Cowboys cemented their Joke Status

Jkyle

Reaction score
We've been labeled a Joke for many years now but this season's ending really cemented that honor.
They called us a joke before but it was mainly due to this team not really having the right players and coaches and we always lost because the hype always over road the reality that we weren't really a good team but advanced to the playoffs only to fail.
But this year was different. They actually had everyone, including cynics, convinced that they were a good team and had a chance to really advance. Outside of getting the #1 seed, they had everything laid out for them perfectly. Pretty much everyone had the Cowboys advancing. But to go out in such an embarrassing fashion having all of the supposed pieces and scenarios there put the final nail in the coffin.

ICP

Reaction score
And with it their fans as well, yay for us

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Only low I.Q. Dallas fans were fooled this year. The rest of us openly stated what would happen come playoff time all year.
Some of us did neither. Some of us were saying, "Yes, they've won a lot of regular season games, but I'll celebrate a trip to the NFC Championship or even to the Super Bowl when it actually happens. Right now just beat Green Bay." I cautioned people against getting ahead of themselves, and that no other playoff game would happen without a victory over the Packers. But I didn't call going to the NFCC impossible either. Unfortunately, this team repeated its underachieving ways.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
There were some idiots on the NFL network part way into the season saying why doesn't Josh Allen get the same treatment Dak gets. Well if you watched that playoff game we all know why.
They were saying that here also.

If you thought Allen was better than Dak it was about more than just football to some around here.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Only low I.Q. Dallas fans were fooled this year. The rest of us openly stated what would happen come playoff time all year.
To be fair, if the team that went 12-5 and played very well most of the season showed up, you probably beat GB.

I think it is just pretty unbelievable how the Cowboys just completely no show year after year in the playoffs. It almost defies explanation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We've been labeled a Joke for many years now but this season's ending really cemented that honor.
They called us a joke before but it was mainly due to this team not really having the right players and coaches and we always lost because the hype always over road the reality that we weren't really a good team but advanced to the playoffs only to fail.
But this year was different. They actually had everyone, including cynics, convinced that they were a good team and had a chance to really advance. Outside of getting the #1 seed, they had everything laid out for them perfectly. Pretty much everyone had the Cowboys advancing. But to go out in such an embarrassing fashion having all of the supposed pieces and scenarios there put the final nail in the coffin.
Well its important to know what they say doesn't matter. This organization has 5 rings and was considered a joke. I want us to be good but I don't care what the mediots or analysts say. Or what other fanbases say and you shouldn't either. They will always laugh. We are the Cowboys.

raven55

Reaction score
remember they miss there off season trip to cabo or some other resort going deep in the playoff might delay that

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
If Jerry rolls out the same trash, we will have transcended joke status. I'm talking pathetic, bag-over-the-head buffoonery.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The 1 seed in the NFC has lost in the divisional round twice this century - it was Dallas both times they had it (07 and 16).

Dallas became the first team to lose to a 7 seed.

They had a different head coach in all three of those losses.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
One thing I don't see any evidence that Jerry understands yet is that the game just didn't embarrass the coaches and players. It was so bad yet so in character that it humiliated the fanbase. Everyone who is a proud Cowboy fan anywhere in proximity to other teams' fans are taking it on the chin this week worse than they ever have.

That's really not a good thing for an owner who is so proud of his team's financials. For the next year, in many places wearing a cowboys jersey or hat will be the equivalent of wearing a clown suit.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
I'm on a Seinfeld group in Facebook. They are making Seinfeld memes about the Cowboys and people are celebrating like is the 4th of July.

The hatred for the Cowboys is unreal, and the clowns in charge of this franchise and the clowns who take the field make it easier for everybody to have a laugh at our expense.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You. Still think Dak is MVP who will show up in the playoffs? Lol. Enjoy eating your crow.
Dak didn't lose the game. The Defense did. You know this, but your Dak hatred controls you. Dak will get extended and will be around for another 4 - 5 years. Enjoy your misery. I'll get a good laugh watching. lol

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Dak didn't lose the game. The Defense did. You know this, but your Dak hatred controls you. Dak will get extended and will be around for another 4 - 5 years. Enjoy your misery. I'll get a good laugh watching. lol
You were wrong. As always. Enjoy your crow. And enjoy your "deep" playoff run led by the Most Valuable Bottomfeeder next year. Lol.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Listen I am a Dak fan. And while it is true the entire team lost the game and better QB play would not have mattered, this does NOT excuse the terrible game Dak played.

The question even his staunchest supporters need to ask is why did he play (arguably) his worst game of the season in the biggest moment?

The defense and the entire team sucked as well. But we cannot hide Dak's terrible game behind it. We need to be concerned no matter which side of the Dak debate you are on.