta for 12-men. We hear he was on the Dallas sideline. What we don't know is when, for how long, during the Atlanta huddle, after the Atlanta huddle, or while Atlanta was lined up for the 4th Down play. The penalty is an at the snap penalty but no snap ever happened so it's possible that Atlanta could have called a timeout to reset unless Julio was deemed to be part of the 4th Down formation when he (must have) run back to his own sideline. We just don't see where all the other Atlanta players were at the time or how close it was to the snap.